2016 Financial Reports

Re: 2016 Financial Reports

by HfxTC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:03 am

Argofan_1000 wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:
HfxTC wrote:Miller needs to improve the team's bottom line by about 2 million either through increased revenues or cutting expenses or a combination of the two.

:thup:

I know Winnipeg needed a new stadium, but the price seemed awfully steep.

I think paying the 2nd mortgage off before the main one is smart. Then build up the reserve fund again and go and renegotiate the loan for a much better interest rate. Get rid of the transit burden also. I don't know how they wind up paying for that.

Bombers had 1/4 million fans come out. they could make an additional $2.5 million from the supporters and could then pay for everything if they raised just $10 more from each of them through additional fans, concessions, parking, Bomber gear, ticket prices, corporate support, boxes etc. I don't think it would be that hard to do for this team and I wouldn't wait.

When all this was planned, there was no NHL hockey team in town. That makes competing for the dollars and the free exposure much more difficult.
Bombers have done a good job overall. A solid B+. You don't see that organization wasting half a million going to Vero Beach for example. They need to micromanage their expenses (size and staff pay, cost of injured roster...) and constantly work at improving the revenue streams you speak of and will do fine.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:01 pm

So, by going to Vero Beach for a three-day spring training -April 10,11 and 12- the Alouettes will be wasting half a million. Can you enlighten me, HfxTC?

I do know that 65 or so players will take part and that 70% to 75% of them are Int. players residing in the States. To me, the costs will be less than $100,000 and probably less,particularly due to travel costs, than if it was held in Montreal. Maybe I am missing something and it is why I would like to be enlighten.

Richard
All-Star

by Argofan_1000 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:14 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:So, by going to Vero Beach for a three-day spring training -April 10,11 and 12- the Alouettes will be wasting half a million. Can you enlighten me, HfxTC?

I do know that 65 or so players will take part and that 70% to 75% of them are Int. players residing in the States. To me, the costs will be less than $100,000 and probably less,particularly due to travel costs, than if it was held in Montreal. Maybe I am missing something and it is why I would like to be enlighten.

Richard

If it were 1/2 a million per club then the CFL should buy there own training facility in Vero Beach. Just looked and a 40 - 50 acre site is less than a million. Maybe the owners should look at that anyway
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:
RichardVeilleux wrote:So, by going to Vero Beach for a three-day spring training -April 10,11 and 12- the Alouettes will be wasting half a million. Can you enlighten me, HfxTC?

Richard

If it were 1/2 a million per club then the CFL should buy there own training facility in Vero Beach. Just looked and a 40 - 50 acre site is less than a million. Maybe the owners should look at that anyway

If you look at the Financial Reports put out by the Esks, Riders and Bombers the costs to run the entire June training camp is around 500k for each of the 3 teams, I assume all teams would be around the same cost.
How could a 3 day spring training cost the same amount of money?
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:14 pm

slimjim2 wrote:If you look at the Financial Reports put out by the Esks, Riders and Bombers the costs to run the entire June training camp is around 500k for each of the 3 teams, I assume all teams would be around the same cost.
How could a 3 day spring training cost the same amount of money?

Free donuts?

Either way, there are costs to be cut - if necessary.
All-Star

Previous