Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by OskeeweeneeVI » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:49 pm

Agreed with the road helmets. Like I've said before, I understand the alternative/throwback jerseys but NOBODY buys a helmet.
Rookie
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by beaglehound » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 pm

bobo82 wrote:
Agree !!! Yes to RED :thup: ................. Big NO to BLACK :thdn:
Image


Bobo...

I don't mind either colour on the Stamps helmets. They remind me of black and red jelly beans which are my favourites! How's that for rationalizing. :lol:
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4702
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by PTBO Dave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:55 pm

beaglehound wrote:
bobo82 wrote:
Agree !!! Yes to RED :thup: ................. Big NO to BLACK :thdn:
Image


Bobo...

I don't mind either colour on the Stamps helmets. They remind me of black and red jelly beans which are my favourites! How's that for rationalizing. :lol:


I've always hated the Stamps black helmets . . . until now, that is. Mmmm, black licorice! :thup:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by brihind88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Also, they look just like the old Ottawa RR.

Love the old Ottawa RR, but hate the Stamps stole it.

BTW, Goerge Hopkins is the guy to blame for this.

GH is the equipment manger, and it was his dumb idea.

Good ole George has been the equipment guy since 1973.

Good on him for that, but this was bad . Real bad.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by EastVanMark » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:29 am

Those red helmets looked so sharp. Why on earth would you mess that up with the black helmet design. Almost as bad as their ugly tunic/baseball jerseys from a few years ago.
All-Star
 
Posts: 3221
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:47 pm
Location: East Van

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by rhymes with orange » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:32 am

brihind88 wrote:As of now , Stamps, Lions, and Argos need to drop the alternate helmets.

Both Riders got rid of the white helmets ( Washington Federals ) and Esks got rid of the green ( Memphis Maddogs ) .

I hope the other 3 mentioned do as well.

Pick a helmet and stick with it.


If you ask the players too, they'd much rather break in one helmet and stick with just that, than have to wear two.

And put me down for 'disdain' for the Stamps' fixation with black for these past number of years. The red and white was so distinctive and classy. I could even live with the gold trim in the late 70s, early 80s IIRC? But I just can't get used to all the black they've turned to.
Proud B.C. Lions season ticket holder since 1995.
Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by brihind88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:09 am

rhymes with orange wrote:
brihind88 wrote:As of now , Stamps, Lions, and Argos need to drop the alternate helmets.

Both Riders got rid of the white helmets ( Washington Federals ) and Esks got rid of the green ( Memphis Maddogs ) .

I hope the other 3 mentioned do as well.

Pick a helmet and stick with it.


If you ask the players too, they'd much rather break in one helmet and stick with just that, than have to wear two.

And put me down for 'disdain' for the Stamps' fixation with black for these past number of years. The red and white was so distinctive and classy. I could even live with the gold trim in the late 70s, early 80s IIRC? But I just can't get used to all the black they've turned to.


OK, if we on this board are smart enough to hate the black helmets, why have the Stamps not figured it out yet ?

BTW RWO , in the late 70's - 1988 , the Stamps had silver trim, not gold.

Hey, here is some interesting trivia.

Remember Stamps / Lions coach Larry Kuharich ?

When the USFL folded, he came here .

When he got the Stamps HC job, the first thing he tried to do was get the Stamps to were SILVER helmets and BLACK jerseys.
The Stamps management at the time said , NO WAY. we are red and that is that. :thup: :thup: :thup:

He goes out to coach the Lions and he gets his wish. :? :?

When I think of Larry Q, 2 visions come to mind.

89 West semi, where he made that classless gesture to the Riders fans, and the childish interview after the loss.
The in his last year with the Lions when he was boodd of the field and some Lions fans were dumping stuff on him. :lol:
All-Star
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by canadianfootballfan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 am

This isn't a thread about what helmets you like. It's about people who like the CFL as is, rather than try to change everything about it.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by brihind88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:40 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:This isn't a thread about what helmets you like. It's about people who like the CFL as is, rather than try to change everything about it.


Thanks for the call out.

That is on me. My fault.

I was the one who brought up the helmets.

However, as annoying as it can be, it is rare that any of our threads DO NOT go in a different direction.

In fact, the only one that has not got derailed is the cheerleader photo thread. :wink:
All-Star
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by canadianfootballfan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:45 am

brihind88 wrote:
canadianfootballfan wrote:This isn't a thread about what helmets you like. It's about people who like the CFL as is, rather than try to change everything about it.


Thanks for the call out.

That is on me. My fault.

I was the one who brought up the helmets.

However, as annoying as it can be, it is rare that any of our threads DO NOT go in a different direction.

In fact, the only one that has not got derailed is the cheerleader photo thread. :wink:


Fair points.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by greenandwhite » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:54 am

The CFL has made good changes over the past few years. Extra points being moved back, and the penalty for kicking out of bounds between the 20s, I think, has improved the more exciting plays like punt returns. The changes made on PI challenges slowed the game down quite a bit, but I think they've reconciled that somewhat with the changes even to the PI rule. The spirit of the rule was good; some blatant PIs were missed, but still needed to be tweaked a bit to increase flow of the game.
All-Star
 
Posts: 5003
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by rhymes with orange » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 pm

brihind88 wrote:BTW RWO , in the late 70's - 1988 , the Stamps had silver trim, not gold.


Oh jeez yea, brihind88. Right you are! :oops: For some reason I had'49ers' in my head, but it's been a while since I've seen them.

The silver trim was not too bad, looking back. Again, if they HAD to add a 3rd color and not remain like say, the Detroit Red Wings.
Proud B.C. Lions season ticket holder since 1995.
Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:06 pm

rhymes with orange wrote:
brihind88 wrote:BTW RWO , in the late 70's - 1988 , the Stamps had silver trim, not gold.


Oh jeez yea, brihind88. Right you are! :oops: For some reason I had'49ers' in my head, but it's been a while since I've seen them.

The silver trim was not too bad, looking back. Again, if they HAD to add a 3rd color and not remain like say, the Detroit Red Wings.


In your defense, I think the Stamps did wear some gold/beige pants a while back as a throwback nod to the 1950s or 40s.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by bobo82 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:55 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:
rhymes with orange wrote:
brihind88 wrote:BTW RWO , in the late 70's - 1988 , the Stamps had silver trim, not gold.


Oh jeez yea, brihind88. Right you are! :oops: For some reason I had'49ers' in my head, but it's been a while since I've seen them.

The silver trim was not too bad, looking back. Again, if they HAD to add a 3rd color and not remain like say, the Detroit Red Wings.


In your defense, I think the Stamps did wear some gold/beige pants a while back as a throwback nod to the 1950s or 40s.


The Stamps did indeed wear gold pants in the 2009 season as part of the league's retro look uniform that all teams had to wear for I think it was for 2 games each that year .
Image
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1706
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Where are the fans that like the CFL as is?

by brihind88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Those were ugly, so horrible, it ruined the labour day game. :roll:

When they ran out on to the field , I thought:

WOW, the Stamps took the day off and they flew in the USC Trojans. :thdn:

Glad that nightmare never happened again.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: Fred C Dobbs and 40 guests