Is Vince Young BAD for the CFL?

Yes
22%
No
51%
Neither good or bad
27%

Total votes : 41

Re: POLL: Is Vince Young BAD for the CFL?

by Neely2005 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:22 am

I don't see how it can be bad. He garnered off season attention and publicity for the league. If he's successful it will mean even more attention. If he fails it shows the quality and competitiveness of the league.
"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
10- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions
4- Saskatchewan Roughriders"

http://www.cfl.ca/2010/12/02/by-the-num ... cup-glory/
All-Star

by jamie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:35 am

This is just about a guy that played football his whole life. He had great success early, great failures later. He wants a chance to compete again. What's not to like? This is not about the CFL. It's about a player trying to restart his career. I have no idea if he will be successful but I'm betting he will love playing up here in Canada and love Regina too. I hope he brings his family as well.
All-Star

by Migs » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 pm

jamie wrote:This is just about a guy that played football his whole life. He had great success early, great failures later. He wants a chance to compete again. What's not to like? This is not about the CFL. It's about a player trying to restart his career. I have no idea if he will be successful but I'm betting he will love playing up here in Canada and love Regina too. I hope he brings his family as well.

Well said. He said when he was in Regina that his family is moving up here with him.
Last edited by Migs on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starter

by Migs » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:Is Vince Young BAD for the CFL?

Vote early and vote often! :cowboy: [/i]

This poll didn't quite work out the way you were hoping hey?
Starter

by jamie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Oh ...nice. Betcha they love it once the adjustment from Houston is made. Assuming he makes it.
All-Star

by EastVanMark » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Neely2005 wrote:I don't see how it can be bad. He garnered off season attention and publicity for the league. If he's successful it will mean even more attention. If he fails it shows the quality and competitiveness of the league.

Exactly. :thup:

Whether or not the guy manages to find success on the field, he has already served the purpose of bringing attention to the league. Heck even the thread on this website has hundreds of posts in it.

The league hasn't had a high profile signing like this in a decade.

All positives for the Riders and the league itself no matter what the outcome on the field is
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Migs wrote:
Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:Is Vince Young BAD for the CFL?

Vote early and vote often! :cowboy: [/i]

This poll didn't quite work out the way you were hoping hey?

The poll is working out great! :cowboy:

Lots of great comments and discussion. One or two of those good comments were even posted by Rider fans! :o
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 am

EastVanMark wrote:
Neely2005 wrote:I don't see how it can be bad. He garnered off season attention and publicity for the league. If he's successful it will mean even more attention. If he fails it shows the quality and competitiveness of the league.

Whether or not the guy manages to find success on the field, he has already served the purpose of bringing attention to the league. Heck even the thread on this website has hundreds of posts in it.

Really?

2006 Ricky Williams

2006 Quincy Carter

2011 Jerry Porter

2013 Troy Smith

2014 Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson

2015 Michael Sam
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by BCRiderFan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:37 am

EastVanMark wrote:

All positives for the Riders and the league itself no matter what the outcome on the field is

A young colleague of mine, mid- 20's, huge NFL fan, never watches the CFL, ever. Doesn't bad mouth it, it's just sadly not on his radar, typical of millenials. His team just happens to be the Titans, and you know what? Knowing I'm a big CFL fan, he talked to me a couple days ago and said he's really rooting for Vince, and is definitely going to be checking out the CFL this year. So there's that.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 am

The Rider fans are literally acting like politicians trying to pass some sketchy new bill by pumping it up with fluff.

Truly pathetic.
Veteran

by brihind88 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:20 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:The Rider fans are literally acting like politicians trying to pass some sketchy new bill by pumping it up with fluff.

Truly pathetic.

Careful Canadianfan,

Those are some fragile egos and feelings you are toying with. :D
All-Star

by Migs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:The Rider fans are literally acting like politicians trying to pass some sketchy new bill by pumping it up with fluff.

Truly pathetic.

One of the greatest CFL receivers of all time weighs in.

http://www.rodpedersen.com/2017/03/elga ... g.html?m=1
Starter

by Migs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:38 am

brihind88 wrote:Careful Canadianfan,

Those are some fragile egos and feelings you are toying with. :D

If you re-read this thread & others regarding Vince Young with logical thought you will realize it isn't the Riders fans with fragile egos.
Starter

by Taleback » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am

Truly pathetic.

3 of the 4 Vince Young threads are started by non Rider fans and 82% of the posts in them are from non Rider fans. Your lack of knowledge and perception of reality is what's truly pathetic.
All-Star

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:03 am

Taleback wrote:

Truly pathetic.

3 of the 4 Vince Young threads are started by non Rider fans and 82% of the posts in them are from non Rider fans. Your lack of knowledge and perception of reality is what's truly pathetic.

The frequency of anyone's posts are irrelevant. I'm talking about the delusional spin that all Rider fans seem to be putting on this signing - like you. You need to work on language comprehension.
Veteran

PreviousNext