Is Vince Young BAD for the CFL?

Yes
22%
No
51%
Neither good or bad
27%

Total votes : 41

Re: POLL: Is Vince Young BAD for the CFL?

by BCRiderFan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:40 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:
Migs wrote:This is a ridiculous question/poll. The Vince Young signing is a win win for the league. IF he fails it makes the league look strong in that a decorated big name QB can't compete against CFL talent. It's a win!

Now just imagine if he does well, which I think he will. It will be big time publicity for the league. Espn, Foxsports, & all the big name USA sports entities will be religiously following the CFL. Massive win for the league.

Anyone who says this is bad for the league obviously has an agenda because they know damn well IF Young stil has it, it means all eyes will be on the hated Riders & their new football palace!

With all due respect... you're totally delusional.

No he's not, he's 100% bang on. There's already been an ESPN interview that wouldn't have happened without him signing. The anti-Riders anything attitude on this lame excuse of a message board is pure comedy. The moderators and CFL may want to take note the extremely low traffic on this site is because Rider fans won't come here for obvious reasons. There's what, ten or so of you that rule the roost here, and what is supposed to be a CFL message board suffers as a result.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran

by HfxTC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Should be another wonderful candidate for Chris Jones

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700 ... =editorial
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Migs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Anyone who voted yes to this goofy poll should read this story.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2017 ... 50471/ph3/
Starter

by Grover » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Migs wrote:Anyone who voted yes to this goofy poll should read this story.

I already had voted no, I read it anyways, thanks for posting.

Chris O'Leary‏Verified account
@olearychris
A side note in this Leigh Steinberg story: Jarious Jackson is either in TX now or was there working out Vince Young.
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by Preisst » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:30 pm

BCRiderFan wrote:No he's not, he's 100% bang on. There's already been an ESPN interview that wouldn't have happened without him signing. The anti-Riders anything attitude on this lame excuse of a message board is pure comedy. The moderators and CFL may want to take note the extremely low traffic on this site is because Rider fans won't come here for obvious reasons. There's what, ten or so of you that rule the roost here, and what is supposed to be a CFL message board suffers as a result.

I concur. It's boring. It's childish.

Of course the 4 or 5 posters who have driven anyone who wants to talk actual football away won't care cuz it allows them to continue with their hatred laced puerile commentary and rule the roost.

Just a reminder why I stayed away for 7 years and will probably do so again. I'm only interested in talking football not engaging in childish name calling and posting nothing but insults and schoolyard playground zone antics.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by HfxTC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Look at that ! The fans who take a daily shiat on Burris, Austin,Taman, Nick Lewis, Cornish, Chamblin, Kavis Reed (Mavis) complain about an unfair reaction.

Last edited by HfxTC on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Migs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Grover wrote:

@olearychris
A side note in this Leigh Steinberg story: Jarious Jackson is either in TX now or was there working out Vince Young.

That's good news about Jackson being down south with Young.

Also Jones just said on Sportscage that Young is already down 15lbs & is already at his playing weight.

Sounds positive!
Starter

by bobo82 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Migs wrote:
Grover wrote:

@olearychris

That's good news about Jackson being down south with Young.

Also Jones just said on Sportscage that Young is already down 15lbs & is already at his playing weight.

Sounds positive!

Not that it matters but I also didn't vote yes . I voted for the third option....Neither good/bad..... and for what it's worth I did read the linked article as well . So I see that VY has supposedly apparently already dropped some weight . I heard the number 248 , so is that what he was ? or what he is now ? Serious question , no BS .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by brihind88 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:08 pm

I see Rider fans still think they are being picked on. :(
They seem to think this is about them while it is all about VY. :?

OK, I will come clean. Here is the truth.
VY is just an excuse to take shots at R fans.

As a watermelon rights activist, I am disgusted and appalled at the abuse and mistreatment of watermelons.
The senseless slaughter of innocent watermelons must be stopped.
Other fan bases purchase regular team head gear, so there is no reason for this atrocity to continue.
All-Star

by Migs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:24 pm

bobo82 wrote:Not that it matters but I also didn't vote yes . I voted for the third option....Neither good/bad..... and for what it's worth I did read the linked article as well . So I see that VY has supposedly apparently already dropped some weight . I heard the number 248 , so is that what he was ? or what he is now ? Serious question , no BS .

Jones said that Young is now at his original playing weight which is about 230.
Starter

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:21 am

Migs wrote:
bobo82 wrote:Not that it matters but I also didn't vote yes . I voted for the third option....Neither good/bad..... and for what it's worth I did read the linked article as well . So I see that VY has supposedly apparently already dropped some weight . I heard the number 248 , so is that what he was ? or what he is now ? Serious question , no BS .

Jones said that Young is now at his original playing weight which is about 230.

Well he sucked playing at that weight, and being 5-8 years younger. But of course, he will now rule the CFL :lol:

He was a mediocre NFL QB. He fooled the Titans into drafting him too high, because of his National Championship victory over the "unbeatable" Reggie Bush led USC Trojans.

That college game should have been the last time he stepped on a football field as a player.
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 am

That human interest puff piece means nothing. The guy played 60 NFL games, most of them as a starter. His body of work is large enough to draw some conclusions. He was a mediocre QB. That will not change.

All of the nice stories about him losing weight, focusing on life, yada yada yada mean nothing when he steps on the field and fails.

The magical thinking some Rider fans are doing concerning this guy, is really pathetic.
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:33 am

Lee called in a favor to be repaid later by another one of his clients :)
Hall of Famer

by oo DAWG oo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:22 am

300Magnum wrote:This is great press for the CFL whether he makes it or not. Can not deny that when this news broke that everyone in the States picked up on it and it was discussed all over.

Actually not news down where I am. I read it on these boards first and dont remember seeing it on media at all here
All-Star

by bobo82 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:27 am

oo DAWG oo wrote:
300Magnum wrote:This is great press for the CFL whether he makes it or not. Can not deny that when this news broke that everyone in the States picked up on it and it was discussed all over.

Actually not news down where I am. I read it on these boards first and dont remember seeing it on media at all here

That's because you are obviously NOT watching the right News channels down there Dawg . You're probably watching all those FAKE NEWS channels that have popped up on TV ever since the Trumpster took office . :)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

PreviousNext