Warren Moon's thoughts on Vince Young signing with Riders.

Re: Warren Moon's thoughts on Vince Young signing with Rider

by bobo82 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:49 pm

greenandwhite wrote:Bobo's a good guy. He's just a little envious of our Riders as his Ticats havent won a Grey Cup this millennium.

:D Aw thanks G&W for those kind words and support . I have to say that you are one of the Saner Rider fans out there and yes you are sadly right......there's been a whole lot of chanting "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR" in Tiger town in fact waaay too much chanting since waaay back in 1999 since we last won that Cup and me thinks that there's a very good chance that we will be chanting that very same tune once again this year :o . 17 years and counting , the longest drought in our team history BUT we still got away's to go to catch up to those Riders when it comes to talking about Cup droughts.

Speaking of droughts , a little history here for everyone . The Riders were formed in 1910 and it"only" took them a mere 56 yrs to win their 1rst Cup . It then took another 23 yrs for them to win their 2nd Cup another 18 yrs to win their 3rd Cup . I have to say though that the last Cup you won in 2013 or rather I should say the one that was bought and paid for :wink: was the one that hurt the most. Cheers G&W :D Is it June yet ?

Taleback wrote:Not to mention that they won all of 7 games last year when their roster was at it's peak. They are in downslide mode now and he knows he has to get in all the shots he can before the season starts, cause his 4-14 squad is going to silence his keyboard come July. :lol:

Peak ??? Our team looked like a M*A*S*H unit last year . I think we had more guys on the IL then we had on the active roster . But that's no excuse for the lousy season we had , all teams get injuries , we just happened to get more than most last season unfortunately . I do have to say though that's now 2 predictions we've heard on the season .
I'm honestly not sure what ones funnier ? T-back calling the Cats for a 4-14 season or "Pom Pom" calling the Riders for 10 - 8 .
My guess is that both team's final records for 2017 will fall somewhere in between those predicted numbers .
Trust me T-Back :) You'll hear from me all season long........I won't be silenced :D By the way T-Back like G&W you are also one of the Saner Rider fans on here as well...... Cheers to ya and good luck to ya this season cause yer going to need it........ :wink:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by Preisst » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 pm

bobo82 wrote: Speaking of droughts , a little history here for everyone . The Riders were formed in 1910 and it"only" took them a mere 56 yrs to win their 1rst Cup . It then took another 23 yrs for them to win their 2nd Cup another 18 yrs to win their 3rd Cup . I have to say though that the last Cup you won in 2013 or rather I should say the one that was bought and paid for :wink: was the one that hurt the most. Cheers G&W :D Is it June yet ?

Do yourself a favour and read up on the history of the CFL. It would probably help you to better understand the realities of the situation you are referencing.

Enjoy......
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by brihind88 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:36 pm

We can all make fun of the Riders lack of GC wins.

However, I will give them this much admiration and respect. :thup:

They hold the record for the most participation in West Finals in a row. :thup:

11 West Finals in a row from 66 - 76.

Even the mighty Esk dynasty does not have that distinction. ( 73 - 82 only 10 in a row ).

Someone might :lol: with only one Cup in 66, but it does not change the fact that it was an amazing record that will never be broken in this and future modern age.

Since we like to bring up franchise history.
All-Star

by BCRiderFan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 pm

Preisst wrote:
bobo82 wrote: Speaking of droughts , a little history here for everyone . The Riders were formed in 1910 and it"only" took them a mere 56 yrs to win their 1rst Cup . It then took another 23 yrs for them to win their 2nd Cup another 18 yrs to win their 3rd Cup . I have to say though that the last Cup you won in 2013 or rather I should say the one that was bought and paid for :wink: was the one that hurt the most. Cheers G&W :D Is it June yet ?

Do yourself a favour and read up on the history of the CFL. It would probably help you to better understand the realities of the situation you are referencing.

Enjoy......

Shouldn't criticize him, the man clearly has some sort of learning disability.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran

by bobo82 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 am

Preisst wrote:

Enjoy......

No need to read up on the history of the CFL my friend . I've probably forgotten more about the history of the league then you know . If it does make you feel any better though I will take off 4 yrs due to no play during W.W. 1 and say it only took your team 52 yrs to win their 1rst Cup. I will give the Riders credit though for winning their last two championships in a 7 year span . It actually should've been 3 Cups in 7 years but unfortunately much like your team (I mean who CAN'T count to 12 ? :wink: ) math obviously isn't one of your stronger subjects (who CAN'T count to 4 ? :wink: ) . As for your last championship in 2013 the reason that it hurt so much was because unfortunately my Cats were the victims that day and in reality had no chance of ever winning that game from the get go . The real reality though is that the win at all cost approach that the Rider organisation took that year is the exact reason that your team has been a total mess ever since and is now in a total rebuild mode whether you want to admit it or not . Here's a little more history for you.....the Riders record their last 45 games played ? 10 - 35 and since that hometown Cup win of "13" ? 18 -37 . :cowboy: And that folks is the reality of the situation !

So let me guess, these banners must be Fake News then ? or maybe you have some Alternative Facts that the rest of us are unaware of ?

All-Star

by bobo82 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:29 am

BCRiderFan wrote:
Shouldn't criticize him, the man clearly has some sort of learning disability.

Wow , pretty ignorant and classless comment to say the least but no surprise really considering the source . You sir are a pathetic excuse for a human being and the type of Rider fan that gives all the other Rider fans a bad name .

All-Star

Previous