Marks CFL week

Re: Marks CFL week

by brihind88 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:This would be a massive FLOP in Toronto, Vancouver.

Ottawa may have worked this year, but if the Redblacks go into the crapper, would it work in Ottawa?

Not sure if it would fly in Calgary , Montreal, Hamilton, or Winnipeg.

Regina, and Edmonton would be the only 2 safe bet's to make sure this event is well attended on a annual basis, IMO

Your thoughts?

It would flop here in Calgary.

Here, it is all about GAME DAY ONLY.

The game, tail g, fan interaction.

This extra promotion event stuff would have little to no interest.

Plus the season is still 4 mo's away. Why so early ?
All-Star

by drummer_god » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:59 am

Because they want to incorporate the event with the combine.
Hall of Famer

by brihind88 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 am

drummer_god wrote:Because they want to incorporate the event with the combine.

OK then. I get that.

Thanks DG.
All-Star

by Grover » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Video stream completely broken. Really too bad that they didn't test their technology before hand. Waste of people's time trying to follow this and missed opportunity. I hope at least they will make the panels available eventually. Always something....
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Argofan_1000 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:58 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:This would be a massive FLOP in Toronto, Vancouver.

Ottawa may have worked this year, but if the Redblacks go into the crapper, would it work in Ottawa?

Not sure if it would fly in Calgary , Montreal, Hamilton, or Winnipeg.

Regina, and Edmonton would be the only 2 safe bet's to make sure this event is well attended on a annual basis, IMO

Your thoughts?

Very Positive Argonaut11!

one day you will be able to live your life and not look over your shoulder wondering what your neighbour is always thinking. You definitely aren't there

I live in TO and would be considered successful by most, but find myself drawn to the Canadian Football League. I love the fact that it is Canadian, exciting and is being built and improved right before our eyes by a lot of dedicated people and rich owners. Ever restore a classic car, or start a business, this is how the CFL feels to me these days. I don't follow anything else here and I can appreciate the event in Regina for what it is and would be thrilled to financially support and attend such an event.
Veteran

by Dust » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 pm

This is probably the most open access that I've seen for CFL star players so far. I went on Tuesday night, Chad Owens and Muamba were signing autographs and chatting it up, Damon Allen strolled by chatting with someone while having a coffee, and Mike Reilly wandered by as well.

Stopped by today after work for an hour and Dressler was chatting it up, Chapdelaine wandered by while I was eating some supper, and then the TSN guys also walked right by with Warren Moon.

Great open setting, lots of availability to get autographs.
All-Star

Previous