Canadian football video game almost ready for launch!

Re: Canadian football video game almost ready for launch!

by HfxTC » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Its a console game. You can't modify anything.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Neely2005 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:48 am

HfxTC wrote:Its a console game. You can't modify anything.

If you read the article they say that there will be a PC version too.
"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
10- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions
4- Saskatchewan Roughriders"

http://www.cfl.ca/2010/12/02/by-the-num ... cup-glory/
All-Star

by Eskimosrock » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:13 pm

You could make each team editable on console... Maybe not the logos i'll admit. But there could defintely be "roster updates" by the public like NCAA with sharing capabilities where the developer (Canuck Productions) or whatever its called, makes all the ratings that represent the players and teams in the league, and then the public edits the names of the players and everyone can download these "roster changes" so that we'll have Reilly, Bowman, Mitchell, Harris, every player in the game.
The Green and Gold is bold.
Veteran

by HfxTC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Eskimosrock wrote:

You could make each team editable on console... Maybe not the logos i'll admit. But there could defintely be "roster updates" by the public like NCAA with sharing capabilities where the developer (Canuck Productions) or whatever its called, makes all the ratings that represent the players and teams in the league, and then the public edits the names of the players and everyone can download these "roster changes" so that we'll have Reilly, Bowman, Mitchell, Harris, every player in the game.

I suspect he will allow the players to change team names , player name and numbers open. There will be no logo and I doubt that Microsoft or Playstation would allow upload of any trademarks on their network.

What will be key to this game getting some success will be online match making and fun factor. Madden has become a pretty complex button mashing affair. If he offers a simpler user interface he might get some traction.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Eskimosrock » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:47 pm

HfxTC wrote:
Eskimosrock wrote:

I suspect he will allow the players to change team names , player name and numbers open. There will be no logo and I doubt that Microsoft or Playstation would allow upload of any trademarks on their network.

What will be key to this game getting some success will be online match making and fun factor. Madden has become a pretty complex button mashing affair. If he offers a simpler user interface he might get some traction.

I could care less about online play. Madden's online has some lag, so the ability for this game to run seamlessly online is a long shot in my opinion. I just hope there is a Franchise Mode, that's all I care about with drafting, FA's etc. Doesn't have to be like Madden's franchise mode, but the basics need to be down and let it run for 20 seasons or something.
Veteran

by HfxTC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 pm

You are a minority if you like to play against the computer.

I doubt there will be a career mode since there isn't even a season mode.
Hall of Famer

by 300Magnum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:15 pm

This is going to be a flop before its released.

I would probably purchase it just to support it, same thing I did 30 years ago the last time a CFL video game came out.
Starter

by HfxTC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:56 pm

I think the model for a CFL game is an online Coach/Manager football game on the free to play model, with online leagues. This will appeal to young and old alike. Teach the intricacies of the game to new people especially in the American Market. Can still have slick graphics but instead of button mashing you run your playbooks from the sideline.

They can make their money by selling thngs like Celebrity playbooks. Who would not buy a high end stadium, Hi Res package or playbook designed by Jason Maass or Dave Dick or Trestman.

To go head to head against EA is doomed to failure.
Hall of Famer

by Eskimosrock » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:01 am

HfxTC wrote:You are a minority if you like to play against the computer.

I doubt there will be a career mode since there isn't even a season mode.

I must be a very large minority then... Everyone I know has Madden to play franchise mode while enjoying playing head to head.

I'm just saying if I had to choose between the two, Franchise Mode would be way better than playing some buggy online play...
Veteran

by Argofan_1000 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:39 am

I thought that they could add a sidebar to these games and call it "You make the call" just as they did in Regina. If you didn't want to play a full game you choose this option. It would be a fun way to spend 10 minutes

I am not a gamer but could you tie in on line gaming with betting and play "on line" with teams that will play on the weekend? That seems like a natural tie in with points spread and the current CFL partners. It would be a CFL version of "Poker Stars" except you play a CFL game instead of cards
Veteran

by argofan90 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:23 am

What go with video, when you have have this
Attachments
1973-COleco-copy.jpg
Rookie

by Argofan_1000 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:21 pm

A S ticket.jpg
A S ticket.jpg (12.64 KiB) Viewed 1014 times

A S.jpg
A S.jpg (8.15 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

need to include a tenth team if we want to support expansion. Who knows with this World Cup coming
Veteran

by Vanhalendlrband2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:58 am

HfxTC wrote:
Vanhalendlrband2 wrote:Its not maximum football at all. And I love Maximum football so I hope it is, if I can play an updated one I won't complain at all. CFL wont do anything to make one this guy does it hes dope. Good on him! Microsoft is covering a lot of the costs so it will be much more refined, wait and see.

Showing support will guarantee a better game in the future anyways

I wish him well. Winters worked his arz off on Maximum Football but it was the second most buggy game I've ever played. In arcade mode despite attemps to play on at least 12 different hardware configs. I've never been able to play an entire game without a blue screen or game freezing.

I can certainly see why the CFL would take a wait and see approach.

Interesting on my computer I've played like 50 games no problem.

I'm in season 3 in my franchise mode. I won't say it's not buggy but I can certainly finish games on a regular basis and are quite enjoyable.

I actually spent several weeks, and if you like I have a really crappy CFL roster but has most of the players from 2015. I recommend playing only on windows 7 or earlier or it won't work I don't think. I dual booted my PC with Windows 7 only for this game lol.

I play this game with my PS3 controller as well and I made sure to add Jonathan Jennings.

I also added all the CFL jerseys and logos.

Somebody also made the CFL stadiums and I added those as well.

Its literally like playing a full out CFL licensed game, pretty bad ass fan customizations out there for this game. Game plays great I should do some screen captures. Not sure why your hardware isn't able to run it but mine has no issues.
Rookie

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:58 am

argofan90 wrote:What go with video, when you have have this

The good old days. Look how full the stadium is. :)
All-Star

by brihind88 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:
argofan90 wrote:What go with video, when you have have this

The good old days. Look how full the stadium is. :)

I had that game when I was a kid.

The only thing that was good about it was the team logos were on the side of the stadium.

Other than that it was junk.

The magnet pass from the QB, would just fall to the " turf ".

I had to place the ball on a player and pretend it was complete.

No TD's were ever scored. Players would just vibrate .

Biggest rip off ever.
All-Star

PreviousNext