Matter of time for the "Kaperkneeler" is in the CFL

Re: Matter of time for the "Kaperkneeler" is in the CFL

by slimjim2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:36 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:
BigJoeM wrote:But they may get a nasty tweet if they do .

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/03/21/don ... k-at-rally

Why would you want anyone to know that you read that Sun media drivel? I would guess it's because you're shameless.

Have some standards for goodness sake.

The Sun, Ottawa Citizen, National Post all the same owner and they share the same stories.
Except the Sun has much better CFL coverage, I guess I'm shameless and no standard.
All-Star

by pikk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:
BigJoeM wrote:But they may get a nasty tweet if they do .

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/03/21/don ... k-at-rally

Why would you want anyone to know that you read that Sun media drivel? I would guess it's because you're shameless.

Have some standards for goodness sake.
I read it for the ''other side'' of the story. And in a lot of cases it is the right side , and of course great CFL coverage.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:21 am

I covered this matter on both fronts, both in a player analysis and of the media spectacle, in the other Kaepernick thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103394

In my conclusion for the reasons cited, I wrote the following on the player analysis:

About three years ago here I did a post on NFL QBs who I thought had the game for a CFL offence so as to shed better light on all the dubious claims, often from my fellow Americans, that any given NFL QB could play in the CFL. The answer more often than not in my opinion was no.

Those QBs without consistent passing accuracy of 60% in the NFL (or in NCAA college football for that matter!) are not going to make it with one less down in the CFL out of the shotgun even with the defensive line one yard off the ball plus the wider field. And those who are merely drop-back passers would not make it necessarily if they can't throw well on the run or do not have good mobility, for those guys can't get away with just chucking the ball away as much like they do often to avoid sacks in the NFL given one down. Some of the latter are fine starting NFL QBs mind you.

Kaepernick was one of the names on which I was 50/50 back then though now I would be pessimistic. His core problem is throwing accuracy, but when in the past he was able to throw also on the run he was deadly and no doubt he does still possess a very strong arm and is still fast.

Might Kaepernick thrive in a more open offense on a wider field that rewards quarterback mobility to run and to throw more than does the NFL on its narrower field?

It's a long shot, but we shall see if some team takes a chance on Kaepernick.

And with the Ti-Cats here we are now.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:23 am

The Last Word wrote:Colin will exhaust all options in the NFL (even as the #1 backup which based on my research of team payrolls would pay over $1 million) before considering the CFL. He might even wait until 2018 just to be sure as a backup position in the NFL will pay far more than a starting position (not guaranteed for him by any stretch of the imagination) in the CFL with a low base wage.

That's absolutely correct. I'd note also that most NFL backups could not and do not cut it in the CFL.
All-Star

Previous