2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades!!

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by papazoola » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Bayargonaut00 wrote:
papazoola wrote:.....Capitol ...


Image




.....of course it's capital....unless you are talking about Washington D.C.....which for some reason I have on the brain watching all of this Trump stuff..But yes Ottawa is definitely the capital of Canada :wink: :lol: ....Luv the moose :thup:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what's NOT being said....AnonymousImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 12242
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:04 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by pikk » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:33 am

brihind88 wrote:
Mr. Pike wrote:After last years Gong Show I hope the tickets are all gone by the time the season starts .


There will be no problem selling out the stadium at regular GC pricing.

Even if the Redblacks are not in it.

Ottawa fans will still enjoy a thrilling game.

BTW

2017 Grey Cup

TI-CATS - 32
BC LIONS - 24

You really think BC can score that much.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:34 am
Location: In a van down by the (ottawa) river.

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by brihind88 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:21 am

pikk wrote:
brihind88 wrote:
Mr. Pike wrote:After last years Gong Show I hope the tickets are all gone by the time the season starts .


There will be no problem selling out the stadium at regular GC pricing.

Even if the Redblacks are not in it.

Ottawa fans will still enjoy a thrilling game.

BTW

2017 Grey Cup

TI-CATS - 32
BC LIONS - 24

You really think BC can score that much.


Good o-line and deep solid receiving.
Lions out of the West and Cats have the best secondary in the East.
Also Cats have the second best receiving group in the CFL.

For real, it is way to early for predictions, but if it happens you heard it here first.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by The Last Word » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:45 pm

I'm sure they will sell all the seats to the Grey Cup by the time the regular season rolls around in late June.

As for capacity, 34,000 is the most they can seat at that site given the available space. Ticats will only be able to fit a similar amount as well when they eventually bid.
Starter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by Gornaldatron » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:08 pm

The Last Word wrote:I'm sure they will sell all the seats to the Grey Cup by the time the regular season rolls around in late June.

As for capacity, 34,000 is the most they can seat at that site given the available space. Ticats will only be able to fit a similar amount as well when they eventually bid.


Where did they say that was the most seating they could have? The 2004 Grey Cup had an attendance of 51,242. I realize there was a lot of change to Lansdowne Park, but I didn't think it was that much.
Image
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:33 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by pikk » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:33 pm

They got the outdoor game 3 weeks before the grey cup, so they can just leave the extra seats up till after.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:34 am
Location: In a van down by the (ottawa) river.

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by Preisst » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:42 pm

pikk wrote:They got the outdoor game 3 weeks before the grey cup, so they can just leave the extra seats up till after.


The outdoor game is after the Grey Cup but good point......as much as we complain about the price of Grey Cup tickets they are approximately the same as one NHL regular season game though I suspect the NHL will gouge the lemmings extra for the outdoor game.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by slimjim2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:00 am

Preisst wrote:
pikk wrote:They got the outdoor game 3 weeks before the grey cup, so they can just leave the extra seats up till after.


The outdoor game is after the Grey Cup but good point......as much as we complain about the price of Grey Cup tickets they are approximately the same as one NHL regular season game though I suspect the NHL will gouge the lemmings extra for the outdoor game.


Most people in the stadium will hardly see the ice surface never mind the puck. If you look at the picture that was in the Ottawa Sun, the rink will be located between the 30 yard lines. If you are in the temp end zone seats you are going to be at least 50 yards behind the end of the rink!!
I suppose it's about the "experience" and not about watching a hockey game.

Maybe the CFL should think about doing something similar, play a football game in a hockey rink.................... :?
All-Star
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by brianjoxx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:04 am

unnamed.jpg


Didn;t know Ottawa was the capital????????? Always thought it was Capital over spending city
Starter
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:39 am
Location: vernon,bc

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by Vanhalendlrband2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:24 pm

They must add seats. I just cant see them not its too hot of a market for CFL right now. They're the defending champs, they can easily put 50,000 in temp stands and they should.
Rookie
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by slimjim2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 am

Vanhalendlrband2 wrote:They must add seats. I just cant see them not its too hot of a market for CFL right now. They're the defending champs, they can easily put 50,000 in temp stands and they should.


No not easily - there is no room for any more temp stands. There will be 10k temp stands at the east end zone and no room for temp stands at the west end.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by Mr. Pike » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
Vanhalendlrband2 wrote:They must add seats. I just cant see them not its too hot of a market for CFL right now. They're the defending champs, they can easily put 50,000 in temp stands and they should.


No not easily - there is no room for any more temp stands. There will be 10k temp stands at the east end zone and no room for temp stands at the west end.


Sure looks to me that they are going to have endzone stands at both ends . :roll: at least , that is what the drawing shows in the attachment below.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2017/03/ ... ebrations/
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by The Last Word » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Mr. Pike wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:
Vanhalendlrband2 wrote:They must add seats. I just cant see them not its too hot of a market for CFL right now. They're the defending champs, they can easily put 50,000 in temp stands and they should.


No not easily - there is no room for any more temp stands. There will be 10k temp stands at the east end zone and no room for temp stands at the west end.


Sure looks to me that they are going to have endzone stands at both ends . :roll: at least , that is what the drawing shows in the attachment below.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2017/03/ ... ebrations/


Regardless of whether there are stands on both sides or one side, the site will only allow for 10,000 or so temporary seats. Just take a look at a satellite image of the stadium to see how tight the area is.
Starter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by slimjim2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:36 pm

Mr. Pike wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:
Vanhalendlrband2 wrote:They must add seats. I just cant see them not its too hot of a market for CFL right now. They're the defending champs, they can easily put 50,000 in temp stands and they should.


No not easily - there is no room for any more temp stands. There will be 10k temp stands at the east end zone and no room for temp stands at the west end.


Sure looks to me that they are going to have endzone stands at both ends . :roll: at least , that is what the drawing shows in the attachment below.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2017/03/ ... ebrations/



But not the large 10k stands that were there in 2004. The west temp stands won't be any higher than the berm or the existing patio, probably 2k at the most and 8k at the other end. No way they could get more than 10k additional seats in there.

The great thing about the Grey Cup in Ottawa is that everything will be there at TD Place, there are enough restaurants/bars plus the Aberdeen Pavilion, Cattle castle for events like Riderville etc. Events won't be spread out all over the city.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by slimjim2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 am

Mosaic a major sponsor of the Ottawa 2017 Grey Cup. Just hope they don't take over as the major sponsor of the RBs and the stadium is renamed Mosaic Stadium... :(
Image
All-Star
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests