2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades!!

Re: 2017 the Hottest Grey Cup Ticket in Years, maybe Decades

by rcon » Tue May 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Gornaldatron wrote:It will be interesting to see when those temporary seats are ready for use. The Redblacks are seeing a huge surge in season ticket sales thanks to being defending Grey Cup champs and hosting the game this year (similar to Calgary in 2009 when they set attendance records). The cfl.ca article said that the temporary stands would only be erected in late September, meaning that it would probably only be in place for their final regular season home game on Friday Oct 27 since hte home game previous to that is September 29.

I'm hoping they do it a bit more incrementally, such as adding the west side seating earlier if only to capitalize on the popularity and sell more seating. As another poster mentioned, since the cost of installing the seating is quite high, adding it early and selling regular season tickets out of them would be more cost-effective.

From what I remember seeing somewhere awhile back, they are supposed to add 2000 seat on the east endzone "hill" at the beginning of the regular bringing up capacity to 27,000 with standing room. Then the rest will be added in September.
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:54 am

rcon wrote:
Gornaldatron wrote:It will be interesting to see when those temporary seats are ready for use. The Redblacks are seeing a huge surge in season ticket sales thanks to being defending Grey Cup champs and hosting the game this year (similar to Calgary in 2009 when they set attendance records). The cfl.ca article said that the temporary stands would only be erected in late September, meaning that it would probably only be in place for their final regular season home game on Friday Oct 27 since hte home game previous to that is September 29.

I'm hoping they do it a bit more incrementally, such as adding the west side seating earlier if only to capitalize on the popularity and sell more seating. As another poster mentioned, since the cost of installing the seating is quite high, adding it early and selling regular season tickets out of them would be more cost-effective.

From what I remember seeing somewhere awhile back, they are supposed to add 2000 seat on the east endzone "hill" at the beginning of the regular bringing up capacity to 27,000 with standing room. Then the rest will be added in September.

It's likely that the temp stands will be in place for the final regular season game and the East final.
All-Star

by Grover » Wed May 17, 2017 6:46 am

slimjim2 wrote:
rcon wrote:

It's likely that the temp stands will be in place for the final regular season game and the East final.

The East Final will be in Hamilton! :wink:
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Grover wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:

The East Final will be in Hamilton! :wink:

LOL - I was wondering how long it would take for someone to jump all over that
All-Star

by brianjoxx » Sat May 27, 2017 9:08 am

Nice if they could get a 64,000 in for grey cup games. Would that be sold out today.

29,000 for grey cup game!!!!!!!!!!!! ouch. 35,000 Small?????????? 40,000 Minimum.
Starter

by slimjim2 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:44 am

brianjoxx wrote:Nice if they could get a 64,000 in for grey cup games. Would that be sold out today.

29,000 for grey cup game!!!!!!!!!!!! ouch. 35,000 Small?????????? 40,000 Minimum.

Only Montreal could get 64,000 into a stadium, they did that for the MLS playoff game last year.

With the new stadium in Ottawa they only have room for 10k temporary seats, no room for anymore
All-Star

by brianjoxx » Sat May 27, 2017 2:06 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
brianjoxx wrote:Nice if they could get a 64,000 in for grey cup games. Would that be sold out today.

Only Montreal could get 64,000 into a stadium, they did that for the MLS playoff game last year.

With the new stadium in Ottawa they only have room for 10k temporary seats, no room for anymore

Forgot about Edmonton 60,000 or more if need be, Some how some way Sask would jamb in 48,000, BC can do 54,000, Toronto could place 50,000 in sky dome, and I"M sure Hamilton
could squeeze in 44,000. Montreal 64,000. Winnipeg would get 48,000. All depends on scenario.
So 27,000 is a big deal???? Or hottest ticket. 40,000 should be minimum.
Starter

by slimjim2 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:17 pm

brianjoxx wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:

Forgot about Edmonton 60,000 or more if need be, Some how some way Sask would jamb in 48,000, BC can do 54,000, Toronto could place 50,000 in sky dome, and I"M sure Hamilton
could squeeze in 44,000. Montreal 64,000. Winnipeg would get 48,000. All depends on scenario.
So 27,000 is a big deal???? Or hottest ticket. 40,000 should be minimum.

But Montreal can not host a Grey Cup game because of the roof. Toronto can never host a Grey Cup at the Rogers Centre, it's configured for baseball and the Jays wouldn't allow football on their turf, besides they just hosted a Grey Cup in Toronto and they had trouble trying to sell 34,000 tickets.
Hamilton and Ottawa are both maxed out at 34k, no room for more seats.
So yes 29,000 sold 6 months before the Grey Cup is a big deal.
All-Star

by brianjoxx » Sat May 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Not going to even respond to crap. You never know. Montreal could and so could TO.
Edmonton, Vancouver, Sask, Winnipeg can. Never count out Hamilton. Calgary 45,000
So anything could and will happen. 27,000 not bad for a team that collapsed 3 times.
But sad and small time. That will make national head lines for CFL around the world. So the rich can go.??? So Ottawa go for 40,000. Go
Starter

by slimjim2 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:17 am

brianjoxx wrote:Not going to even respond to crap. You never know. Montreal could and so could TO.
Edmonton, Vancouver, Sask, Winnipeg can. Never count out Hamilton. Calgary 45,000
So anything could and will happen. 27,000 not bad for a team that collapsed 3 times.
But sad and small time. That will make national head lines for CFL around the world. So the rich can go.??? So Ottawa go for 40,000. Go

What's with the juvenile talk?
Why "crap" ? - have you paid attention or read about the problems in Montreal with the Olympic stadium.
They can NOT hold a Grey Cup game there in November because of the unsafe roof. There are no plans to fix the roof.
Toronto just held a Grey Cup in a much smaller stadium and couldn't sell 35,000 tickets.
There is no way they are going back to the Rogers Centre, the Jays owners would't let them come back anyway.
All-Star

by brianjoxx » Sun May 28, 2017 12:22 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
brianjoxx wrote:Not going to even respond to crap. You never know. Montreal could and so could TO.

What's with the juvenile talk?
Why "crap" ? - have you paid attention or read about the problems in Montreal with the Olympic stadium.
They can NOT hold a Grey Cup game there in November because of the unsafe roof. There are no plans to fix the roof.
Toronto just held a Grey Cup in a much smaller stadium and couldn't sell 35,000 tickets.
There is no way they are going back to the Rogers Centre, the Jays owners would't let them come back anyway.

I pay attention to every piece of CFL news or information that appears for the last 60 years.
But what i real know is that "you never know what might happen in the future". New aggressive commissioner?? GERY CUP must and will continue to be a BIG EVENT.
Played in warmer weather and before big crowds making it a major TV event across America. Minimum 40,000 need, 27,000 is well crappy for the league and people who can"t
afford $200 tickets.
Starter

by RBFan2014 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:05 pm

brianjoxx wrote:

I pay attention to every piece of CFL news or information that appears for the last 60 years.
But what i real know is that "you never know what might happen in the future". New aggressive commissioner?? GERY CUP must and will continue to be a BIG EVENT.
Played in warmer weather and before big crowds making it a major TV event across America. Minimum 40,000 need, 27,000 is well crappy for the league and people who can"t
afford $200 tickets.

Where are you even getting 27k, Ottawa is planning for around 35k total. This is about the same as Toronto last year and have already doubled the reported total ticket sales in November of last year. You have zero credibility when you throw out bogus numbers. Again the fact is Toronto had a similar capacity for last year's Grey Cup and had trouble giving tickets away. I personally don't think it's a big deal they are close to selling out and (if they had the space) could have probably sold another 5-10k tickets. At least they won't be giving tickets away with a large pizza this year!
Rookie

by brihind88 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:48 pm

I am siding with SJ2 and RBF on this.

CFL is limited in options as for Grey Cups now.

Skydome is out for good. It has been declared Baseball only from now on.
Rogers , BJ's and stadium management were thrilled when they left.

" CFL and Argos, please do not let the door hit you ass on the way out . So glad we do not have to deal with them anymore " So to speak.

They had to slash prices to get little BMO filled.
Big Oly is out until they decide to pay the millions it will take to upgrade the roof.
THF is never even mentioned.
Many on this site suggest Calgary not be allowed to host because they do not like McMahon :roll: :roll: :roll:

The only way BC will get 54,000 is if the Lions are in it. 2014 was no where near a sell out, even giving away $50 tickets.

There are only 2 large stadiums in Canada. Edmonton and Vancouver.
There is nothing wrong with small stadium with temp seats or medium stadium 35 - 40,000 .

I always have and will continue to call it what it is.
A GAME TO DETERMINE THE CFL CHAMPION.
It does not need to be a bigger event than it already is.
All-Star

by BCRiderFan » Sun May 28, 2017 7:24 pm

brihind88 wrote:I am siding with SJ2 and RBF on this.

" CFL and Argos, please do not let the door hit you ass on the way out . So glad we do not have to deal with them anymore " So to speak.

Big Oly is out until they decide to pay the millions it will take to upgrade the roof.
Many on this site suggest Calgary not be allowed to host because they do not like McMahon :roll: :roll: :roll:

The only way BC will get 54,000 is if the Lions are in it. 2014 was no where near a sell out, even giving away $50 tickets.

There is nothing wrong with small stadium with temp seats or medium stadium 35 - 40,000 .

My opinion is the seating for Grey Cup should be at least 40,000 for the league's marquee event. Less than that makes it look too small-time and opens the league for criticism. Those smaller stadiums out east need to figure out how to increase their capacity to something less embarrasing to the CFL. Regina was able to have over 54,000 in 1995, surely Hamilton and Ottawa can find a way to get 40,000
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran

by brianjoxx » Sun May 28, 2017 9:04 pm

BCRiderFan wrote:
brihind88 wrote:I am siding with SJ2 and RBF on this.

My opinion is the seating for Grey Cup should be at least 40,000 for the league's marquee event. Less than that makes it look too small-time and opens the league for criticism. Those smaller stadiums out east need to figure out how to increase their capacity to something less embarrasing to the CFL. Regina was able to have over 54,000 in 1995, surely Hamilton and Ottawa can find a way to get 40,000

Well said. Exactly. This is a big event. Look at the first 5 postings. If Ottawa gets 40,000
Great for them.

I never mention seat sales in Ottawa. Point is someone mentioned 27,000-29,000
is the deal for decades. Well its not. Need a strong league head.
Lets be positive. Again. any thing can happen. I went to 8 grey cups but reasonable priced.
Get me a good very good seat in Ottawa for $150 and I'll be there.
Starter

PreviousNext