Colin Kaepernick

Re: Colin Kaepernick

by HfxTC » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 am

Taleback wrote:Is that the same Samantha Bee that was born and raised in Toronto, took all her education in Ontario and has probably never set foot in Saskatchewan? Just wondering. At least you somewhat validated Cheater and Jamies' posts from a couple lines up.

She claims she's from Saskatchewan. Maybe its a joke. Either way glad the garbage is over there.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Paolo X » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:53 pm

rpaege wrote:I saw what he did for the 9ers. I'm not convinced he could help a CFL team.

Rpaege or anyone else around who saw Kaepernick play in person, any more feedback as to why or why not?

I posted my take in March as noted on the next page.
All-Star

by Eskimosrock » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Eskimos fan first and 49ers fan as a distant second. Kaepernick apart from his political garbage, is a terrible passer. He CANNOT hit a deep to intermediate route to save his life and sideline short fades or even 12-15 yard hooks flew 5 feet above a receivers head on much more than 1 occasion.

He'd never start in the CFL and if he did that team would tank.

Also, if he disrespected our anthem and flag, he'd be out of this league faster than he can say "white privilege" or utter an endorsement for the domestic terrorist group known as "Black Lives Matter", but he won't be afforded that opportunity to screw up because he's a terrible QB. Btw, he was raised by 2 upper class white parents, so he's a moron.
The Green and Gold is bold.
Veteran

by jamie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:42 am

he's a moron because he was raised by upper class white parents and is black?
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:01 am

We really don't need to inject American politics into this league. Thank God Braley is a Conservative.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by RedandWhite » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:38 pm

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by brianjoxx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Eskimosrock wrote:Eskimos fan first and 49ers fan as a distant second. Kaepernick apart from his political garbage, is a terrible passer. He CANNOT hit a deep to intermediate route to save his life and sideline short fades or even 12-15 yard hooks flew 5 feet above a receivers head on much more than 1 occasion.

He'd never start in the CFL and if he did that team would tank.

Also, if he disrespected our anthem and flag, he'd be out of this league faster than he can say "white privilege" or utter an endorsement for the domestic terrorist group known as "Black Lives Matter", but he won't be afforded that opportunity to screw up because he's a terrible QB. Btw, he was raised by 2 upper class white parents, so he's a moron.

Now that is very well said. Thanks
Starter

by Paolo X » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:39 am

RedandWhite wrote:...RG3 is still available...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720 ... =editorial

Well that article is an example of there are statistics, damn statistics, and lies or something like that. The author sure is stretching the comparison and his conclusions by looking at only the trees and not the forest.

The fact of the matter is that RGIII has been anything but himself as we know him since his rookie season in 2012 during which he was injured late in the season and again in a playoff loss to the Seahawks.

Then the NFL changed the rule on read-option plays such that the QB was no longer protected before he handed off the ball like before and could be treated as a runner when in such a position whether he passed or ran on said play. That is a different ruling than say on a play-action pass with the quarterback dropping back in the pocket as is more common.

Offensive coordinators in the NFL took note in 2013, and wanting to keep their jobs by not getting their QBs clobbered, QBs like RGIII, Kaepernick, Tim Tebow (already on his way by then to becoming a top NFL footnote of sorts), and any other QB operating out of such a set (i.e. Russell Wilson, but he adapted unlike most) faced a different future.

Nowadays guess what, but for in some goal line situations and occasionally with an alternate QB or running back, you don't see nearly as much such plays and hardly ever also the similar wildcat/single or double wing set.

RGIII has the core skills no doubt, and apparently is healthy enough again to play at the pro level, but now the question remains can he adapt to a different way of playing QB? He has yet to show that, but then again in the Big 12 at Baylor he was able to air it out often as well.

I figure RGIII is done in the NFL though wonder if some team will want him just as a backup or for goal line situations should their regular guys be injured later in the season.

I'd be interested to see RGIII have a run at the CFL, for I think the more open game suits his abilities better and that he is a more accurate passer than is Kaepernick. I think RGIII should have a fair shot to replace the likes of current starters such as the visibly ageing Glenn and Durant (elongated and odd throwing motion at that) and the unreliable Nichols and Collaros.

Given the extra space, if however RGIII or most any prospect thinks he's going to be able to dash around in the CFL, much like his time at Baylor and in his 2012 rookie season in the NFL, I figure he'll have a short future also there though.
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:45 am

Paolo X wrote:I'd be interested to see RGIII have a run at the CFL, for I think the more open game suits his abilities better and that he is a more accurate passer than is Kaepernick. I think RGIII should have a fair shot to replace the likes of current starters such as the visibly ageing Glenn and Durant (elongated and odd throwing motion at that) and the unreliable Nichols and Collaros.

...i was thinking the same thing...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

Previous