SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by jamie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:05 pm

:D
Well VY is black, 6 inches taller, 50 llbs heavier and 10 years older than Manziel
I suppose Dunk could have confused them. Or Jones perhaps.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by cheater » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Easy man . Just asking. Besides it wasn't Dunk that saw him.
Rookie
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by HfxTC » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:51 pm

How stupid can a coach be to threaten to sue a reporter... How's that supposed to go down ? :D

Almost as bad as a QB suing a mascot :lol:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34783
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by sambo42 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:26 pm

OK... so a reporter prints a story about Jones "tampering"... yet will not reveal his source... no video or any other kind of evidence to back the claim, just a second or likely third hand story... by the time it got to the reporter's ears, it could have been different than the first version... so if the league issued fines on that basis, that is what should be challenged in court...
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 11283
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:30 am

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:29 pm

HfxTC wrote:How stupid can a coach be to threaten to sue a reporter... How's that supposed to go down ? :D

Almost as bad as a QB suing a mascot :lol:


He never threatened him....he mentioned to a reporter that the club was discussing it and I can assure you that any team would discuss it under such circumstances. It is a pretty massive claim and you would be stupid to not discuss the option. In a non sports environment, something like this would be followed by legal action.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by Grover » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Wow, it has hit the Washington post!

"The CFL is ready for Johnny Manziel. One team even was fined for tampering." :wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... b6ce57bc6c
Image
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7772
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 am

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by BCRiderFan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:48 pm

HfxTC wrote:How stupid can a coach be to threaten to sue a reporter... How's that supposed to go down ? :D

Almost as bad as a QB suing a mascot :lol:



Your hyperbole is the only thing stupid in this thread
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:22 pm
Location: Burnaby, B.C.

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by bobo82 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Okay , one question here that I don't believe that has been brought up yet , and that is simply , how in the Hell does Chris Jones even become aware of the fact that Manziel even has a publicist in the first place ? Let alone know how to contact this said publicist in the first place if someone doesn't give him a phone number or some sort of information on how he can meet him/her for some sort of a meeting or get together.

Another question one has to ask is simply , why would Jones feel a need to talk to this person in the first place if not for the sole purpose of finding out information about his client one Johnny Manziel . I mean maybe Jones knowing this unnamed publicist is just an amazing coincidence , maybe they were just old buddies from high school ? Maybe they were talking about another Johnny ? It's a popular name after all , easy mistake.....right ? Totally innocent and unrelated misunderstanding of course.....right ? I mean it happens all the time....right ? :roll:

Sorry but I'm not buying it , not for a second , nope . Jones knew exactly what he was doing and knew it was wrong right from the get go but in typical Chris Jones "the Hell with the rules" fashion went ahead and did it anyways . I mean what other possible reason would there be to talk to someone who just happens to have Manziel as one of his clients in the first place ?
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by Grover » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:06 pm

bobo82 wrote:Okay , one question here that I don't believe that has been brought up yet , and that is simply , how in the Hell does Chris Jones even become aware of the fact that Manziel even has a publicist in the first place ? Let alone know how to contact this said publicist in the first place if someone doesn't give him a phone number or some sort of information on how he can meet him/her for some sort of a meeting or get together.

Another question one has to ask is simply , why would Jones feel a need to talk to this person in the first place if not for the sole purpose of finding out information about his client one Johnny Manziel . I mean maybe Jones knowing this unnamed publicist is just an amazing coincidence , maybe they were just old buddies from high school ? Maybe they were talking about another Johnny ? It's a popular name after all , easy mistake.....right ? Totally innocent and unrelated misunderstanding of course.....right ? I mean it happens all the time....right ? :roll:

Sorry but I'm not buying it , not for a second , nope . Jones knew exactly what he was doing and knew it was wrong right from the get go but in typical Chris Jones "the Hell with the rules" fashion went ahead and did it anyways . I mean what other possible reason would there be to talk to someone who just happens to have Manziel as one of his clients in the first place ?


Bobo, His publicist is a Women

Image

Denise C Michaels
@denisecmichaels
Communications and reputation management specialist working to position and protect clients in sports and business.
Image
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7772
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 am

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by Preisst » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 pm

sambo42 wrote:Depop... I wouldn't worry about Hfx writes, he is just another Rider hater... always has been and always will be... only someone like him would take innuendo and heresay for fact... I guess he is a sucker for "alternative facts"...


I noticed that particular poster had zero credibility quite a while ago. Bluster and blather is exciting for someone on the same band wagon but for us others it means nothing.....
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by jamie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:46 pm

He has ideas but his consistency is lacking.
He loves reporters when they go after any team but the Als. Hates them if target the Als.
Just have to accept it.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by HfxTC » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:27 pm

Preisst wrote:
sambo42 wrote:Depop... I wouldn't worry about Hfx writes, he is just another Rider hater... always has been and always will be... only someone like him would take innuendo and heresay for fact... I guess he is a sucker for "alternative facts"...


I noticed that particular poster had zero credibility quite a while ago. Bluster and blather is exciting for someone on the same band wagon but for us others it means nothing.....


You mean the cult members: The true Rider fans. Well at least there are fewer and fewer of you :lol:

Mike Stackhouse
I think if you look at the full body of work, so far, Jones has been an epic failure. When you add the fines to the fact he dumped players like Chick, Durant, and Dressler without finding upgrade replacements for any of them; it's tough to see what good he's actually done. Factor in the players he's brought to Saskatchewan that have had legal trouble and there really is nothing that can be bragged about. Maybe he turns it around. Maybe this team wins a Grey Cup this year; but the returns so far have been, strikingly, bad and embarrassing to go with it.



Lindsay Morhart · Vice-principal at Holy Trinity Catholic School Division
Jones knows exactly what he is doing...so for Reynolds to say there is a learning curve for him is ridiculous. He knows the rules and he is flat out breaking them and hoping he doesn't get caught.



Anna
The president himself is the issue. He hired this unscrupulous pompous dufus. The board needs to fire this unqualified accountant, and hire someone who will put Jones on the street, send Vince young back home apologize to the league and the public, and spend the year rebuilding by playing nothing but young quarterbacks and hoping we find something that will do half of what Durant was capable of.This expensive gong style reality show needs to stop before we blow another season of his ego, and antics. This is not about Chris Jones but as long as he is around that is all that it is about.


Peter Brinda · Works at Ranch Ehrlo Society
I think Jones is an average coach at best and not only are we paying him a ton of money but we're paying a bunch of money for his mistakes.



Brad Morpurgo
Watch Chris Jones will leave the Riders once his contract is up and then get hired somewhere as a coach only and that team will be awesome, I am ready for the Chris Jones era in Riderville to be over, can't wait until his contract is up



Brent Moore Well it's kinda amazing but my opinion on Jones has completely and when I say completely I mean 100% completely changed. I remember the feeling of anticipation and excitement when it was announced that Jones was to be the new head coach for the Eskimos and in all honesty my feelings were extremely positive towards him during his tenure in Edmonton. His sudden and slightly shady departure from our franchise actually stung me personally. In light of recent events in Saskatchewan I can't help but feel a great deal of relief that he is no longer a part of our organization! Further more feel that he is an embarrassment not only to the Saskatchewan rough riders but the CFL as a whole. His obvious lack of scruples reflects badly on everyone around him!
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34783
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by BCRiderFan » Mon May 01, 2017 4:08 am

HfxTC wrote:
Preisst wrote:
sambo42 wrote:Depop... I wouldn't worry about Hfx writes, he is just another Rider hater... always has been and always will be... only someone like him would take innuendo and heresay for fact... I guess he is a sucker for "alternative facts"...


I noticed that particular poster had zero credibility quite a while ago. Bluster and blather is exciting for someone on the same band wagon but for us others it means nothing.....


You mean the cult members: The true Rider fans. Well at least there are fewer and fewer of you :lol:

Mike Stackhouse
I think if you look at the full body of work, so far, Jones has been an epic failure. When you add the fines to the fact he dumped players like Chick, Durant, and Dressler without finding upgrade replacements for any of them; it's tough to see what good he's actually done. Factor in the players he's brought to Saskatchewan that have had legal trouble and there really is nothing that can be bragged about. Maybe he turns it around. Maybe this team wins a Grey Cup this year; but the returns so far have been, strikingly, bad and embarrassing to go with it.



Lindsay Morhart · Vice-principal at Holy Trinity Catholic School Division
Jones knows exactly what he is doing...so for Reynolds to say there is a learning curve for him is ridiculous. He knows the rules and he is flat out breaking them and hoping he doesn't get caught.



Anna
The president himself is the issue. He hired this unscrupulous pompous dufus. The board needs to fire this unqualified accountant, and hire someone who will put Jones on the street, send Vince young back home apologize to the league and the public, and spend the year rebuilding by playing nothing but young quarterbacks and hoping we find something that will do half of what Durant was capable of.This expensive gong style reality show needs to stop before we blow another season of his ego, and antics. This is not about Chris Jones but as long as he is around that is all that it is about.


Peter Brinda · Works at Ranch Ehrlo Society
I think Jones is an average coach at best and not only are we paying him a ton of money but we're paying a bunch of money for his mistakes.



Brad Morpurgo
Watch Chris Jones will leave the Riders once his contract is up and then get hired somewhere as a coach only and that team will be awesome, I am ready for the Chris Jones era in Riderville to be over, can't wait until his contract is up



Brent Moore Well it's kinda amazing but my opinion on Jones has completely and when I say completely I mean 100% completely changed. I remember the feeling of anticipation and excitement when it was announced that Jones was to be the new head coach for the Eskimos and in all honesty my feelings were extremely positive towards him during his tenure in Edmonton. His sudden and slightly shady departure from our franchise actually stung me personally. In light of recent events in Saskatchewan I can't help but feel a great deal of relief that he is no longer a part of our organization! Further more feel that he is an embarrassment not only to the Saskatchewan rough riders but the CFL as a whole. His obvious lack of scruples reflects badly on everyone around him!


Rider Nation has a wide range of opinions. Does this blow your mind or something? :lol:
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:22 pm
Location: Burnaby, B.C.

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by bobo82 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:59 am

Grover wrote:
bobo82 wrote:Okay , one question here that I don't believe that has been brought up yet , and that is simply , how in the Hell does Chris Jones even become aware of the fact that Manziel even has a publicist in the first place ? Let alone know how to contact this said publicist in the first place if someone doesn't give him a phone number or some sort of information on how he can meet him/her for some sort of a meeting or get together.

Another question one has to ask is simply , why would Jones feel a need to talk to this person in the first place if not for the sole purpose of finding out information about his client one Johnny Manziel . I mean maybe Jones knowing this unnamed publicist is just an amazing coincidence , maybe they were just old buddies from high school ? Maybe they were talking about another Johnny ? It's a popular name after all , easy mistake.....right ? Totally innocent and unrelated misunderstanding of course.....right ? I mean it happens all the time....right ? :roll:

Sorry but I'm not buying it , not for a second , nope . Jones knew exactly what he was doing and knew it was wrong right from the get go but in typical Chris Jones "the Hell with the rules" fashion went ahead and did it anyways . I mean what other possible reason would there be to talk to someone who just happens to have Manziel as one of his clients in the first place ?


Bobo, His publicist is a Women

Image

Denise C Michaels
@denisecmichaels
Communications and reputation management specialist working to position and protect clients in sports and business.


Well that explains it then Grover.........Corky was obviously on a blind date :) Maybe Jones got lucky and it was the publicist that actually got the workout !!! :D
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: SSK allegedly possibly maybe illegally works out Manziel

by Count Floyd » Mon May 01, 2017 7:18 am

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is how it went down:

Jones (thinking to himself): I want to bring in Manziel, but I know he's on Hamilton's neg list, so I can't talk to his agent....maybe he has someone else representing him I can talk to, informally just to get a feel for if he's ready to try the CFL.

**Finds out Manziel has a publicist, then thinks: No one can get upset if I'm talking to a publicist, can they? :D

Bottom line is, without knowing EXACTLY what was said between Jones & Denise Michaels, we can't know exactly what happened. Maybe they agreed on a time & place to work Manziel out. Maybe it actually happened & Jones sent someone else to observe. What we do know is that the league investigated & found sufficient evidence of tampering, period.

Rider fans need to realize that the attitude of "I want my HC/GM to push boundaries to make the team better" is missing 3 words, which are: "within the rules". Jones has a history of flouting the rules, & his behaviour hasn't changed. No team should be allowed to have an unfair advantage, no matter how much they think they're the best in the league.

Calling out cheaters isn't "hating on the Riders".
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:42 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: nopa and 54 guests