Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by depopulationINC » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:57 pm

Taleback wrote:I realize that. I was just trying to say, in a politically correct, disguised way, was that the evidence was there. It was a technicality that got him off, maybe. If indeed it's all lies from the cops, then sue their as s off. It would be worth more $$$$$ than 10 years in the CFL.

I highly doubt it was a lie the bag was there, that does not mean the bag was actually his. It could also be an indication that he helped catch a bigger fish, however he was nothing but preaching innocence. I have my hunch to what went down but it is pure speculation.
All-Star

by brihind88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:53 pm

jamie wrote:Why?

He was involved somehow someway.
All-Star

by jamie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:05 pm

oh...
All-Star

by jamie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 am

Must be exhausting...

Being the fan
And prosecutor
And Judge
And jury
And executioner

And all this and you wouldn't know the accused if you tripped over him.
All-Star

by greenandwhite » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:43 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
greenandwhite wrote:The Stamps made the right choice not to jump to conclusions here and wait for the trial. Everyone deserves a right to trial and shouldn't just be dumped without the team knowing the full story. Good on Huff for standing behind his players.

Yup...I hate that people thing that teams need to judge when their place is simply to react to outcomes. There are rare instances where it is painfully obvious...go nuts and release...otherwise do nothing until you see results. Image is an issue...but so is standing by your employees.

Yes I remember a few years back when a few of our guys got into the bar brawl. I was glad they didn't automatically cut them. It's the same thing here.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:48 pm

greenandwhite wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:
greenandwhite wrote:The Stamps made the right choice not to jump to conclusions here and wait for the trial. Everyone deserves a right to trial and shouldn't just be dumped without the team knowing the full story. Good on Huff for standing behind his players.

Yup...I hate that people thing that teams need to judge when their place is simply to react to outcomes. There are rare instances where it is painfully obvious...go nuts and release...otherwise do nothing until you see results. Image is an issue...but so is standing by your employees.

Yes I remember a few years back when a few of our guys got into the bar brawl. I was glad they didn't automatically cut them. It's the same thing here.

Totally agree. There are rare instances it is the right thing to cut ties immediately, but those are just that.....rare.
All-Star

by Preisst » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:12 pm

brihind88 wrote:He was involved somehow someway.

How do you know that? You have a link? We're not all omniscient so perhaps you can explain to us common folk?

Thanks.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by brihind88 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:19 pm

jamie wrote:Must be exhausting...

Being the fan
And prosecutor
And Judge
And jury
And executioner

Works both ways.

There are at times the innocent get accused .

Also, there are times the guilty get off.

As I posted earlier, just because he got off does not make him innocent.

There is a difference between :

guilty - evidence has proven.
not guilty - that reasonable doubt issue.
innocent - clear the accused had nothing to do with it.

People get the last 2 confused as though they are the same thing.
All-Star

by GHT120 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Preisst wrote:

How do you know that? You have a link? We're not all omniscient so perhaps you can explain to us common folk?

Thanks.

Neither does the lack of charges totally vindicate him; there are many ways that can happen, including innocence. Only those "on the inside" of the situation know one way or the other.

But absent charges, he can legally enter Canada and is entitled to be employed by a CFL team.
All-Star

by brianjoxx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:13 am

jamie wrote:Must be exhausting...

Being the fan
And prosecutor
And Judge
And jury
And executioner

AND YOU neither bud. No its not exhausting, its fun. Gee,s another one!!
Starter

by Preisst » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:43 pm

GHT120 wrote:
Preisst wrote:

Thanks.

Neither does the lack of charges totally vindicate him; there are many ways that can happen, including innocence. Only those "on the inside" of the situation know one way or the other.

But absent charges, he can legally enter Canada and is entitled to be employed by a CFL team.

I know. Thanks for confirming what I've been saying.

What about the self righteous who have condemned him without knowing all the facts?

Do self appointed special advisors have a special place on the scum ladder?
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by RedandWhite » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Preisst wrote:Do self appointed special advisors have a special place on the scum ladder?

...who/what's a 'self appointed special advisor'?
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by PTBO Dave » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:16 pm

RedandWhite wrote:
Preisst wrote:Do self appointed special advisors have a special place on the scum ladder?

I know you didn't ask me, but I can provide some unique info on that.

What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Preisst » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:18 pm

RedandWhite wrote:

Just a hypothetical. There are a some folk who pass judgement without knowing the actual truth. It's a general comment about no one in particular. If someone is a 'self appointed special advisor' they will know it deep/shallow within themselves.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by GHT120 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Preisst wrote:
GHT120 wrote:
Preisst wrote:How do you know that? You have a link? We're not all omniscient so perhaps you can explain to us common folk?

Thanks.

I know. Thanks for confirming what I've been saying.

What about the self righteous who have condemned him without knowing all the facts?

Do self appointed special advisors have a special place on the scum ladder?

NOTE: I equally confirm those that object to absolving him as none of us know the facts.
Either way, he is legally entitled to play ..... of course so to was Lawrence Philips.
All-Star

PreviousNext