Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by depopulationINC » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:16 am

DAN38 wrote:
beaglehound wrote:Dan,

You had said, " I never hold an institution or company responsible for the actions of a human unless they condone the actions of that human. Only then will it reflect on the institution or company."

I agree but firstly, Rhymes with Orange and others I do not think were saying the Stamps should be held responsible for the guy's misconduct. And secondly, Rhymes with orange did not use the word reflect, he used the word "sullied" which as you know is another word for tarnish or soil or stain.

HfxTC used the word "reflect". I for one assumed HfxTC was using the word reflect as one would use sully. Perhaps he wasn't.

When you say, " TO ME his actions do not reflect the Calgary Stampeders or the CFL." I can only respond by saying that while the guy's actions do not "represent" the standards the Stamps hold for their players, this guy's actions does "reflect" poorly on the team's image.

For sure Beagle, but I still do not think any less of the Stamps because of Campbell. That's really my point. The reflection should be on the culprit alone.... One good thing though, there are probably only a handful of people in Aliquippa, let alone Pennsylvania, that know that the logo belongs to Calgary.....If the logo was PEPSI and he worked for them, would the event sully/reflect on Pepsi ?...We all like our privacy and we don't want our workplace to guide our home lives but Campbell does represent the team publicly and should have acted accordingly. He didn't. I blame him solely.

yeah...one's view on the organization should only really be effected by how they happen to respond to the situation. If they do nothing and it is business as usual and he comes back...question marks. If they were to cut ties...understandable. If they were to leave a door open based on completion of some formal classes to try to help the guy...IMO also understandable, though I know not all would agree with that.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:20 am

Argonauts est.1873 wrote:YES!!! It does reflect on the team as his employer. Just because the Stamps aren't involved in the drug deals his name is associated with them.
STUPID STUPID FOOL!!!! Some of these guys who come to the CFL from sketchy areas just can't put their old neighbourhood issues in their rear view mirrors. Remember that great BC Lion rb who tossed his career away being caught with major drugs?

FOOL!

viscous circle.

some of these guys don't go home with a lot of cash and don't exactly get great job prospects for a 5-6 month term. Not trying to justify it or make excuses, but it is easy to see how one can fall into doing this type of thing...especially if they grew up around it. Not the first time we have seen such things for sure.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 am

brihind88 wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:
Stampeder67 wrote:I'm sure once "all" the facts are in and this is settled in the courts Huff will make his decision. I don't believe he's been found guilty of anything yet has he? despite the evidence we've seen on the news.

Yes, then if found guilty, kick him to the curb.

Who really cares what he did in the gud ole Un-tied States Of America, it is not a negative reflection on The Calgary Stampeders (a CANADIAN team). :twisted:

I care. It will be a negative reflection on the Stamps if he is allowed back.

I agree ... IF they let him come back, definitely a negative reflection ... but if they can his drug peddling ass ... who cares! Really, he's gone/history. Another dumb player.
Veteran

by HfxTC » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 am

Its kind of weird to read about this in light of what Jim Popp said to his players last summer
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by brihind88 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:38 pm

I have applied to the Stamps for a special advisor position.

My first order of business will be to offer my advise to dump this garbage.

Real low on the scum ladder. Stay away from my city and team.
All-Star

by MrLucky » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:08 am

Many were quick to jump to conclusions. The man has been cleared of all charges. Guess he will be back this year.

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/football/cfl/calgary-stampeders/stampeders-all-star-cornerback-tommie-campbell-says-hes-cleared-of-all-drug-charges

:cowboy:
Starter

by rpaege » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:56 pm

MrLucky wrote:Many were quick to jump to conclusions. The man has been cleared of all charges. Guess he will be back this year.

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/football/cfl/calgary-stampeders/stampeders-all-star-cornerback-tommie-campbell-says-hes-cleared-of-all-drug-charges

If true, some people on this board have some apologies to post. They should also reexamine their inclination to rush to judgment and ask themselves how, if falsely accused, they would like to be treated by others.

I often read stories about African Americans running from police. That doesn't necessarily mean they are running from justice. At least some of the time they are running from injustice and out of fear for their life. You could ask Oscar Grant or Terence Crutcher what it's like, if they were still alive.
ImageImage
All-Star

by greenandwhite » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:12 am

The Stamps made the right choice not to jump to conclusions here and wait for the trial. Everyone deserves a right to trial and shouldn't just be dumped without the team knowing the full story. Good on Huff for standing behind his players.
All-Star

by Preisst » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:10 am

rpaege wrote:
MrLucky wrote:Many were quick to jump to conclusions. The man has been cleared of all charges. Guess he will be back this year.

If true, some people on this board have some apologies to post. They should also reexamine their inclination to rush to judgment and ask themselves how, if falsely accused, they would like to be treated by others.

I often read stories about African Americans running from police. That doesn't necessarily mean they are running from justice. At least some of the time they are running from injustice and out of fear for their life. You could ask Oscar Grant or Terence Crutcher what it's like, if they were still alive.

So true but let's face it, self righteous self appointed special advisors who are that judgemental in the first place think they are never wrong no matter what. They ignore anything that goes against their self importance and are not big enough ppull to admit their mistakes.

They are real low on the scum ladder.
Last edited by Preisst on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Taleback » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:33 am

Hmm. So the cops are lying and they didn't pick up the Stamps backpack he dropped with 180 grams of coke in it. Seems like a slander suite against the cops for him if he wishes.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:49 pm

greenandwhite wrote:The Stamps made the right choice not to jump to conclusions here and wait for the trial. Everyone deserves a right to trial and shouldn't just be dumped without the team knowing the full story. Good on Huff for standing behind his players.

Yup...I hate that people thing that teams need to judge when their place is simply to react to outcomes. There are rare instances where it is painfully obvious...go nuts and release...otherwise do nothing until you see results. Image is an issue...but so is standing by your employees.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Taleback wrote:Hmm. So the cops are lying and they didn't pick up the Stamps backpack he dropped with 180 grams of coke in it. Seems like a slander suite against the cops for him if he wishes.

There are lots of possibilities as to why charges have been dropped, ranging from improper seizure to it not being his. Could have been that he was cooperative. Could have been that it was someone else's that was staying there and he knew what was in there and stupidly tried to help the person out by doing a grab and dash. Who knows. Even if it was a Stamps bag, he could have very easily given that swag to someone...players get a lot of that kind of stuff and hand some of it out.
All-Star

by Taleback » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:04 pm

I realize that. I was just trying to say, in a politically correct, disguised way, was that the evidence was there. It was a technicality that got him off, maybe. If indeed it's all lies from the cops, then sue their as s off. It would be worth more $$$$$ than 10 years in the CFL.
All-Star

by brihind88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Just because he got off prosecution does not mean he is not guilty.

I would still like him to be gone.
All-Star

by jamie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Why?
All-Star

PreviousNext