Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by Argonauts est.1873 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:37 pm

People get fired from jobs for posting way less serious comments or pictures online personally. So The Stamps will want to distance themselves from Campbell as soon as possible. Obviously the Stamps underestimated his character in a huge way. I'm pretty bummed about this as my wife is from Calgary and a huge Stamps fan and they've become my second favorite team. Sad stuff all in all.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by DAN38 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:43 pm

beaglehound wrote:Dan,

You had said, " I never hold an institution or company responsible for the actions of a human unless they condone the actions of that human. Only then will it reflect on the institution or company."

I agree but firstly, Rhymes with Orange and others I do not think were saying the Stamps should be held responsible for the guy's misconduct. And secondly, Rhymes with orange did not use the word reflect, he used the word "sullied" which as you know is another word for tarnish or soil or stain.

HfxTC used the word "reflect". I for one assumed HfxTC was using the word reflect as one would use sully. Perhaps he wasn't.

When you say, " TO ME his actions do not reflect the Calgary Stampeders or the CFL." I can only respond by saying that while the guy's actions do not "represent" the standards the Stamps hold for their players, this guy's actions does "reflect" poorly on the team's image.


For sure Beagle, but I still do not think any less of the Stamps because of Campbell. That's really my point. The reflection should be on the culprit alone.... One good thing though, there are probably only a handful of people in Aliquippa, let alone Pennsylvania, that know that the logo belongs to Calgary.....If the logo was PEPSI and he worked for them, would the event sully/reflect on Pepsi ?...We all like our privacy and we don't want our workplace to guide our home lives but Campbell does represent the team publicly and should have acted accordingly. He didn't. I blame him solely.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star
 
Posts: 3962
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 am

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by RedandWhite » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:52 pm

DAN38 wrote:One good thing though, there are probably only a handful of people in Aliquippa, let alone Pennsylvania, that know that the logo belongs to Calgary.....


...a lot of people there might be wondering "hey, where did he get his hands on that sweet Southern Methodist University backpack?" :lol:
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff
 
Posts: 14923
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by beaglehound » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:15 pm

"For sure Beagle, but I still do not think any less of the Stamps because of Campbell. That's really my point. The reflection should be on the culprit alone" by Dan38

I don't think any less of the organization either Dan and I'm sure most people do not look down on the Stamps organization because of this guy's bad choices. Again it comes down to how we want to use the word "reflect". A team's image can be tarnished because of the actions of one or two. This doesn't mean the whole box is bad because of one or two bad apples but it does mean that the team is expected to take swift action. You raised a good point in your earlier post and that was about a team or employer condoning certain actions or even being perceived as condoning such actions.

If a pro team doesn't take disciplinary action against a player who is giving the team a bad name then it could be perceived as the team either not thinking the behaviour was all that bad or the team does not hold very high standards....to wit the inaction on the team's part could be considered by some [many?] as actually condoning the bad behaviour.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4710
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by DAN38 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:35 pm

beaglehound wrote:"For sure Beagle, but I still do not think any less of the Stamps because of Campbell. That's really my point. The reflection should be on the culprit alone" by Dan38

I don't think any less of the organization either Dan and I'm sure most people do not look down on the Stamps organization because of this guy's bad choices. Again it comes down to how we want to use the word "reflect". A team's image can be tarnished because of the actions of one or two. This doesn't mean the whole box is bad because of one or two bad apples but it does mean that the team is expected to take swift action. You raised a good point in your earlier post and that was about a team or employer condoning certain actions or even being perceived as condoning such actions.

If a pro team doesn't take disciplinary action against a player who is giving the team a bad name then it could be perceived as the team either not thinking the behaviour was all that bad or the team does not hold very high standards....to wit the inaction on the team's part could be considered by some [many?] as actually condoning the bad behaviour.


Agreed.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star
 
Posts: 3962
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 am

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by ArgoT » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Gonzo.
All-Star
 
Posts: 4414
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by Stampeder67 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:06 am

I can't understand why some here think that his actions make the Stamps look bad. This guy is living his own life in the off season. When you go on holidays do you have a chaperone following you around.

The Stamps have no reason to feel as though they have been sullied. Can't baby sit everyone. No reflection on the Calgary organization. Now, what Huff does from here on out will have a bigger effect on the Stampeder organization and how it's viewed.
Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by brihind88 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:13 am

Stampeder67 wrote:I can't understand why some here think that his actions make the Stamps look bad. This guy is living his own life in the off season. When you go on holidays do you have a chaperone following you around.

The Stamps have no reason to feel as though they have been sullied. Can't baby sit everyone. No reflection on the Calgary organization. Now, what Huff does from here on out will have a bigger effect on the Stampeder organization and how it's viewed.


True, but the Stamps need to step up and cut his ass yesterday.

So, far all we have done is the wishy washy " it is a legal matter we can not comment on "

blah blah blah.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by Stampeder67 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:20 am

brihind88 wrote:
Stampeder67 wrote:I can't understand why some here think that his actions make the Stamps look bad. This guy is living his own life in the off season. When you go on holidays do you have a chaperone following you around.

The Stamps have no reason to feel as though they have been sullied. Can't baby sit everyone. No reflection on the Calgary organization. Now, what Huff does from here on out will have a bigger effect on the Stampeder organization and how it's viewed.


True, but the Stamps need to step up and cut his ass yesterday.

So, far all we have done is the wishy washy " it is a legal matter we can not comment on "

blah blah blah.



I'm sure once "all" the facts are in and this is settled in the courts Huff will make his decision. I don't believe he's been found guilty of anything yet has he? despite the evidence we've seen on the news.
Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Stampeder67 wrote:I'm sure once "all" the facts are in and this is settled in the courts Huff will make his decision. I don't believe he's been found guilty of anything yet has he? despite the evidence we've seen on the news.


Yes, then if found guilty, kick him to the curb.

Who really cares what he did in the gud ole Un-tied States Of America, it is not a negative reflection on The Calgary Stampeders (a CANADIAN team). :twisted:
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by brianjoxx » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Xvys wrote:Wow, selling crack from his Mom's house. Instead of football he can play checkers in the park with Yonus Davis.


Hold the phone. Not found guilty yet. Anyone could have left that Calgary backpack with Canadian money.

OR Not!!!!!!!!!!!
Starter
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:39 am
Location: vernon,bc

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by rhymes with orange » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Stampeder67 wrote:I can't understand why some here think that his actions make the Stamps look bad. This guy is living his own life in the off season. When you go on holidays do you have a chaperone following you around.

The Stamps have no reason to feel as though they have been sullied. Can't baby sit everyone. No reflection on the Calgary organization. Now, what Huff does from here on out will have a bigger effect on the Stampeder organization and how it's viewed.


To set the record straight, no one is saying this is the Stampeders' fault (as an organization). True. They can't babysit their players during the season, 24/7, let alone the off-season. What I am suggesting is the alleged misdeed is serious, so with either a guilty plea, a plea bargain, or if he's found guilty of the charges (and the evidence is certainly damning), it's hard to believe they wouldn't cut ties with the player.

Remember, we're living in an age when an employee can get fired (termination for cause) for yelling "**** her in the *****" into a live mic during a newscast on his own time. I am quite sure that (if true) selling crack cocaine and using a team issued backpack to do so would bring about the same result.
Proud B.C. Lions season ticket holder since 1995.
Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by brihind88 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:
Stampeder67 wrote:I'm sure once "all" the facts are in and this is settled in the courts Huff will make his decision. I don't believe he's been found guilty of anything yet has he? despite the evidence we've seen on the news.


Yes, then if found guilty, kick him to the curb.

Who really cares what he did in the gud ole Un-tied States Of America, it is not a negative reflection on The Calgary Stampeders (a CANADIAN team). :twisted:


I care. It will be a negative reflection on the Stamps if he is allowed back.
You guys are very diplomatic and I respect your opinions.
However, as a Stamps fan this disgusts me.

The Stamps have always stood for honour, respect and fair play.
Then this idiot dirt bag does this ?

Really, guys get kicked off teams for some silly thing they post on their twitter account. ( Arland Bruce ).
Brandon Banks gets ripped up for a minor infraction.
Nik Lewis was BBQd all over in the media for a silly harmless white glove joke.
Chris Jones does not shake hands , so he gets pasted.

Yet this seems a bit under the radar, with benefit of doubt.
Selling CRACK the most addictive lethal drug out there.

He gets caught red handed. Then again perhaps he was framed by racist cops who just happened to have a carry bag with a Stamp logo on it.

I will not worry much. He is off to jail. Even if he gets probation, he will not be allowed to exit the US or cross the Canadian border.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by Taleback » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:03 pm

brihind88 wrote:The Stamps have always stood for honour, respect and fair play.


O.K. You lost me there. :D Do you not remember the stigma of the tamperring, show boating Stamps during the Burris, Nick Lewis, Reynolds era? :wink:
All-Star
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Stampeders' Tommie Campbell arrested

by brihind88 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:23 am

Taleback wrote:
brihind88 wrote:The Stamps have always stood for honour, respect and fair play.


O.K. You lost me there. :D Do you not remember the stigma of the tamperring, show boating Stamps during the Burris, Nick Lewis, Reynolds era? :wink:


They were just having some fun. I do miss Copeland. :D

However, if you wanted to take aim at me , you could have mentioned Dwight Anderson. ( they got rid of him )

I will admit that J. Cornish made a fool of himself and the Stamps when he had " a situation " in Regina.
No rehash of details, those of you around a few years know what I mean.

I was talking in general terms. There will always be a few bad apples.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests