Younger viewers

Re: Younger viewers

by slimjim2 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Neely2005 wrote:
-Hammer- wrote:
As far as why in Toronto they have trouble getting youth out to games? Well...lets see.

- You have other organizations offering competitive price points in comparison to the Argos on field product, with better youth and family pricing points.

$199 11 game Season Ticket packages aren't competitive prices? $4 tall boys at the Tailgates aren't competitive prices?

Yes and that's a great deal. You can't beat season ticket prices to Argo games compared to all of the other teams in town, we are talking about ONLY 9 games, a pre-season game plus the options on a playoff.
TFC has twice as many games and they are playing at home in the cold months of Apr/May and Nov.
The Jays have 80 home games? the Leafs 40? the Raps 40?
For affordability you can't beat 9 reg season games in a season ticket package.
All-Star

by Neely2005 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:55 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
Neely2005 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:since when it is the Cats that are playing in Toronto the majority of fans going to the game are Ti-Cats fans).

BS

Neely if my original post had not been butchered by a moderator you would know that my original post was not talking about everybody at a game but specifically talking about the difference in demographics of fans based on my own personal observations travelling on the Lakeshore West GO Trains between Aldershot and Toronto travelling to Jays, TFC and Argos games.

When the Cats are playing at BMO the majority of fans on that GO Train route are Ti-Cats fans - and that is why in my comparison I specifically referred to non Ti-Cats Argos games GO Train demographics so that my comparison was more apples to apples to apples. ie. Jays, TFC and Argos fans - without Ti-Cats fans skewing the comparison.

I completely understand why you would not get that from the way my post got edited by a moderator though.

Ah okay, my mistake. I thought you were saying that there are more Ticats fans than Argonauts fans @ BMO Field for Argonauts games against Hamilton.
"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
10- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions
4- Saskatchewan Roughriders"

http://www.cfl.ca/2010/12/02/by-the-num ... cup-glory/
All-Star

by Neely2005 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:56 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
Neely2005 wrote:
-Hammer- wrote:
As far as why in Toronto they have trouble getting youth out to games? Well...lets see.

- You have other organizations offering competitive price points in comparison to the Argos on field product, with better youth and family pricing points.

$199 11 game Season Ticket packages aren't competitive prices? $4 tall boys at the Tailgates aren't competitive prices?

Yes and that's a great deal. You can't beat season ticket prices to Argo games compared to all of the other teams in town, we are talking about ONLY 9 games, a pre-season game plus the options on a playoff.
TFC has twice as many games and they are playing at home in the cold months of Apr/May and Nov.
The Jays have 80 home games? the Leafs 40? the Raps 40?
For affordability you can't beat 9 reg season games in a season ticket package.

The Argonauts Season Ticket package includes a home playoff game, it isn't an option.
"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions

All-Star

by slimjim2 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 am

Neely2005 wrote:The Argonauts Season Ticket package includes a home playoff game, it isn't an option.

Seriously? why do you think they included the "potential" playoff game this year?
They know already it's not going to happen.
All-Star

by Mightygoose » Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 am

slimjim2 wrote:
Neely2005 wrote:The Argonauts Season Ticket package includes a home playoff game, it isn't an option.

Seriously? why do you think they included the "potential" playoff game this year?

Your previous post did say 'option' on a playoff game.

Per their site, the post season ticket is included

http://www.argonauts.ca/2017-season-tickets-sale-now/

They included it in the event they qualify and host. Credit or refund if they don't. Same as any other team that includes one. no?
All-Star

by Taleback » Thu May 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Everyone who watches a Rider game this year will be Young viewers once Vince starts lighting it up. :D
All-Star

by Neely2005 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:38 pm

slimjim2 wrote:

They included it last year too. If they don't host a playoff game you get a refund on that game.

The playoff ticket is also the most expensive ticket in the 11 game season ticket package. The preseason game is the least expensive.
Last edited by Neely2005 on Thu May 18, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions

All-Star

by RedandWhite » Thu May 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Taleback wrote:Everyone who watches a Rider game this year will be Young viewers once Vince starts lighting it up. :D

...smoking on the sidelines should be discouraged...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by slimjim2 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Neely2005 wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:

They included it last year too. If they don't host a playoff game you get a refund on that game.

The playoff ticket is also the most expensive ticket in the 11 game season ticket package. The preseason game is the least expensive.

Not matter what, it's still a great deal when you compare to other sports in Toronto and other CFL cities.
No one in Toronto can use the excuse that Argo tickets are too expensive
All-Star

by BCCFLFAN » Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Taleback wrote:Everyone who watches a Rider game this year will be Young viewers once Vince starts lighting it up. :D

With all the interceptions he will throw... :wink:
Starter

Previous