Future Grey Cups - Host City

Re: Future Grey Cups - Host City

by EastVanMark » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:32 pm

brianjoxx wrote:
project.legacy wrote:2018 will probably go out West, so I'd like to see Edmonton
2019 - Hamilton (Tigers 150th Anniversary)
2020 - Regina
2021 - Should be Montreal, if they can ever fix the Big Owe, but if that doesn't happen = Calgary
2022 - BC or Calgary (depending on 2021)
2023 - Toronto (Argonauts 150th Anniversary)
2024 - BC or Calgary (depending on '21 and '22)
2025 - Kelowna (Hopefully they'll have a team by 2021

Total AGREE with you. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the Kelowna Apples to host their first Grey Cup in 2025.
They'll just have to expand their stadium by a factor of 30 and they're right there!
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Grover wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:
Hamilton? not for sure, it's not about whose turn it is or if they deserve it. If they don't put a bid in they don't get a Grey Cup. The city and the Ticats have to study to see if it's economically viable, besides city councillors not on board and no bid until litigation sorted out

I downloaded the wrong story above, this is the article about city councillors not behind a Grey Cup bid:

http://3downnation.com/2017/03/24/hamil ... n-settled/

Jim, did you even read the article?? :roll:

Sam Merulla the City councillor who represents the constituents of the Stadium precinct thinks it is a tremendous idea and fully supports a bid in 2019
“I think that’s a great idea. I really support it,” Merulla said. “And it ties in nicely to the challenges we’re facing with litigation. It should be resolved well before then.”

YES I did. Did YOU even read my comment................... :roll:
I said "besides city councillors not on board and no bid until litigation sorted out" that's right from the article you posted.
All-Star

by Grover » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:19 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
Grover wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:
Hamilton? not for sure, it's not about whose turn it is or if they deserve it. If they don't put a bid in they don't get a Grey Cup. The city and the Ticats have to study to see if it's economically viable, besides city councillors not on board and no bid until litigation sorted out

I downloaded the wrong story above, this is the article about city councillors not behind a Grey Cup bid:

http://3downnation.com/2017/03/24/hamil ... n-settled/

Jim, did you even read the article?? :roll:

Sam Merulla the City councillor who represents the constituents of the Stadium precinct thinks it is a tremendous idea and fully supports a bid in 2019
“I think that’s a great idea. I really support it,” Merulla said. “And it ties in nicely to the challenges we’re facing with litigation. It should be resolved well before then.”

YES I did. Did YOU even read my comment................... :roll:
I said "besides city councillors not on board and no bid until litigation sorted out" that's right from the article you posted.

There is no reference of "City Councillors NOT being on board" in that article,
In fact the only City Councillor that was quoted said “I think that’s a great idea. I really support it,”
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

Previous