How do the Argos get another 10,000 fans

Re: How do the Argos get another 10,000 fans

by slimjim2 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:15 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Argofan_1000 wrote:
Hammertown Proud wrote:I really like that.

A good way to keep fans in the seats if the team is struggling...which we know the Larks will be.... :lol:

$$

If Hamilton, Ottawa wanted to earn more money, then the opening game, labour day games, playoffs need to add temp seats in stadiums that can accommodate it. I am sure the Labour day game in Hamilton could sell an additional 10,000 seats, especially if the teams are bunched up in the standings and are playing exciting football

The problem is the cost. I've read it costs $100 per seat.

Yes exactly, I watched the temp seats go up in Ottawa for the GC back in 04, it took weeks and an army of workers to erect a 10k grandstand, and another week or so to remove them. You also have to provide porta-toilets and concession because you can't have another 10k fans using the existing facilities.
The time and cost would be prohibitive.
You better make sure that you can sell the seats before you spend money on installing them.
All-Star

by Mightygoose » Tue May 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Training camp announced back at York University today. Moved from Guelph.

Fan Day is back also at York U on June 3.

Definitely need these back here to connect and build.
All-Star

by batkinson001 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Mightygoose wrote:Training camp announced back at York University today. Moved from Guelph.

Fan Day is back also at York U on June 3.

Definitely need these back here to connect and build.

is it the same field where they held the 2014 fan day? I am having trouble locating the field (Alumni Field) on google maps, so I can plan the best way to get there from Oshawa (I don't drive).
Argos season ticket holder 2010-2014, 2016
Starter

Previous