How do the Argos get another 10,000 fans

Re: How do the Argos get another 10,000 fans

by brihind88 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Neely2005 wrote:
brihind88 wrote:
Neely2005 wrote:Just a point of clarification, BMO Field seats 27000+ for Argonauts games.

OK, I am off by 3000.

Point in the same.

Should still be close to selling out 27,000.

BTW, are we sure on the 27,000 ?

Perhaps it is the configuration or the partial roof , but it looks mighty small for 27,000.

"The stadium, just by being Not the Rogers Centre, is the most important change. BMO Field offers a cozy, 27,000-seat venue near the lakefront"

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/sports ... in-toronto

As long as fans do not get invaded by seagulls like CNE, they should stay happy.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:I think we need to lower our expectations, guys.
Give me 15,000 PAID tickets and I will be happy.
Give me 18,000 PAID tickets and I will be over the moon.

I'm easy to please, I guess. I'd be happy if you gave me 1 paid ticket. :wink:

But for this season, I think the owners should be happy if they can match last season's ~17,000 average (who knows how much of that was paid).

On the one hand, they won't have a GC incentive and they won't have the new-stadium shine to entice fans, so one should expect a decrease without these pull factors.

On the other hand, they now have had a full year of experience to figure out the market and a better schedule (and hopefully a better on-field product), so hopefully these new pull factors will be able to offset the lost ones.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by brihind88 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:15 am

Bayargonaut00 wrote:
brihind88 wrote:
Neely2005 wrote:Just a point of clarification, BMO Field seats 27000+ for Argonauts games.

OK, I am off by 3000.

Point in the same.

Should still be close to selling out 27,000.

BTW, are we sure on the 27,000 ?

Perhaps it is the configuration or the partial roof , but it looks mighty small for 27,000.

26500 according to wiki (:

26,500 or 27,000.

TDPlace looks bigger with 24,000.

Deceptive perception. Perhaps the configuration or roofing.

At least to my eyes they are.

Whatever, I would like to NOT notice so many red seats in 2017.

If Popp and Trest can get the ARGOOOOS back on the winning track, it will be a positive first step.
All-Star

by Hammertown Proud » Tue May 09, 2017 9:35 pm

well myself and four friends helped out by buying five tickets to the Argo's home opener.... :) :)
Starter

by KevinRiley2 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Hammertown Proud wrote:well myself and four friends helped out by buying five tickets to the Argo's home opener.... :) :)

:thup:
All-Star

by OskeeweeneeVI » Wed May 10, 2017 12:33 am

Hammertown Proud wrote:well myself and four friends helped out by buying five tickets to the Argo's home opener.... :) :)

Grabbed four myself and got a pair for the Montreal game. Love just getting off the train and being right there.
Starter

by slimjim2 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:26 am

PTBO Dave wrote:But for this season, I think the owners should be happy if they can match last season's ~17,000 average (who knows how much of that was paid).

On the one hand, they won't have a GC incentive and they won't have the new-stadium shine to entice fans, so one should expect a decrease without these pull factors.

On the other hand, they now have had a full year of experience to figure out the market and a better schedule (and hopefully a better on-field product), so hopefully these new pull factors will be able to offset the lost ones.

The owners would be very happy with 17k but I don't think they will get anywhere near that this season.
No GC incentive, no new stadium attraction, only one game against the Ticats, only one game during the Ex.
The opening game last year was marketed as a new beginning, new home and ex-Argos introduced etc, the opening game this year will not attract anywhere near 24k

But I did my little bit, got 6 tickets total and I don't live near Toronto. They just need to sell more tickets to Torontonians. The flex-packs, bobble-head giveaways, $4 beers etc all help
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed May 10, 2017 9:42 am

slimjim2 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:But for this season, I think the owners should be happy if they can match last season's ~17,000 average (who knows how much of that was paid).

The owners would be very happy with 17k but I don't think they will get anywhere near that this season.
No GC incentive, no new stadium attraction, only one game against the Ticats, only one game during the Ex.
The opening game last year was marketed as a new beginning, new home and ex-Argos introduced etc, the opening game this year will not attract anywhere near 24k

But I did my little bit, got 6 tickets total and I don't live near Toronto. They just need to sell more tickets to Torontonians. The flex-packs, bobble-head giveaways, $4 beers etc all help

Right, I forgot about the 2 Ticat games and CNE games last year, whereas this year it's only 1 each, I think. That should definitely offset some/any gains the team might receive from a better schedule. We'll have to wait and see if the Argos sales team has upped their game over last year.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:17 am

slimjim2 wrote:The owners would be very happy with 17k but I don't think they will get anywhere near that this season.

Sad but true.
All-Star

by vanhalendlrband » Wed May 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Argos are gonna surprise everyone.

Trolls will soon be laughed at.

Argos will sell out many games this year
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:35 pm

vanhalendlrband wrote:Argos are gonna surprise everyone.

Not sure if you are sarcastic. Anyway, I HOPE you are right. :)
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed May 10, 2017 6:15 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:

Well, every time they visit Hamilton, Ottawa, and Regina, they should sell out the games.

If they break 20,000 for many games this year, Bell and Tanenbaum should be happy.
-Confucius

All-Star

by vanhalendlrband » Thu May 11, 2017 9:29 am

PTBO Dave wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:

Well, every time they visit Hamilton, Ottawa, and Regina, they should sell out the games.

If they break 20,000 for many games this year, Bell and Tanenbaum should be happy.

I think just the fact the dates I posted. Most of the games are on Friday and Saturday except for one Monday and on thrusdday.

Last season most or half the games were on Tuesday Wednesday Monday Thursday, it was ridiculous. I think if the Argos don't improve on field the attendance will at least go up this year quite a bit and have better attended games on regular football nights.

We thought that would be fixed, and I said it would be sold out every night but I didn't realize they were playing on Tuesday in 2016 had I known that I would say no not happening.

This year I think will be the first true test of the Argos. All good football nights much better schedule. I think the tailgating will take off more as well.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:32 am

vanhalendlrband wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:Well, every time they visit Hamilton, Ottawa, and Regina, they should sell out the games.

I think just the fact the dates I posted. Most of the games are on Friday and Saturday except for one Monday and on thrusdday.

Last season most or half the games were on Tuesday Wednesday Monday Thursday, it was ridiculous. I think if the Argos don't improve on field the attendance will at least go up this year quite a bit and have better attended games on regular football nights.

We thought that would be fixed, and I said it would be sold out every night but I didn't realize they were playing on Tuesday in 2016 had I known that I would say no not happening.

This year I think will be the first true test of the Argos. All good football nights much better schedule. I think the tailgating will take off more as well.

Again, hope you're right.

Thankfully, the bar is set low in 2017. They need <20K fans, per game, to break even so...

It is doable... hopefully.
All-Star

by Mightygoose » Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 am

Agreed, the bar is low and probably as low as it's ever been.

There's no expectations for big crowds this year, there's no pressure to put on a good show for the Grey Cup which we're both failures.

On and off this field this is the first year of a rebuild while last year was a re-launch. It had a good lift off and exploded shortly there after.

At least they're getting back to some grass roots, meeting with various fan groups (Argofans for example) in the off season and a town hall meeting is taking place on May 16. Perks with STH we're brought in for 2017. They hired a new head of client services. Jamie Dykstra, I believe he was with the Jays. So there's a voice for the STHs now.

All of those things we're absent last year too.
All-Star

PreviousNext