How do the Argos get another 10,000 fans

Re: How do the Argos get another 10,000 fans

by pw13 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:03 pm

depopulationINC wrote:I am not going to speak for something 4 decades ago...that is just silly. Right now they need to put up a good team. The gong show Copeland put on this offseason did not help at all. I would say step 1 would be removing him.

"Just win and everything sorts itself out." Yes, silly.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:52 pm

pw13 wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:I am not going to speak for something 4 decades ago...that is just silly. Right now they need to put up a good team. The gong show Copeland put on this offseason did not help at all. I would say step 1 would be removing him.

"Just win and everything sorts itself out." Yes, silly.

Clearly I have said more than that in this thread, but roll with that if it makes you happy.
All-Star

by Argofan_1000 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:42 am

nice Argos stuff at the Argos shop if you can't find anything. really like the Argos 1873 logo. Bought one but would like the same thing on a T shirt

https://argosshop.ca/
Veteran

by BigJoeM » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 pm

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1236/ ... 1485870070

Really like the Argos Collection Gear
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by Argofan_1000 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:10 pm

retro Argos.jpg
Argofan_1000 wrote:nice Argos stuff at the Argos shop if you can't find anything. really like the Argos 1873 logo. Bought one but would like the same thing on a T shirt

did a nice job/Argos/CFL/Toronto/"1873"

Veteran

by BigJoeM » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:
retro Argos.jpg
Argofan_1000 wrote:nice Argos stuff at the Argos shop if you can't find anything. really like the Argos 1873 logo. Bought one but would like the same thing on a T shirt

did a nice job/Argos/CFL/Toronto/"1873"

They have improved the variety and quality of their Team Clothing in the last two years . This is pretty good . I like the A with the stars with a circle my self but this one has a pretty good look as well . I always notice they usually sell XXL out the first .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by Argofan_1000 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:08 am

I made contact with the Argo office regarding season seats on Friday. Spoke to Ethan Fairchild one of the account executives. He did say Argos have hired a Sales and Ticket Manager from the Jays to look at everything regarding promotion of ticket sales and Argos will apply what the Jays have learned in this market.

Good deal on season seats, 25% off regular pricing with each season seat also getting 4 flex tickets per season seat when you want to bring guests to the game. You can also trade in 2 games for another time if you can't make it for some reason. This is a good deal for me.

From the Argos ticket office.
http://www.argonauts.ca/2017-season-tickets-sale-now/
Veteran

by Bayargonaut00 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:26 pm

the most obvious thing i can think of, is for them to advertise on MUCH and mtv canada, both of which are bell properties. get millennials and the youngins talking about Argo football, and curious to go participate in a tailgate. and it should start no later than the ides of april. get some awareness going for the brand early on.
oh, and we should definitely be getting our hate on for the Ticats as a matter of marketing, rivalry
No finite point has meaning without an infinite reference point
Starter

by Bayargonaut00 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:44 am

No finite point has meaning without an infinite reference point
Starter

by slimjim2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:28 am

Argofan_1000 wrote:I made contact with the Argo office regarding season seats on Friday. Spoke to Ethan Fairchild one of the account executives. He did say Argos have hired a Sales and Ticket Manager from the Jays to look at everything regarding promotion of ticket sales and Argos will apply what the Jays have learned in this market.

Good deal on season seats, 25% off regular pricing with each season seat also getting 4 flex tickets per season seat when you want to bring guests to the game. You can also trade in 2 games for another time if you can't make it for some reason. This is a good deal for me.

From the Argos ticket office.
http://www.argonauts.ca/2017-season-tickets-sale-now/

That's a good deal for everyone, hope it helps. There were a lot of unsold cheap tickets last year, hiring the Jays sales & ticket manager can only help.

Someone mentioned marketing to the millenials etc, they did that last year too, it's a tough crowd to win over.
All-Star

by Argofan_1000 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:54 am

So no more live broadcasts with TSN 1050 with Mike Hogan.

It is a different world these days with TSNGO on laptops, cells phones, tablets.

I don't listen to TSN 1050 anymore as they have zero CFL talk and have switched to TSN 1150 Hamilton. The ratings are increasing for this station from Toronto and have did quite well. I get this station in Richmond Hill so it has quite a reach.

Hogan would be a good fit in Hamilton on TSN 1150 and they should pick him up
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:So no more live broadcasts with TSN 1050 with Mike Hogan.

It is a different world these days with TSNGO on laptops, cells phones, tablets.

I don't listen to TSN 1050 anymore as they have zero CFL talk and have switched to TSN 1150 Hamilton. The ratings are increasing for this station from Toronto and have did quite well. I get this station in Richmond Hill so it has quite a reach.

Hogan would be a good fit in Hamilton on TSN 1150 and they should pick him up

It is a different world, even if you live in Florida or Richmond Hill you can listen to TSN 1150 on the internet, "reach" doesn't matter.
The internet has changed everything and TSN needs to make CFL broadcasts available to everyone.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:09 pm

slimjim2 wrote:It is a different world, even if you live in Florida or Richmond Hill you can listen to TSN 1150 on the internet, "reach" doesn't matter.
The internet has changed everything and TSN needs to make CFL broadcasts available to everyone.

:thup:
All-Star

by -Hammer- » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:25 am

slimjim2 wrote:It is a different world, even if you live in Florida or Richmond Hill you can listen to TSN 1150 on the internet, "reach" doesn't matter.

As much as we'd all love to see a wide open live stream of all games (myself included), this doesn't help things and the economics of it are unclear enough to not make that jump.

The reason is, people who don't watch the CFL aren't going to seek out a live stream to watch it, and people who do and find their access restricted (because they don't have a cable package and thus TSN GO) instead find a pirate stream. The biggest disadvantage of streaming is that it's a lot harder to coax someone in with a click add, then someone who is channel surfing.

It's also a lot harder to track your viewership then with cable, and thus sell it to advertisers.

However, the main reason is, the second you offer a free full live stream, people start to cut their cable. Heck, if all sports were free and legally streamed over the internet, I'd cut my cable in a heartbeat. It's for this reason, you likely have an agreement with the cable providers who are paying your money for the rights to your channel. They don't want to let go of it, which means that they are likely overpaying for it, for your benefit. Live sports and an aging population, really are the last thing that are keeping people holding onto their cable subscriptions.
Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton - Naufrage des navires depuis 1869
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:21 am

Amazon , You Tube , Netflix , Apple TV and PS are getting so big I can see them secure more rights and over power the networks for pro sports live game rights or even share them initially until they go away with time like Blockbuster .

Smart TV 's are the norm now .
Veteran

PreviousNext