How do the Argos get 25000 fans?

Re: How do the Argos get another 15,000 fans

by argos0906 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:27 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:"Big problem is the league and Argos really can't say anything, they needed a champion from outside such as Bell or TSN. These 2 have been silent. Last year it was one of the sponsors that warned Rogers. Who was it as I will give them all of my business. This is the problem here in TO. To start with it needs to be said over the air before we can start to mend the brand and implement all of the good ideas to improve things.
"

I can't believe that the CFL has not sued Rogers. Big mistake to let them get away with it.[/quote]

I know Rogers told Blundell to cut out the CFL trashing, was that because of the sponsor? In regards to suing, I think the league may have a case for defamation or something (I'm not a lawyer nor pretend to be) but Rogers has way more power than the league, we're talking millions vs. billions. Probably a fight the league won't win.
Rookie

by argonaut11xx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm

The team needs to forget about the season ticket holders, and hardcore fans opinions.

Most of us are just crotchety old men. If our ideas were any good, the Argo's wouldn't be in the attendance trouble they are now.

They need some new blood, hit up the university crowd.

The most pissed off the old guard fans get, the better the plan is working.

Push the tailgate, the party atmosphere, do what the soccer team has done in terms of a fan base.

Us old guys will eventually come around.
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by alphamale111 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:59 pm

While I agree the fan base needs new blood, I am hesitant to think we need to follow what TFC has done. The supporter groups that follow TFC are organic. They are not a creation of the league, team or owners. I am currently working with a bunch of people to start up a Toronto based supporter group for the eventual Toronto team in Canadian Premier League. The support is built up by the fans and grows organically.

What can be worked out with the team/ management / stadium is the use of the section as a designated support section with flags, banners, smoke, etc. The fans are the ones who buy the materials, rent the warehouse space, paint and design, etc. It's not a party created by the team... it's a lot of fan effort and sweat put into supporting the team (win or lose).

The Argos can and have already tried some of that with tailgates and fun zone designations. The existing fan base needs to step up and make the "atmosphere" as soccer fans call it.

I'm not sure the Argo fan base is into kind of effort that judging by the ridicule the soccer supporters get on this site. You keep calling a party atmosphere therefore devaluing the work and dedication the fans put in to make a TFC game what it is.

The existing hardcore fan base needs to be engaged and brought back to games. The new blood will be there is a concentrated effort to put in the work. We see this at every TFC game (the section crashers who come into the section, take video and selfies to show they were in the crazy fan sections. Meanwhile they have nothing to do with the hard work done by those hardcore fans.
Veteran

by argonaut11xx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:14 pm

The current small group of Argofans are passionate, but also aging.

I like your idea's, but the fan base needs to get younger.

Went to a TFC game last year (in my Argo gear). It was a lot of fun.

I'm just saying that the diehards, are going as often as they can anyways.

New blood.
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by alphamale111 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:34 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:The current small group of Argofans are passionate, but also aging.

I like your idea's, but the fan base needs to get younger.

Went to a TFC game last year (in my Argo gear). It was a lot of fun.

I'm just saying that the diehards, are going as often as they can anyways.

New blood.

Lol - You can wear the Argo gear (I think I saw you). All are welcome.

Younger for sure - by about half. There was someone trying to set up a supporter group last summer. What happended with that project? Anyone remember who it was?
Veteran

by Mightygoose » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:44 pm

Looking at ticketmaster for the July 24 game vs. Ottawa. Doug Flutie bobblehead night. Also a Monday.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/100 ... 15v1mobile

Throwback promotion. Multiple of 2s: 9.98 each plus fees. 19.96 (plus fees) for the pair.

These seats are in the upper east side rows 6 through 11. This is normally the group section so they don't sell seasons, flex or even single game tickets there.

Not sure how they're promoting it, just came accross it by chance.

Great deal...though it's good on the team to fill seats, it's a sign that they'll need to have 'throwback' pricing next year too. Start with the ST pricing and branch from there.
All-Star

by alphamale111 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Mightygoose wrote:Looking at ticketmaster for the July 24 game vs. Ottawa. Doug Flutie bobblehead night. Also a Monday.

Throwback promotion. Multiple of 2s: 9.98 each plus fees. 19.96 (plus fees) for the pair.

These seats are in the upper east side rows 6 through 11. This is normally the group section so they don't sell seasons, flex or even single game tickets there.

Great deal...though it's good on the team to fill seats, it's a sign that they'll need to have 'throwback' pricing next year too. Start with the ST pricing and branch from there.

Yes - TFC rolled back pricing when crowds started to fall off at the mid to tail end of the pre "Bloody Big Deal" Era (TFC 1.0). It worked to solidify falling season ticket #'s where items like free Marlie's and Raptor tickets failed. We have a meeting with ownership demanding something be done - We were paying the highest prices in the league with the worst team on the field. Ownership agreed to year one pricing. Season ticket holders still reap the benefits of that pricing 4 years later. The problem is it creates a bit of a problem with price dislocation in some areas. You can be sitting next to someone who payed almost double for their seasons seats.
Veteran

by brihind88 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:58 pm

A sponsor warned Rogers ?

What sponsor and what warning ?

Unless facts can be provided , this is just rumor, assumptions and innuendo.
All-Star

by drummer_god » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Mightygoose wrote:Looking at ticketmaster for the July 24 game vs. Ottawa. Doug Flutie bobblehead night. Also a Monday.

I saw this on Instagram and bought a pair. Comes to $34 after fees and taxes.
It's the upper east side the last 20 rows or so. I got row 16, so I'm not sure where you got rows 6-11 from?
After I just paid $17/ticket with this promo, I compared to what I paid last year: same section, and one row difference - last year was $62/ticket. That's what I'm talking about! Needs to be a permanent price.
Last edited by drummer_god on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer

by BCRiderFan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:39 pm

And which four people are you all bringing with you to the game?
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran

by Mightygoose » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:49 pm

drummer_god wrote:

I saw this on Instagram and bought a pair. Comes to $34 after fees and taxes.
It's the upper east side the last 20 rows or so. I got row 16, so I'm not sure where you got rows 6-11 from?
After I just paid $17/ticket with this promo, I compared to what I paid last year: same section, and one row difference - last year was $62/ticket. That's what I'm talking about! Needs to be a permanent price.

Glad to hear they're selling more. I was just looking at the blue dots yesterday.

Agreed hopefully the upper east are filled with this deal (and more seats of course). Could end up being the biggest crowd of the year so far which isn't saying much. But most of the media will only mention the crowd size and only the haters will mention the price.
All-Star

by argofan90 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:47 pm

This was a great day for the Argos, I watched on TV and it was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RXVNaNndgI
Rookie

by EastVanMark » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:08 pm

argofan90 wrote:This was a great day for the Argos, I watched on TV and it was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RXVNaNndgI

Living proof that you need star power in Toronto to draw crowds.
All-Star

Re: How do the Argos get 25000 fans?

by ed ohmnes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:02 am

Tell their fans stop get off the couch and go to the games, or buy season tickets. And then stay home if they want and give the tickets to someone who will go.
Starter

Re: How do the Argos get 25000 fans?

by Thrick » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:21 am

I think a big problem is the fact that Toronto has so many sports in the city. People have a huge variety of things to choose from. No other CFL city has the same amount of sports going on at any one time.

The Leafs
Raptors
The Jays
Toronto FC
The Marlies
Toronto Rock
The Argos

That is just the "major" sports that they have on any given weekend there can be up to 4 different games going on.
Yes you will always have your loyal fans and die hards but at the same time with last years season and the fact that there is other things going on I think the market in Toronto is just over crowded. :D :D
Oskee Wee Wee
Practice Squad

PreviousNext