Argonauts est.1873

Well they've resigned Lemon and two new LB's and DB's in the last week or so.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

Hail Mary

Quote from: "Argonauts  est.1873"
Well they've resigned Lemon and two new LB's and DB's in the last week or so.

Hopefully these new additions will faithfully ascribe to the defensive scheme employed by DC Struber (apologies if name is misspelled, no offence intended)...this man has proven he is a coaching guru on the defensive side of the ball. now it's up to the new guys to adhere to the scheme and get this thing turned around next season. Man up gentlemen, the Blue & White are on a mission for their 17th.

argonutII

Stubler has more success with veteran players. Barker brought some in last year but they were over the hill, apparently, and the rookies never seem to catch on to his system. Maybe they just weren't good enough.

Argonauts est.1873

The Toronto Argonauts ship wrecked and still no news about heading forward. Seems like management doesn't give a rats A$$.

Hire someone who knows what the hell they are doing. Someone who isn't over their heads. Someone who cares. Someone who knows the CFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mightygoose

The waiting game is frustrating for sure, but if my contact is correct (he usually is), the changes are coming.

Been mulling over this and  it's looking clear, that they're taking their time to make sure they have the right hire in terms of this 'football guru' and then let him handle the football ops form there. Something Copeland doesn't have the background for.

Since the Argos don't get much coverage in the media here, they can use it to their advantage and do it right with the expectations so low. No pressure to put on a good show at the BMO opener, no pressure of hosting the Grey Cup, no pressure if trying to play in that game. Now no pressure on how they do on the field.

If this was the Leafs or Jays, the media would be all over them and they can buckle to make a change or the sake of it a hire the wrong person and make things worse. The Leafs finally got to that low expectation and they're making some strides now. The Argos are doing the same just with no one noticing, that's not a bad thing right now.

ArgoT

The more time that elapses with Copeland dithering while Rome burns mentality, the more it appears how the status quo will remain.
That for me is totally unacceptable.

Hail Mary

Quote from: "argonutII"
Stubler has more success with veteran players. Barker brought some in last year but they were over the hill, apparently, and the rookies never seem to catch on to his system. Maybe they just weren't good enough.

Appreciate the correct spelling of the DC's name, thanks! An interesting point at his success with veteran players. In my humble opinion the veterans buy into his system because they have been around the block a few times to recognize a winning strategy when its presented. Rookies, however, like any of us when we were much younger, think they can set the world on fire with nothing more than their athletic prowess. Unfortunately, the lesson is lost upon them, that the key isn't about a single athlete's prowess as much as optimizing total team success over merely individual achievement.

Argonauts est.1873

Looks like we're going into 2017 with a dirty house.

argonaut11xx

Without a VERY strong O-line, no matter who the Argo's have behind center, its going to be a distaster.

Willy or Ray will get killed, or the Argo's could go with Lefevour and his noodle arm and lose that way.

Maybe if Kilgore finishes high school he may be an option in a few years. (he looks like he is 17 yrs old)
I support L.G.B.T, Liberty Guns Beer Trump .Melting SNOWFLAKES is FUN. Trudeau is an IDIOT

Argonauts est.1873

Cody Fajardo should be our future.

Liquor Kitty

Barker got canned. I don't know why Milanovich gets to stay, he is/was worse than Barker!

Argonauts est.1873

Why did this drag on so long? Will the new GM fire Milanovich and cut Willy or is it too late for that. Why would they let Barker go on for months after the season ended signing guys etc? No replacement made yet. I hope they will still ditch Milo and Willy and start from scratch because right now this isn't doing anything but rowing through a Tsunami.

of course

One has to think that Barker's decision to trade for Willy late last year was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Consequently, I also think the Argos should jetisson Willy...he is not the answer.  Not sure why the Argos are keeping Ray around, either.

And Milanovich's answer to players who show attitude is to cut them and let them sign with other teams whose coaches can actually have people skills.

The Argos are now where Winnipeg and the Riders were when they both hit rock bottom.  Time to clean house and rebuild from scratch.

Argonauts est.1873

We're on the bottom looking up for sure. I think we'll be in bad shape for a few years to come.

drummer_god

Not a chance I'm purchasing tickets to this gong-show.

Users Online

91 Guests, 10 Users (14 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, RedandWhite, papazoola, Sidney, StampsRock!, dcmoses, drummer_god, Lennywasout, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 144. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)