sth1988

Fajardo reminded me a little of Collaros, only bigger and stronger.  He isnt Milo's typical pocker passer, but with the issues we've had on the O'line, a pocket passer is not what we need.  Gives the defence something else to think about.  He made me a fan right away.

Argonauts est.1873

You think like me so you must be a great guy. haha.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

Liquor Kitty

Quote from: "sth1988"
Fajardo reminded me a little of Collaros, only bigger and stronger.  He isnt Milo's typical pocker passer, but with the issues we've had on the O'line, a pocket passer is not what we need.  Gives the defence something else to think about.  He made me a fan right away.

Agreed.
Fajardo impressed me also. Showed a lot of heart in his one, short Argo performance ... you could see it ... opposed to the other Argo players on the field at the time. Milanovich is a tool.

argonutII

Yes I would like to see more of Fajardo, but he might not be Milanovich's type of a stay in the pocket QB. The other downside of a running QB, except for Ricky Ray and Drew Willy of course, is that they have a hard time staying healthy :)

Argonauts est.1873

Does Milo get axed after this game?

Liquor Kitty

Quote from: "Argonauts  est.1873"
Does Milo get axed after this game?

He'll be around for (2) more years at least! :P
I hope they can his rectum.

Argonauts est.1873

Milo hasn't just hurt the Argos he's rectum.

argonutII

This was the worse Toronto defense I have seen in a while. Can't think of anybody brought in this year that was any good. Except maybe DE Lemon, he has a good track record for getting to the QB and played fairly well, but could use some help.
A lot of work for Jim Barker or who ever is the GM going forward. Franklin looks like the best QB not under contract in the League. I wonder how much it would take to sign him when he becomes a free agent.

Argonauts est.1873

Second stringers on Edmonton O's kicked our ass. Argos have given up 568 points on D. WOW!!! 31.5 points per game average.

Time to clean house as this is the lowest of the low year I can remember. Barker and Milo have sunk this team. From 4-2 to 5-13, how does that even happen? Time for more beer.

argonutII

Mike Copeland was quoted as saying they were going to look at all phases of their operation. Now it appears that will include him as well. Somebody has to take the heat for the Grey Cup fiasco. That has to fall on his shoulders I would think. Barker gets a failing grade for the players he supplied for Milanovich and Milanovich gets a failing grade for some of his assistant coaches hiring and his coaching period, especially the offensive play calling.  Kind of covers all the bases in my opinion.
Horrible overpaying trade for Willy by Barker and Milanovich. Ownership should put a law in that under no circumstances can a #1 Canadian Draft pick be allowed to be traded.
It seems the players got blamed for not playing good enough. Well maybe a lot of the problem was the way they were coached (Milanovich) or were not good enough in the first place (Barker).

Liquor Kitty

Quote from: "argonutII"
It seems the players got blamed for not playing good enough. Well maybe a lot of the problem was the way they were coached (Milanovich) or were not good enough in the first place (Barker).

Bang on, but more the former than the later. It has been reported that many players lost respect for Milanovich ... he lost the room.

ArgoT

This is slowly becoming Copeland fiddles while Rome burns.
It's coming up to a month since the team last played.
First it was suggested the so called moratorium during the playoffs and GC for not announcing or making moves, but what the hell is the excuse now.
If the team is going to gas any combination of Copeland, Barker or Milanovich you would think announcement(s) should be made in order to create potential interest in replacement(s).
Surely the team is not trying to find replacements before making moves?
Like the entire year to include the GC pricing fiasco, it seems like nothing comes natural in this keystone cops mentality.

Hail Mary

Hopefully the Argonauts can get this ship turned around and head out to clear sailing  away from the present choppy seas. Shoring up the Defense should be a top priority no matter who is handling the reins next season.

Argonauts est.1873

Would be nice to hear anything about heading forward. I think with Barker and Milo the boat stays sunk in deep water after they crashed going from 4-2 to finish at 5-13. How do these guys keep their jobs?

Hail Mary

A legitimate point @ moving forward, Argonauts est. 1873, sometimes a team has to hit rock bottom to realize they need to chart a different course. Because I'm not familiar with Milo and Barker, I'll reserve judgement on where the blame lies, but like anything else no one person wins or loses all by him/herself. But it's certainly time to restore the blue and white back to the glory days. How do we do that though? Firing people is not always the easy answer, especially when salary cap issues may warrant keeping someone rather than showing them the door only to pay them and a new hire too.

At this point, shoring up the Defense should be the top priority. In order to be competitive on any game day, the Defense should be counted upon to make some timely stops at key intervals during the game.

Users Online

142 Guests, 10 Users (16 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Slomojo2005, Grover, bobo82, drummer_god, Lennywasout, rockfish, Niagara Als, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)