argonutII

Ricky Ray just showed AGAIN that he is a difference maker in this League. Throws the ball where only the receiver can catch it 99% of the time.
Only eight incompletions in which two were knock downs. 

Would have liked to see Fajardo in there at list in the last 5 minutes, but that seems to be Trestman's way. Play for the moment. 

tabbyfan

He is #2 behind Mike Reilly; RR has great down field vision and a wonderful touch to pick the corner of the end zone.  I am not sure why so many are down on him; I thought the ED/A game was great and RR played great also.

He will be in the Hall of Fame and will probably be a coach later on like Dickenson.

argonutII

His arm isn't what it used to be but he still has that "Location Location" with most of his passes. Just like Estrada with the Blue Jays.

drummer_god

Just wish Ray had better quality receivers to throw to. 

ArgoT

I have said last year and the year before he was done.
He proved me 100% wrong with his awesome start in the beginning of the season.
Since then he has come down to earth a bit.
Nevertheless he is getting older and the team has to build for the future and sign a first string QB next year.
James Franklin is everyones pick to be the hottest FA at the end of the year and we should do everything to sign him.

libby

Ray has the softest touch when he has to feather the pass over defenders and into the hands of our receivers. Those types of passes are so difficult and he completes a lot of them. He does throw hard when necessary, but he prefers the long ones. 

Great player. Hope he stays healthy. 

Bayargonaut00

The difference here is that Ricky has been for the large part of his last few seasons very entrenched and immobile in the pocket. 
After getting sacked and tackled throughout the first three quarters, he realized he had to be active even if it's still within the pocket. 
It was wonderful to watch actually, I'm not sure if something clicked inside him, but he was driven to get the down and he started moving. 
Hopefully he can recall this in upcoming games and we can play dominant football. 
No finite point has meaning without an infinite reference point

Slomojo2005

Ricky is good especially given that Trestman has the officials in his back pocket and can whine and get calls to go his way.  No way Argos deserved the win over TiCats last week.  For those of you whom haven't read the rule onass interference that led Review Booth to over-turn an on field call...... here it is.  Simply bullshit call!

RULE 6 - PASSING 
SECTION 4 – FORWARD PASS 
Article 9 – Interference By Both Teams After A Forward Pass Is Thrown
(b) Should the forward pass be thrown across the line of scrimmage, the following shall apply:
(i) Eligible receivers of both teams have an equal right to the ball and are entitled to the positions they occupy.
(vii) It is pass interference by either team when a player physically contacts an opponent creating separation, redirects, restricts or impedes the opponent in a manner that is visually evident and materially affects the opponent’s opportunity to play the ball.  A player who has gained position shall not be considered to have impeded or restricted the opponent in a prohibited manner if all such actions are a bona fide effort to go to and play the ball.

Green should have been tagged with PI not the defender.

Bayargonaut00

Ricky is good especially given that Trestman has the officials in his back pocket and can whine and get calls to go his way.  No way Argos deserved the win over TiCats last week.  For those of you whom haven't read the rule onass interference that led Review Booth to over-turn an on field call...... here it is.  Simply bullshit call!

RULE 6 - PASSING
SECTION 4 – FORWARD PASS
Article 9 – Interference By Both Teams After A Forward Pass Is Thrown
(b) Should the forward pass be thrown across the line of scrimmage, the following shall apply:
(i) Eligible receivers of both teams have an equal right to the ball and are entitled to the positions they occupy.
(vii) It is pass interference by either team when a player physically contacts an opponent creating separation, redirects, restricts or impedes the opponent in a manner that is visually evident and materially affects the opponent’s opportunity to play the ball.  A player who has gained position shall not be considered to have impeded or restricted the opponent in a prohibited manner if all such actions are a bona fide effort to go to and play the ball.

Green should have been tagged with PI not the defender.
Get over it.

If you think trestman has the officials in his pocket, look over his success rate on challenges...  I doubt he's even at 50%

project.legacy

Ray is not the player he once was, and I thought he was done after last season, to a degree he's proven me wrong, but I think it's clear that Ray is nearing the end of the road. The Argos need to find the "next one" soon, Collaros will most likely be an FA at season's end and Franklin is a free agent as well, although I think the Riders will nab Franklin.

The Argos do have some young guys with some potential I suppose, Fajardo looks to play an entertaining style, and Prukop looks intriguing. I don't see much or anything in Bethel Thompson or Matthews. The only thing a know about the new PR QB Wenning, is that he's a pocket QB, which Trestman seems to love.

Iconic SR

Congrats Ricky Ray in reaching 60,000 yds passing. Very elite company. Nice they close out 1st place

argonutII

Ray is not the player he once was, and I thought he was done after last season, to a degree he's proven me wrong, but I think it's clear that Ray is nearing the end of the road. The Argos need to find the "next one" soon, Collaros will most likely be an FA at season's end and Franklin is a free agent as well, although I think the Riders will nab Franklin.

The Argos do have some young guys with some potential I suppose, Fajardo looks to play an entertaining style, and Prukop looks intriguing. I don't see much or anything in Bethel Thompson or Matthews. The only thing a know about the new PR QB Wenning, is that he's a pocket QB, which Trestman seems to love.
Kind of looks like Bethel-Thompson has moved up to the #1 back up going by the game day charts. Fajardo doing the 1 yard plunges and holding for Hajrullahu. Bethel throws a nice ball (in warm ups) and has been around for awhile at age 29, but it would be nice to see him get some playing time in BC.

drummer_god

Ray for MOP
Wilder for Rookie of the year
Trestman for Coach of the year. 
Mcewan for Linemen of the year

pw13

Ray for MOP
Wilder for Rookie of the year
Trestman for Coach of the year.
Mcewan for Linemen of the year
Ray and McEwen will lose to Reilly and Bryant. Wilder will win rookie, Trestman should win coach of the year but I'm not sure he will.

drummer_god

This club made some big improvements over the Milanovich-coached teams of the last couple seasons.

Laing, Butler and Lemon have been a force when all in the lineup at the same time.  

More consistency on offense week in and week out will hopefully bring 12 or more wins next year.

Users Online

98 Guests, 13 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Abendschan, Iconic SR, 97valkyrie, bobo82, Kenobi, FootbalYouBet, Dr.Whiskey, mike619, Mightygoose, Lyle B. Style, TheCrazyCatLady, bedrock, Google (16), Alexa

Most Online Today: 146. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)