argonaut11xx

Sounds like every season ticket holder is getting up to 10 free tickets for the exhibition game. They did this last year also.

Not a good omen.

There is a buzz amongst Argonaut fans, but a silence beyond that group. I really wish the casual GTA sports fan would give the Argo's a chance.

I also don't think that Jeffery's commercial is going to put 15 people in the stands at BMO.
I support L.G.B.T, Liberty Guns Beer Trump .Melting SNOWFLAKES is FUN. Trudeau is an IDIOT

Argofan_1000

Quote from: "argonaut11xx"
Sounds like every season ticket holder is getting up to 10 free tickets for the exhibition game. They did this last year also.

Not a good omen.

There is a buzz amongst Argonaut fans, but a silence beyond that group. I really wish the casual GTA sports fan would give the Argo's a chance.

I also don't think that Jeffery's commercial is going to put 15 people in the stands at BMO.

Casual fans follow the crowd. It will be up to us to create a buzz so people will follow. It will be up to the team to do their part.

Rogers Sportsnet did a poll and they asked if Canadians viewed the CFL as a Iconic in Canada and 60 + % said yes so the fans are still there. I will post it

batkinson001

Argos are far from dead this year especially after yesterday's thrashing of montreal  38-6! Though anytime we run up against Calgary it will seem like it...  Next week not looking too good...

As long as they continue to play like they did yesterday, especially at home, the fans will come back.

Argos season ticket holder 2010-2014, 2016-2017
Member of the Double Blue Order, Section 116 in the Fan Zone at BMO Field.

argonaut11xx

On the field the Argo's are VERY much alive. With a Healthy Ricky Ray, the Argo's should represent the East in the Grey Cup.

BUT

The Ex game drew 16K, still a CRAPPY crowd. Hopefully with all Saturday home games for the balance of the season attendance will pickup. Any crowd under 20K is a FAILURE in a market of 6 million.

drummer_god

Other than the upper east side - which has seen some fantastic promo offers this season - the Argos continue to price themselves like a major league property in a market that perceives them as a minor league property. 

The argos will never sell out unless they either price themselves accordingly at all areas of the stadium, OR the market changes their perception of the team. 

I'd say, they need to do the first to eventually - over many years - become the second. 

batkinson001

On the field the Argo's are VERY much alive. With a Healthy Ricky Ray, the Argo's should represent the East in the Grey Cup.

BUT

The Ex game drew 16K, still a CRAPPY crowd. Hopefully with all Saturday home games for the balance of the season attendance will pickup. Any crowd under 20K is a FAILURE in a market of 6 million.
16k is FAR from crappy, but is is definitely no sell out..  it is the best attendance all season so far.  Hopefully it can keep increasing throughout the season as long as the argos keep winning at home and keep promoting the upcoming games.

argonutII

Other than the upper east side - which has seen some fantastic promo offers this season - the Argos continue to price themselves like a major league property in a market that perceives them as a minor league property.

The argos will never sell out unless they either price themselves accordingly at all areas of the stadium, OR the market changes their perception of the team.

I'd say, they need to do the first to eventually - over many years - become the second.
I think there is some merit to that. I pay 55.00 in the lower second level for tickets and the special day tickets are being advertised for 15.00. Somewhere in between might be a better price. 

batkinson001

I think there is some merit to that. I pay 55.00 in the lower second level for tickets and the special day tickets are being advertised for 15.00. Somewhere in between might be a better price.
You shouldn't have to worry about the cheap tix as they are, at least for this season, exclusively for the upper deck, which shouldn't affect you as you don't sit up there.

Users Online

136 Guests, 8 Users (7 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
dcmoses, PTBO Dave, EastVanMark, Grover, hawthy, yougottabekidding, Taleback, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)