Teams > Toronto Argonauts

Argos acquire James Franklin

(1/2) > >>

Iconic SR:
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/12/11/argos-acquire-rights-qb-james-franklin-trade-eskimos/

My guess is Ricky Ray retires.

argonutII:
Sign them both to a 200,000 base salary plus time played. Trestman promises to get Franklin into just about every game to gain more experience. Then Ray retires to Coach in 2019 and Franklin's salary jumps to 500,000 and full time starter. 

Sounds simple to me. 

Argofan_1000:

--- Quote from: argonutII on Dec 12 2017, 01:49 PM ---Sign them both to a 200,000 base salary plus time played. Trestman promises to get Franklin into just about every game to gain more experience. Then Ray retires to Coach in 2019 and Franklin's salary jumps to 500,000 and full time starter.

Sounds simple to me.

--- End quote ---
I think this is close to what will happen.

ArgoT:
If Ricky is not coming back, I would try to sign him to a multi year first string type deal to stay.
Why not, if for some reason it does not work just let him go since the football contracts are not guaranteed.
For what I have seen he should be a franchise player if he decides to stay in our league.

GernB:

--- Quote from: argonutII on Dec 12 2017, 01:49 PM ---Sign them both to a 200,000 base salary plus time played. Trestman promises to get Franklin into just about every game to gain more experience. Then Ray retires to Coach in 2019 and Franklin's salary jumps to 500,000 and full time starter.

Sounds simple to me.

--- End quote ---
A la Wilkinson/Moon in the Esks' dynasty years. Great idea if they can make it work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version