ticats4242ticats

Dear enemy. 

I am writing this as a die-hard and season ticket holder of my beloved Hamilton TIGER-CATS! 

But even I am becoming concerned about the attendance in Toronto and wanted to hear from the “double blue” faithful what their thoughts are. 

With MLSE taking over your team and taking the long term approach I thought that would have a boost in attendance but based on this game vs EDM that seems to not be the case. 

Do the Argos need to move ? (Varsity, Mississauga)

Do the Argos need to just keep plugging along ?
(trust MLSE)

Is the CFL as a league dead in Toronto?

What does everyone think ? I’m very curious where the fan bar stands. 

Mightygoose

Yeah wanted to see a better crowd today as well. But they just need to plug along IMO.

Manning said it will take about 10 years to rebuild the fanbase.

Second home game traditionally drops from the home opener.

Last year the second home game drew 11,219. Also a nice summer day vs. a western opponent who is not a good draw and head to head with the Jays. Plus last year ST package included 4 free tickets for every season ticket.

Today's announced attendance of 12,196 is no means a good crowd but it is progress. The home opener was 3,000 better than last season's which was vs. the Ti-Cats.

pw13

The current ownership is dealing with the after-effects of 35 years of neglect and sometimes downright abuse by previous ownership groups. It is going to take years to get back to 20k averages -- five to seven years IMO. 

Moving the team is a brutally bad idea. There is no "central" and easily accessible location in the GTA other than where they are. A move to Mississauga, or Pickering, or anywhere else will drive away some of the existing fans, which is the last thing the franchise needs.

rshmglsky

As a perk the Argos should give away tickets for away games. Maybe there's a diehard Argo fan who hasn't been to the new stadium yet or has business out West. There are plenty of empty seats in Saskatchewan (and elsewhere). Surely it wouldn't hurt the league to find a pair of empty seats. Maybe even a sponsorship with an airline.

Users Online

109 Guests, 9 Users (19 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rshmglsky, Abendschan, Espo, RM14, 2ez, Balticfox, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)