Allek

Pretty sure Jones is being scratching his head for all of us. Do I or should I, or I wonder if, or should I just get a signature and bite the bullet. Not like there's options hanging at every street corner (QB Mike Reilly-half price till Tuesday with 10% down.) Guess the best way to sum it up is Jones got us here, with some real fun to watch ball. Our teams still building, Zach and Bridge each need more building. Add Glenn as coach I'm hoping. A few key additions here and there and this team is bringing a division final into the best house in the country. I'll step out on a limb here and assume after some debt restructuring the club is back in black and about to start rolling in serious green again. Pretty amazing turn-around, never a dull moment, it could have been a h*ll of a lot worse, and a h*ll of a lot longer. Gotta trust CJ on this one..  
Once a Rider fan, always a Rider fan.

everyman

Gotta hand it to Jones. Very focused on his goals and goes and gets them.
Much like his mentor Bill Parcells it seems.

PrideLivesHere

Sad to see Glen get the boot - again, but that is Pro-Sports. From a fan's perspective - it sucks, but salary cap had to be given up somewhere.

Welcome Zach to Rider Nation.

Now time to beef up that O-Line to protect all these QBs.

Go Riders.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Riderville - Where Football Matters.

joe

I pray for a drought to hit Sask followed by a pestilence of grasshoppers and a crazy wind that never ever stops blowing.

hopefully within forum guidelines

Allek

I pray for a drought to hit Sask followed by a pestilence of grasshoppers and a crazy wind that never ever stops blowing.

Feel better now??

nowhereman

Solid contribution, everybody is now so much more enriched and the world is a better place because of your wisdom and insight

[/sarcasm]

GC Bound

Solid contribution, everybody is now so much more enriched and the world is a better place because of your wisdom and insight

[/sarcasm]
LOL

Allek

So has Zach been signed to a contract, or are they still trying to negotiate terms and details and fineprint. 

depopulationINC

So has Zach been signed to a contract, or are they still trying to negotiate terms and details and fineprint.
Still negotiating, but sounds to be extremely close.  I would imagine the big poke on it all is the 200k due Feb 1.

Allek

Thanks Depopulation, that would explain why I couldn't find anything with him being inked. Displaying #17 at pressy might have been a tad premature. Hope not, think he could be a good addition to the club providing we don't have to give up all our great receivers, etc to afford a QB. I'm sure Jonesie is on top of his game plan. I see from reading tons of different opinions, forums, and reviews, etc from sports writers and others that Zach to Sask and Bridge puts the Riders in a favorable position in our QB department. Hope so, haven't heard that in a long time,  time will tell the true tale.

depopulationINC

It is a bit odd that they have done that...but both sides want it done and he is technically signed and a roster player...now if he were to not renegotiate he likely wouldn't see February 1.  Both sides are expressing that a new contract "will happen"

And yeah...beyond Zach and Bridge, remember that there was a lot of hype on Adams when he came into the league and a lot of the right people thought he had a big future.  I am also looking forward to seeing Williams...didn't see him much in camp as he came half way but he picked things up crazy fast

GC Bound

It is a bit odd that they have done that...but both sides want it done and he is technically signed and a roster player...now if he were to not renegotiate he likely wouldn't see February 1.  Both sides are expressing that a new contract "will happen"

And yeah...beyond Zach and Bridge, remember that there was a lot of hype on Adams when he came into the league and a lot of the right people thought he had a big future.  I am also looking forward to seeing Williams...didn't see him much in camp as he came half way but he picked things up crazy fast
Well one thing for sure, We are sitting way, waaaaay better then this time last year for both short term and long term QB security!!

nowhereman

A little off this topic, but another aspect to consider is, if/when there’s an Atlantic team in 2019/20 (or whenever), teams have to set up for another expansion draft. We have to prepare to not protect some assets, one of which may be a QB. Just throwing that out there.

Allek

Well it sounds like a deal has been inked. Took a while but I have confidence that Jonesie put a deal together everyone can afford.
https://www.cfl.ca/2018/01/19/riders-sign-collaros-restructured-deal/

nowhereman

Apparently all hard money, no incentives 😳 (according to Dunk 🤷‍♂️)
“The Riders newest quarterback was scheduled to make $540,000 in 2018, $200,000 of which was due as an off-season bonus February 1. The Riders and 29-year-old pivot agreed to a restructured deal worth $430,000 in hard money including $225,000 up front. There are no playtime incentives in the contract.”

http://3downnation.com/2018/01/19/details-on-riders-and-zach-collaros-restructured-contract/

Users Online

121 Guests, 1 User (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Onemoredork, Yahoo!, Google (4)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)