bohdon

I think the price (Collaros) is a bit high, considering he's 1 loss away from setting an all time CFL record (100 and what GCs?).

The amount I can live with only if it is incentive based, you produce and we're fine with paying this.

With what it is now if Collaros comes out of the gates without the required confidence it takes to lead a team.... our best choice would be to outright release him....He don't need to be a superman just a manager of the offense. He's shown in the past that he is very capable, his recent past was not so nice.

Luckily our #2 guy is also capable.  Going this route seems to me that signing Bridge was a bigger priority.

Only time will tell how this will all unfold.

Iconic SR

I'm placing faith in Jones and Murphy decision making that they believe this required leadership is what Collaros will automatically add to the club and is a key reason why he's making $430K.

Because as you said - if he doesn't provide this, we don't need him. 

StormRider1

Can't say I am a big fan of this signing, time will tell, still think Bridge has great potential but again, time will tell. Should be an interesting season to say the least.

Iconic SR

Can't say I am a big fan of this signing, time will tell, still think Bridge has great potential but again, time will tell. Should be an interesting season to say the least.
Is it the $ Collaros got, or are you concerned about his capabilities?

Riderman

I am concerned about Collaros's capabilities right now. If he rebounds he's worth every penny, but last year he looked very, very broken. Some guys can recover from that, but some guys can't. If Collaros can't regain form, the Riders QB strategy will turn out to be a very poor and curious one.

Iconic SR

I am concerned about Collaros's capabilities right now. If he rebounds he's worth every penny, but last year he looked very, very broken. Some guys can recover from that, but some guys can't. If Collaros can't regain form, the Riders QB strategy will turn out to be a very poor and curious one.
Maybe it’s just me but I’m getting the vibe here that you’re not too happy with how Chris Jones is building his team? Just my observation, anyway. 

About Collaros, he has to prove himself to earn his 2018 pay and if he can’t work out and compete in camp and excel as a starter - he may not be here is sorta how I’m thinking Jones will manage that spot. One of Jones first comments after the east final loss was that we NEED to improve at QB. Jones’ expectations are very high of both Bridge and Collaros. It’s up to them to still earn their spot 

Riderman

I'm happy with Jones...I'm just not big on taking risks. He is...it works for him. I like it when he proves me wrong.

StormRider1

Both, I really want to see what Bridge can do. he's young so mistakes will be made, but he has a strong arm can run and reminds me of Riley. This kid has a great chance to be great. Time will tell. I hope Zach plays like he is on fire again, but I have my doubts!!

Iconic SR

Both, I really want to see what Bridge can do. he's young so mistakes will be made, but he has a strong arm can run and reminds me of Riley. This kid has a great chance to be great. Time will tell. I hope Zach plays like he is on fire again, but I have my doubts!!
I’d like to see a healthy dose of both QBs seeing game action and not because of injury or mediocrity from one of them, rather just a strategy to throw off opponents defence and play to each QBs strengths. I expect to see this same approach from Trestman in Toronto this season with the talent he has in the position. I believe our CFL game is slowly pushing the envelope towards a 2 QB offensive system simply because defences are becoming more complex and injuries to QBs are frequent.

Glovesave

Sadly after his last knee injury he came back with less mobility and his plant and throw on the short routes were off and I think there were some confidence issues.  He took too many easy sacks that he escaped from prior to injury.  I hope he does well for you. He is a professional and good locker room leader.

GC Bound

I personally think Zach has definitely got the physical abilities needed as well as the desire, my only concern with Zach is his 'mental toughness' and the ability to focus through doubt.

I hope we have a gem here, and little bit of a Mat Dunigan mental toughness wouldn't hurt.
IMHO, I think we'll have a good idea of his confidence level by the 4th. game we play.

Users Online

99 Guests, 15 Users (18 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Espo, ExPat, schmenger, Iconic SR, brianjoxx, FootbalYouBet, Onemoredork, heapbag, Wildcat42, Lyle B. Style, JackHammer41, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 172. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)