nythril

If drew pulls off the win ... we may not see dd on the field again this year

depopulationINC

If drew pulls off the win ... we may not see dd on the field again this year
I don't think we will either way....He was listed 3rd string
I guess they might start him in Regina

Iconic SR

I'm thinking backup material. DD doesn't seem to have that leadership qualities that could make him more valuable. His salary, lack of performance & lack of leadership skills, plus history of injury all working against him now. 

Where are all those who wanted to run Chris Jones out of town now??

Had we signed Getzlaf, Dressler, Chick, and Durant to what they demanded - we would be paying $1.2 million/yr for that privilege. Yikes. 

StormRider1

I'm thinking backup material. DD doesn't seem to have that leadership qualities that could make him more valuable. His salary, lack of performance & lack of leadership skills, plus history of injury all working against him now.

Where are all those who wanted to run Chris Jones out of town now??

Had we signed Getzlaf, Dressler, Chick, and Durant to what they demanded - we would be paying $1.2 million/yr for that privilege. Yikes.
I still don't like Jones... still want the ego ahole gone. As for DD like here, he has no front line to give him time, hard to win games when you run for your life almost every play. DD's main problem always has been he needs more time for reads than most not a good thing for a QB, but if he gets that time, he can cut you apart!!... Dressler still put up 1000 yards plus last season. Getz never could catch an easy ball, was not surprised to see him gone when he went. Chick is still a beast!! There salaries needed to come done, yah.. ok but how it all went down was wrong Jones never wanted any of them here, so he found a way to get rid of them, how he did it was just wrong.

Iconic SR

The bigger picture that exists beyond your dislike for Jones - is that Jones was brought in to rebuild and NOT sign bloated salaries to players past their prime. He's done/doing exactly that, and it's never an easy or fun task for mgmt, player or fan. We get that. While I recognize that many, many fans would love to lay their heads on their pillows each night knowing that their fave players are signed to fat contracts keeping them here forever, while we win 3 or 4 games per year - but let's face it - this doesn't get us anywhere near sustainable success over the long term, nor is this what the club mgmt and most fans want. Players will always come and go, get over it.

Winning consistently means making tough decisions and we now have a tough decision maker who works harder than most in pro sports. I'm happy with this new direction. 

Go RIDERS!!

GC Bound

I suspect there are many fans that like Jones now that didn't a year ago.
I agree "wins" is what its about and great player do come and go.
I've supported the Riders for over 50 years and I can tell you, its been hard many times because there have been some "really great ones" come and go in that period of time including Lancaster and Reed and Hugh Campbell, Elgard, Abendschan, Brock, McQuarters and dozens, dozens more.
The longer players play for the Riders, the harder it is to accept their leaving(for what ever reason and regardless of coach and manager)
It happens and will always happen.
Go Riders Go

Iconic SR

I suspect there are many fans that like Jones now that didn't a year ago.
I agree "wins" is what its about and great player do come and go.
I've supported the Riders for over 50 years and I can tell you, its been hard many times because there have been some "really great ones" come and go in that period of time including Lancaster and Reed and Hugh Campbell, Elgard, Abendschan, Brock, McQuarters and dozens, dozens more.
The longer players play for the Riders, the harder it is to accept their leaving(for what ever reason and regardless of coach and manager)
It happens and will always happen.
Go Riders Go
Very true. And modern technology like smartphones, tablets, the web and social media all give us WAY more team info than ever before - so we naturally feel more informed and engaged with the club. That doesn't change the big goal tho - of winning more Grey Cups, and to do that it becomes all about squeezing the most out of a team budget. Considering we did it the old way (hanging onto favorites too long) for about 96yrs (1910 - 2006) and won only 2 Grey Cups in that time, and have been doing it the new way since 2007, and have won 2 GCs in 10yrs, it looks like the new way is the best way.
Go Riders!!

ed ohmnes

Iconic SR

I wonder if we have seen the last of DD in the cfl ?
Backup material at less than half his current salary maybe. Gotta get released first because nobody wanted him prior to the trade deadline.

Good thing Darian got that huge celebration under his belt after we blew a FG in Game 1, because that's all the game related celebrating he's gonna be seeing for a long time. Although to fall back on - he always has the warm fuzzy feeling of successfully duping a team into paying him his ridiculous demands. That's gotta feel good.

ed ohmnes

Now this next game against Calgary is where I would like to see a durant play for the rider , he was always a stamp killer.  Loved the playoff game in Calgary where he destroyed them, 2013 I think.  But I guess we’ll go with what we got.  Maybe bridge gets thrown in if Kevin gets sacked too much.  Should be a good game regardless.  Duron will be fun too watch.

ed ohmnes

Wow that was just what I was wishing for, good job team.

Iconic SR

Now this next game against Calgary is where I would like to see a durant play for the rider , he was always a stamp killer.  Loved the playoff game in Calgary where he destroyed them, 2013 I think.  But I guess we’ll go with what we got.  Maybe bridge gets thrown in if Kevin gets sacked too much.  Should be a good game regardless.  Duron will be fun too watch.
Despite being a huge fan in the past of Darian Durant and his accomplishments here, it would be cancerous to have him back in the locker room. DD is only worried about DD, not much else, while we have loftier goals in sight and we have the guys (not making $500K) who can do the job. 

ed ohmnes

Well it looks like the riders have found their q.b. Fix, if they need to use all 3 in the game so be it.  Doesn’t bother me at all. 

StormRider1

Yes... Bridge is really coming on, he is playing with a lot more maturity for his age and experience, he will only get better, but with that said, he really did not light it up either in this game, but then again, the Stamps have one tough D. Really starting to like this kid!! maybe over winter it will end up Franklin who?? BD deserves a hard look now I think!

ed ohmnes

I don’t think they need to look franklins way at all.  Wouldn’t he be looking to go to the nfl anyways,?    I think bridge could easily stay here and take over if that’s the way they want to go.  

Users Online

56 Guests, 4 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
cheater, Mightygoose, ed ohmnes, Sidney, Google (8), Baidu

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)