Iconic SR

Yes... Bridge is really coming on, he is playing with a lot more maturity for his age and experience, he will only get better, but with that said, he really did not light it up either in this game, but then again, the Stamps have one tough D. Really starting to like this kid!! maybe over winter it will end up Franklin who?? BD deserves a hard look now I think!
Conditions were pretty shitty out there last night, was not surprised it wasn't a great passing game, and definitely not indicative of any shortfall from Bridge. He moved out of the pocket well and created some yardage that Glenn would not have been able to. Great athletic ability just needs more reps. I'm totally comfortable moving forward with Bridge and Adams as our future one two QB combo. 

depopulationINC

I don’t think they need to look franklins way at all.  Wouldn’t he be looking to go to the nfl anyways,?    I think bridge could easily stay here and take over if that’s the way they want to go.  
Still going to be looking at him...make no mistake
Remember that Bridge is a pending FA.

depopulationINC

Yes... Bridge is really coming on, he is playing with a lot more maturity for his age and experience, he will only get better, but with that said, he really did not light it up either in this game, but then again, the Stamps have one tough D. Really starting to like this kid!! maybe over winter it will end up Franklin who?? BD deserves a hard look now I think!
Conditions were pretty shitty out there last night, was not surprised it wasn't a great passing game, and definitely not indicative of any shortfall from Bridge. He moved out of the pocket well and created some yardage that Glenn would not have been able to. Great athletic ability just needs more reps. I'm totally comfortable moving forward with Bridge and Adams as our future one two QB combo.

Bridge made a couple pretty bad decisions...100% he is going to get chewed out for pressing a couple tiny windows in slick conditions and with a lead where he needs to be a game manager, not "make it happen."   He played well...don't get me wrong...but those are the decisions that staff members will ride hard with the system they have in place.

Iconic SR

I don’t think they need to look franklins way at all.  Wouldn’t he be looking to go to the nfl anyways,?    I think bridge could easily stay here and take over if that’s the way they want to go.  
Still going to be looking at him...make no mistake
Remember that Bridge is a pending FA.
BB sure seems motivated to affect change at the QB position re: ratios PLUS promoting Canadian  content at the position in general. Will he be more successful doing that as a Saskatchewan Roughrider (with the higher exposure/viewership) than he could be anywhere else? Assuming we are offering what the market is. 

Lerminx

I too think some of his (BB) decisions were suspect to be honest. A couple could easily have been game changers if the Stamps had a bit more luck. And his running and straight arm to the mask of defenders with his throwing hand quite honestly doesn't speak volumes for his decision making. But maybe I'm being too picky, he is still young and developing, regardless I am not yet sold that he is the future, and am pleased to see the stance Jones is taking re: sticking with Glenn as starter.

depopulationINC

I too think some of his (BB) decisions were suspect to be honest. A couple could easily have been game changers if the Stamps had a bit more luck. And his running and straight arm to the mask of defenders with his throwing hand quite honestly doesn't speak volumes for his decision making. But maybe I'm being too picky, he is still young and developing, regardless I am not yet sold that he is the future, and am pleased to see the stance Jones is taking re: sticking with Glenn as starter.
no, you are not.  You know darned well this is what coaches are looking at as well.  

Not bashing Bridge here or anything, but he is a contender for the long term, so it is this stuff that needs to be looked at.  Staff will coach him on it and see how he responds.  His biggest knock is still being a "with the lights on" QB.  It is great that he steps up and he has been a lot more consistent in practice, but it is still a strong contrast.  That hurts development of chemistry and expansion of a playbook.

ed ohmnes

Yes Brandon has a lot to learn, so just give him a chance , he needs to be coached up,  and he’s finally getting some much neede game time playing experience,and good their giving Adams some time where they can to.  It will only help if they need it in the playoffs.

LeStaf

Fast forward to now, where everyone is wondering why Darian sucks? Answer: he doesn't have success and other leaders surrounding him.
Comme quart-arrière expérimenté, Durant devait être un leader important de cette équipe. Il y avait d'autres bons leaders dans cette équipe, comme Nik Lewis, Kyries Hebert, Luc Brodeur-Jourdain, Samuel Giguère, John Bowman et Tyrell Sutton. Durant n'a apparemment pas installé le leadership qu'on aurait pu attendre de sa part.

Maintenant, pourquoi a-t-il foiré à Montréal? Lui seul détient la clé. La ligne offensive avec laquelle il a entrepris la saison n'était pas mal (Olafyoye, Matte, Brodeur-Jourdain, Blake et Simmons), mais comme l'entraîneur de la ligne offensive était Paul Charbonneau, il ne fallait pas s'attendre à des miracles. Kris Sweet aurait eu de meilleurs résultats, à n'en pas douter. D'autre part, Durant est grandement responsable de ses propres malheurs à Montréal. Il ne faisait pas de bonnes lectures, prenait trop de risques inutiles et, avouons-le, manquait terriblement de précision. Dans cette partie contre Ottawa au mois de septembre, il a lancé 4 fois le ballon au sol alors que son receveur était à peine à 10 verges de lui, dont 3 fois sans un seul adversaire à 3 verges de lui. C'était pathétique et les huées n'ont pas tardé à se faire entendre à son endroit. À mon avis, il les méritait.

Depuis la partie à Toronto (le jour de son anniversaire) où l'attaque des Alouettes a compté un total de 0 points, Durant a perdu la confiance de quelques receveurs (Jackson, Underwood, Cunningham).  Ils ne voulaient plus aller à la guerre pour lui parce qu'il n'a pas été en mesure qu'il pouvait leur donner du succès.  Il les mettait souvent en danger, prenait de mauvaises décisions de jeu et lançait souvent derrière eux. Si ceci s'était corrigé dans les parties qui ont suivi, les choses auraient pu se passer différemment. Mais Durant ne s'est pas amélioré.  Il n'a pas livré la marchandise et de ce fait, il a perdu la crédibilité pour assumer le leadership qu'il était censé apporter à cette équipe.

Le congédient de Chapdelaine et Thorpe n'a rien eu pour aider, et les blessures qui ont suivi non plus (surtout celles de Blake et Olafyoye), mais il demeure que dans l'ensemble, le jeu même de Durant n'était pas à la hauteur des attentes, je dirais même de ses propres attentes.

C'est malheureux à dire, mais je trouve rétrospectivement que Jones avait raison à son sujet. Il est rendu à un point de sa carrière où il ne peut plus accomplir ce qu'il a déjà réussi.  Il n'a apparemment pas développé les outils qu'il faut pour être un quart-arrière de premier plan à l'âge qu'il a.  Il fait trop d'erreurs dans ses lectures de défensives ou de couverture et manque trop de précision.  Je ne lui souhaite que du bien, mais pour ma part, l'expérience Durant à Montréal devrait être terminée. La bonne affaire pour lui, c'est que c'est son admirateur #1 qui est le directeur-général de l'équipe, alors il va sans doute le garder pour l'an prochain. Une erreur de plus à sa fiche, qui serait fatale aux Alouettes. Et quand je dis fatale, je veux vraiment dire fatale.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Iconic SR

IMO he knows he's severely limited due to his tendon issues but at same time he knows the CFL has issues getting QBs. Plus he's banking on that his status can cash more cheques for him before everyone catches on. So he plays his games and goes for the $. His head is messed up along with his injuries.

Then there's the fake injuries.....

As you said, Kavis is playing the same kinds of games so they're akin. Bad bad stuff for Montreal

depopulationINC

IMO he knows he's severely limited due to his tendon issues but at same time he knows the CFL has issues getting QBs. Plus he's banking on that his status can cash more cheques for him before everyone catches on. So he plays his games and goes for the $. His head is messed up along with his injuries.

Then there's the fake injuries.....

As you said, Kavis is playing the same kinds of games so they're akin. Bad bad stuff for Montreal
Yeah...i don't think so.  He showed nothing for physical effects in his game in 2016 except maybe a slight loss in acceleration.  He didn't magically regress from his injury a year later.  Tendon issues is hogwash and another chance to bash your whipping boy.

Him not being in sync at all with the o has zilch to do with the injury.  Pretty out there comment.  Durant has often struggled with new receivers....This was a Whole new team.  The locker room has been a mess all season because Kavis was roped into keeping the staff and he hated jc and Thorpe.. .Likely because their knowledge put his to shame.  They had issues with one another going back to 15...some pretty public.  That rubbed off some and when things went south there was never a hope with the chemistry and crackpot rebuild...things spiraled for Durant and then eventually the team as a whole. 

Yeah...he played really bad this season....not all of that is on him by any means but a pile of it is...but that has nothing to do with his previous big injuries.  He's proven he was over it. 

Iconic SR

So is what you're saying that if everything is perfect, a half million $ veteran QB can do some stuff for his club on the field and in the locker room? 

You really miss him don't you?

ed ohmnes

Who knows maybe hufnagle picks him up . The stamps could use another backup. I’m sure if he wants to play bad enough he will take a cut in pay. That ship has sailed here though.

depopulationINC

So is what you're saying that if everything is perfect, a half million $ veteran QB can do some stuff for his club on the field and in the locker room?

he is not a half a million dollar QB and you are all over the map trying to bash the man...pretty sad.

you have some serious issues.

GC Bound

Yeh I don't get what this DD thing is with some folks.
That was all yesterday!

StormRider1

he is not a half a million dollar QB and you are all over the map trying to bash the man...pretty sad.

you have some serious issues.
Hey Depop, I think Iconic is whom use to be Greenrider, he also like to Bash DD, And Iconic has avoided this comment now 3 times, LOL... I agree, give it a rest, DD's gone, he is still a good QB, Montreal is not all his fault. I want to see Bridge get an extension asap!! That's a real concern, not DD

Users Online

58 Guests, 3 Users (8 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Sidney, Burris1, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)