JimmytheGreek

The west is the powerhouse this year. For the Riders they would have to nearly win out the rest of the season to get into the top 3 .... and even the cross over which the Bombers are a lock for .... is basically out of reach unless the bombers go on a long losing streak.

It's time to start Bridge the rest of the season - there is no value in playing Glenn at this point. Glenn is and has been a great QB but the time to build the QB of the future is now - and not next season.

Not saying your wrong but unless Glenn is hurt I can`t see  Bridge getting the start. Jones hooked his wagon to Glenn and like everything else Jones is too stubborn or stupid to change it until it is too late. Point in case is the 3 man rush. We have stuck with it game in and game out and have gotten burned more times then its worked but Jones refuses to accept that and bring pressure. You have  Williams, Rainey, etc who can kill you with speed so you allow Lulay plenty of time to get open which they will do and tare apart the  secondary.  Does Jones learn from it, nope just keeps on  going with it game after game after game and loss after loss after loss. Now do you think he is going to change up for next week. I sure don`t and probably will be shocked when the secondary gets trashed again.  So don`t look for Jones to make a change a qb either.

Oh and so much for the vaunted defense with the hand of doom showing up.  A total joke of a game and effort.     

StormRider1

Another joke of a game, I can't even blame Glenn, Macadoo wow such great play calling 5 yarders all night. This team now sucks in 2 phases, our O line sucks as does our D... 3 years now, 12 more games and no play-offs and jones better be gone. along with pencil pusher Reynolds. I will again say it... cheap pay, cheap players, cheap team. >:(

nythril

This year it will take a record of 10-6 just to compete for the cross over in the west. The Riders have 12 games left and with 2 wins would need to win 8 of 12 down the stretch just to compete for 4th. 4 wins may get you second place in the east this year - the west is dominating.

I just can't see the riders winning 8 of 12 this year. Even if they sweep the 5 remaining games with eastern teams ...... they would be hard pressed to win 3 or 4 games against western teams.

Not saying they are eliminated already, just the odds of making the play offs this year started as a long shot and are now the slimmest of odds for them.

The Riders need to find out now if Bridge is the next QB or not. If he is given 8 or more games and doesn't cut it we still have time to work on who will QB in 2018. If we wait till next season to start working on it - then barring a miracle that's 2 more years of losing.

We have alot of the pieces already, barring a few spots ..... If we tank the next 2 years we will lose the gems we have now and will have to build all over ..... yet again.

So here's hoping that at the minimum we see a tandem equal play time the rest of the season at QB

StormRider1

This needs to be said also, Demoski had a great season start,  now he rides the pine for most of the game, this kid will only get better. His contract is due this season end, without allowing him to playa lot more, I see him signing with his home town Bombers who I am sure will let him play first string. Jones is such an idiot!!

Taleback

Pretty sure this is how the season will play out but not till after Labour day. Jones has to make it look like he hasn't thrown in the towel on the season until mathematics  dictate it's over, which will be Banjo bowl at the latest.

depopulationINC

Not shocking they lost...like some of us chatted on...the goal was 1 of the next 3, if lucky, 2.  The season really comes down to the back to back against the Bombers...which they essentially have to win both of....kinda been the situation since they failed in the first meeting.  They do need to show a hell of a lot better this week though. 

Muamba was really disappointing in the middle and IMO the dud of the game.  He needs to show a lot better than that...otherwise put in Grondin or someone else.

MacAdoo continues to be a disappointment. 

I can't complain about what Glenn has done but they need to mix things up and give someone else a shot.

ed ohmnes

Yes indeed, if you remember back the year Reilly started for the eskies, they handed him the ball and gave him the whole season to learn,  they went 3 and 15 I think ,  but that is what is needed  to let these new quarterbacks learn I think,  as long as you have a guy your confident in to hand the ball over too.  Be it bridge or the the other guy,  and in our case we still have glen if things get out of hand. It could change for the good to, you won't know till you try.  

Abendschan

I have a feeling Jennings is going to get the start in the return match at Mosaic. One thing is certain, much needed W to keep pace with Winnipeg, the thought of the Bombers that may be 5-2 is irking. Go Riders
Empire Stadium Nov. 1st 1970 -  Autograph by Jack Abendschan

Abendschan

Lions have new company with the Bomber win. Riders can pressure it up with a win, me thinks the pressure now is on BC.

ed ohmnes

I got to admit, that was impressive.  Looked like a completely diff. Team. Labbatte seemed to make a diff. At centre to,  the offence was smooth , and Glen had good protection most of the night.   Good to see bridge get in there too.  Not sure why they were so good tonight , but it was good.

GC Bound

I got to admit, that was impressive.  Looked like a completely diff. Team. Labbatte seemed to make a diff. At centre to,  the offence was smooth , and Glen had good protection most of the night.   Good to see bridge get in there too.  Not sure why they were so good tonight , but it was good.
I'm also not sure why all cylinders were firing consistently all game. Very exciting game to watch.
Now a bye -week and time to prepare for Edmonton. Sooner or later we have got to put some wins in a row and against Edmonton would "make the statement" and set up momentum for the second half of the Season.
Go Riders Go

depopulationINC

I'm also not sure why all cylinders were firing consistently all game. Very exciting game to watch.
Now a bye -week and time to prepare for Edmonton. Sooner or later we have got to put some wins in a row and against Edmonton would "make the statement" and set up momentum for the second half of the Season.
Go Riders Go

Moncrief made Muamba more comfortable...I thought that was pretty obvious as Muamba had his best game as a Rider.  I had a lot of hope in him since camp and was glad to see him have a pretty darned impressive first game
No knock on Lyles...he has played alright...but the deep ball coverage was blanketed in this game...hands down the most ready secondary we have seen in a while.
OL with Dennis at RG and 3 imports playing was impressive.  Dennis is banged up so the opportunity to move him off LT was huge and Campbell showed why they traded for him before last season.  I like 3 nationals on the line...but tough to argue with a success like this....they need to start  moving some OL depth though because they can't ride these guys forever.

Users Online

200 Guests, 12 Users (17 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
safetyblitz, vampiresquid, GHT120, cheater, Chewbaca1973, catfish, Grover, PatLynch, Yahoo!, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)