Abendschan

Started out as a game thread that derailed - To rest the blame I got no time for this, this morning.
Go Rider D
Empire Stadium Nov. 1st 1970 -  Autograph by Jack Abendschan

depopulationINC

IMO it all depends on pressure.  I have not rewatched the last game...only segments.  I thought it was perhaps the most announced of the season how much better the D looks when bringing 4.  BC likes the longball so you need to bring a lot of heat.  It was funny watching the first quarter or so again today...basically all but one play with 4 man rush worked out well, and all but 1 with 3 was a fail.  I get mixing it up...but I think it needs to be like 10-15% 3 man.

Sask was a -3 or 4 a couple weeks ago, but is a -1 now...good job.  That is an awesome trend....but they are still last in the league for forced turnovers....they are simply not turning it over themselves.  Well...they are probably due to turn one over, so the D needs to step it up and create one or two themselves.

BC has been stingy for Run D....but their passing D has not been as strong as I thought it would be.  What do you do when you are up against a strung run D...you try to cram it down their throats and beat the best part of their D....that will REALLY loosen things up if it has success.  Meanwhile, the riders run D has been middle of the pack (they have looked good, Stamps game aside) and they actually host the lowest completion rate against...problem being that pass efficiency (QB rating) has been high...meaning that with surrendering low completion % that they are giving up way too many busts...as we know.  With BC (and Edmonton) loving to attack in that manner they need to step that up (Lyles) here and now....perhaps AJ Jefferson gets a look?  These 2 stats are critical because it plays into the strengths of the Esks and the Lions O...the next 3 opponents.

oh...Also not sure about Chris Williams...he is due to come off the 6 but not sure if he is actually ready to play.  Rainey and Williams on the field is a lil scary

StormRider1

Quote from: "Abendschan"
All hype about BC ya know, I don't feel Lions are as good as it seems. In the Den BC does well - I feel a split happening in the back to back games. It does get pretty loud for visiting teams inside Mosaic, "The House of Doom".

I have to say the new digs get a lot louder than the old digs!! It's loud!! :rockin:

JimmytheGreek

All hype about BC ya know, I don't feel Lions are as good as it seems. In the Den BC does well - I feel a split happening in the back to back games. It does get pretty loud for visiting teams inside Mosaic, "The House of Doom".

Lol House of Doom is a bit exaggerated now isn't it? ;)

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "

Lol House of Doom is a bit exaggerated now isn't it? ;)
Carter started up Hand of Doom - DB following Duron around eventually lost vision soon after finding out what's really going on. Great opportunity now for Rider team winning at Mosiac, visiting teams will soon find out what it means to play in Mosaic's House of Doom - OC game plan falls apart.

Hand of Doom by [Black Sabbath] quickly turned into Carter night when the DB lost his mind.

Ooookay then. You might want to  avoid sharp objects and  stop listening to that little voice in your head.  ;)

Preisst

Do they still pump in noise in BC?
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

depopulationINC

Sounds like Chris Williams will be playing...or has a good shot at it

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
Sounds like Chris Williams will be playing...or has a good shot at it

That is a bit scary. Williams and Rainey  back for punts and kicks, or both at receiver. Yikes I can see a few blown covers and we could get burn bad. Have get to Lulay quick or it will be a long night.

StormRider1

This will be another good test as to how we are doing, do we hang in or get blown out.. can we win... not sure if we can win right now in BC

JimmytheGreek

Yeah  it's certainly not going to be a cake walk  I don't imagine .  Have to get after Lulay quick. I guess we are lucky in a  way that Jennings isn't back. With his ability to scramble or just run the ball combined with Williams, Rainey, and Johnson, that could be very bad. Lulay can run but since his injury he picks his spots a bit more .     

JimmytheGreek

Most were wondering about when is Carter going to step up or break out - result was an outburst of Duron attitude that brought Mosaic alive. Oh, it is true Sears lost his vision as the second half went along. Well, only a matter of time that Rider D come together and bring down their opponents.

Man I'm not sure what your smoking but it can't be legal.   Sure Carter made one spectacular catch  but other receivers have done so in the past also. Up to then he has been invisible and who knows if he will disappear again or not. If he  continues to make consistent solid plays then fine but until then  he ain't no Jesus that can walk on water.  This  crap about Sears going blind and "the hand of Doom" is over the top in my opinion.  At first I thought you were just joking around but you seem to be sticking with it so now I'm not so sure.
How about we see how the great Carter does against the Lions and the Eskimos before we annoint him ST Carter? 

JimmytheGreek

Most were wondering about when is Carter going to step up or break out - result was an outburst of Duron attitude that brought Mosaic alive. Oh, it is true Sears lost his vision as the second half went along. Well, only a matter of time that Rider D come together and bring down their opponents.

Man I'm not sure what your smoking but it can't be legal.   Sure Carter made one spectacular catch  but other receivers have done so in the past also. Up to then he has been invisible and who knows if he will disappear again or not. If he  continues to make consistent solid plays then fine but until then  he ain't no Jesus that can walk on water.  This  crap about Sears going blind and "the hand of Doom" is over the top in my opinion.  At first I thought you were just joking around but you seem to be sticking with it so now I'm not so sure.
How about we see how the great Carter does against the Lions and the Eskimos before we annoint him ST Carter?
You sir are way out line, others post what they want and actually have fun with other quotes. Sorry man, if I can't be myself as a Riderfan - F Rright OFF Jimmy.
Yeah not surprising a  real mature response. 

ed ohmnes

Wow, touchy people on here , can't take criticisms,  just think what ever they say is correct, ha.  You can only put positive spin on so much, the proof will be in the pudding.

ed ohmnes

Well I think i would start bridge next game and have glen on the sideline mentoring him,  and he can go in if bridge has trouble.  But that's how I would approach the next game .  A home game could help with the young man's confidence.

nythril

The west is the powerhouse this year. For the Riders they would have to nearly win out the rest of the season to get into the top 3 .... and even the cross over which the Bombers are a lock for .... is basically out of reach unless the bombers go on a long losing streak.

It's time to start Bridge the rest of the season - there is no value in playing Glenn at this point. Glenn is and has been a great QB but the time to build the QB of the future is now - and not next season.

Users Online

193 Guests, 13 Users (15 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
cheater, safetyblitz, vampiresquid, Chewbaca1973, catfish, Grover, PatLynch, rpaege, KevinRiley2, Yahoo!, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)