depopulationINC

POSPLAYER (green = NI)STATUSNOTES
QBBrandon Bridge in progressWants back, made the first move, first offer on table Nov 17
RBGreg Morris I would like to see back, hop ehe is
FBSpencer Moore
RECDuron Carter Likely NFL bound
RECNic Demski to Bombers??
RECDevon Bailey I think will extend
OLDan Clark I think they may let him walk or sign for less
OLBruce Campbell Not sure he wants back. This is key on Dennis's future
OLThaddeus Coleman Solid season. Will they go all in on JSJ next year? Should be resigning him.
DEWillie JeffersonEXT Nov 20
DEA.C. Leonard
DTZach MinterWould think gone
DTEse MarabureWould think extends
DTMakana Henrylikely extends if Steele is not
DTEddie SteeleHope they extend, likely will
LBCameron Ontko
LBOtha FosterI would think gone
LBJeff KnoxI believe he will extend
LBBeau Landry
DBJovon Johnson1 year deal would be nice. I think he would sign most offers by the club
DBKacy RodgersShould be able to extend cheap enough. Needs competition in camp.
KQuinn Van Gylswy I would assume gone

sambo42

After reading Carter's comments today, he sounded pretty non-committal on going to the NFL... I would say its not a given he is going south

depopulationINC

Sounds like 2 of 3 on OL have offers on the table so far...just an assumption based on rumblings.  Jones presser did say there were offers to OLmen on the table and agreements in place.  Gotta wonder if there is a renegotiation on the table to Dennis.

Really sounds like they are hitting the contracts hard....good to see

Hard to believe they start tryouts in under 3 weeks!!

depopulationINC

After reading Carter's comments today, he sounded pretty non-committal on going to the NFL... I would say its not a given he is going south

Yeah...he definitely likes it here but...
“Playing in the NFL has been my dream since I could remember,” said Carter, the son of former NFL star Cris Carter. “That’s what I’ve always wanted to do, so in the right situation, I would definitely love to be there.

https://www.riderville.com/2017/11/20/notebook-duron-carter-isnt-sure-expect/

I am confident that if he is in the CFL he is a Rider...just a matter of seeing how serious of offers he gets in the NFL...aka real contract with real signing bonus.  There will be offers of some sort I would think.

sambo42

He also did say this as well:

“But I’m 26 going on 27, I’ve got to make some life choices in a sense. I can’t just keep waiting … (Saskatchewan) definitely feels like home, so I would love to stay.”

How long does he wait for the "right situation" to come along? 

depopulationINC

He also did say this as well:

“But I’m 26 going on 27, I’ve got to make some life choices in a sense. I can’t just keep waiting … (Saskatchewan) definitely feels like home, so I would love to stay.”

How long does he wait for the "right situation" to come along?
I would think until right around free agency kicks in.  I am sure they will talk and get a feeler for where his head is at for money if nothing comes to be to his liking, but I would be pretty surprised if there is not a respectable offer.  I guess he has to decide if he wants to fight his way for playing time at 27 or wants to ball out somewhere he loves.  If someone comes along and offers him 50k upfront he is unlikely to say no.  PR is 120k+ next season and a starter minimum is pushing 500k at WR.  The question NFL teams will ask themselves is if they want a fresh WR at 27 who they know requires TLC to the point of one on one sit-downs every day.

Iconic SR

Duron Carter is a great addition to the Riders and I hope we can keep him. As mentioned tho - he requires lots of attention and help to focus. The NFL might not accomodate him well that way. Here we have many players seeming to want to play for Jones and I hope that weighs heavily in Carter's decision making.

I'm sure his dad will weigh in here. Does Chris Carter want to see his son make the NFL and then possibly become the national headline example of how NOT to do it and flame out?

Or would he rather see his son be happy and play pro ball at a high level as long as he can in a league where he fits? Duron is a young man and he sounded like he's at a crossroads in his life. I wish him the best, whatever direction he pursues.

bohdon

Reality is $$$$$$$$$

It's pretty simple really. Oh this and oh that all you want but the bottom line is $$$$.

I don't blame anyone for that, it just is what it is.

If he or anyone for that matter gets a decent offer who can blame them for accepting a much higher wage.

You accept any new offers that are higher to much higher, if things don't pan out we (your last employer) would probably welcome him/them back with open arms. No harm done. If you don't accept a better offer then you are doubting yourself, or just simply not confident enough moving forward.

That's the way I see it anyway.

nythril

Where does chad Owens fit in? Saw his comments that he will be playing next year 

depopulationINC

Where does chad Owens fit in? Saw his comments that he will be playing next year
And he is under contract

Iconic SR

Good. Hopefully doesn't get hurt surfing in Hawaii during off season

joe

Nice signings with Coleman and Jovan Johnson.

Gotta give credit to JJ for working hard and landing another deal when everyone thought he was done (Noel Thorpe).

Dude has been a player. Wish him the best for the season ahead.

depopulationINC

Nice signings with Coleman and Jovan Johnson.

Gotta give credit to JJ for working hard and landing another deal when everyone thought he was done (Noel Thorpe).

Dude has been a player. Wish him the best for the season ahead.
yeah...JJ was a guy that a lot of people were not sure had enough in him still and he sure proved everyone wrong.  During the season he talked about how he realized he was not holding down the same speed any more so was doing extra study and practicing on his own to improved his angles and reads....always awesome to see that dedication.

nowhereman

depopulationINC

Butler re-signed

https://www.riderville.com/2017/12/29/crezdon-butler-signs-extension/
yeah...big one IMO.  He is one of the 2 best on the team back there and was only in his rookie deal...stoked to see what he brings with some experience now

Especially big because it is sounding like Rodgers is gone and I still think Gainey might be even though he is not a FA.

Also...Marabure is getting some attention via NFL workouts...surprised me, but the kid is good.

Users Online

82 Guests, 6 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hamilton2005, 150GAGE, Corey.the.tiger, blackandgld, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 129. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)