depopulationINC

I'm willin to cut them some slack on the last game... short prep week, travelling East bites...but they had better perform this week at home. I also get that it takes time for an Off Line to gel, but, that said I'd be very happy to see Dyakowski (spelling?) back. The Carter experiment should stop too. Jones has done a good job upgrading our overall talent leve (IMO), why the heck can't he find a suitable corner to replace Marshall.
Gelling is one thing....an international OG getting absolutely dominated on the LOS on clear one on one battles is a massive issue.  Backpeddling like he is on wheels....pushed straight back and onto his butt within 2 steps...swim moves on an OG should never work in one on ones

The corner thing...that one pisses me off because there were guys that were good enough in camp.  There were guys that were arguably ahead of Marshal...actually, I will say straight up that they were ahead of Marshall but Marshall was a guy who did a little better every day, is a stunning athlete, and can play a lot of spots...LB, DB, WR, QB....that is a guy you keep if it is close.  That said...Johnson and Gainey are FAs after this season and Johnson is getting up there, so it is always a concern...they probably should have kept a couple extra DBs and  more national OL instead of dozen DL.  I get that DL and LB largely fill the special teams, but I don't agree with compromising at DB and OL.  You need to rely on the Radford's of this world for stuff like that.

Taleback

What would the situation be with Campbell. Would his 2 game suspension be over if they were to re-sign him or would he have to sit out 2 once under contract?

nowhereman

What would the situation be with Campbell. Would his 2 game suspension be over if they were to re-sign him or would he have to sit out 2 once under contract?
I think he has to sit 2 under contract. 

Tito

Here's the facts. Because of Jones' proclivity to snatching away young players from other teams PRs, no team is leaving anyone available for to potentially snag. Teams are stashing way more Canadian offensive linemen than ever on their rosters and Sask is left hanging in the dust.

Ottawa is absolutely loaded at the position. Desjardins drafts one high every single year and he hasn't missed on one yet. With Johnson, Korte, Lauzon and Mateas all playing Jones would be wise to put in an offer for MacMillan. Injuries have derailed things somewhat and if Jones is willing to part with something tangible, I could see a deal getting down.

The only other real veteran depth they could move for would be Greaves and BC and with all the youngsters surrounding him, unlikely BC would do that.

WPG may have the best line in the leauge, but they're not the deepest. Calgary as well.
1 - Who has he taken off someone else's PR?  Dillion Guy?  Who else.  Perhaps a name is eluding me
2 - Teams can block it from happening by putting them on the 46 for a week
3 - Teams generally hide OL prospects at the first sign of someone chasing them.  
4 - Pretty rare to see a known OL national on a PR...always been that way, always will be.

JSJ going down yet again rather hurt and Zver retiring was an even bigger kick...he was in the plans for this year to see some action.  The idea was to move Blue to C and the international G to left and Bladek to RG with Zver being on the 46.  If that worked out, then Blue would go back to G and Bladek either staying RG and Clark to C or Bladek to C and testing Zver at RG.  What can you do.

OL coaching is NFG on this team as well...IMO.  Don't agree with the methods being pushed and don't agree with his evaluations.  Not a fan.  Lack of a short game / rush will not help....but the OL coaching is a concern.  There have been a few Canadians over the passed 2 years that have the past couple seasons that had what it takes...the coaching is just brutal though.  Bladek actually regressed from the start camp to the end of camp because of that coaching.  Maybe this guy will turn out to be some superb coach in time, but right now, not a fan.

Bombers have the best?  Cmon now.  you jest right?  They have some great prospects, no question...but when Pat Neufeld is starting I get a giggle there.  He is playing well at the moment, but doesn't exactly have a great track record.

Greaves?  Pass.  Worst case is that Dyakowski gets a call.

Zver was taken from BC. As well they took that Ese kid a couple years earlier in conjunction with Guy, who sucks anyway.

Blade ain't ready either. The only reason fans are so hopeful on him is they don't see him play. Weight distribution is all over the place. He's thinking too much.

I'm curious who the Canadians are who've had what it takes outside of Labatte and Clark are though. JSJ - sure. I don't know about the rest.

depopulationINC

Zver was taken from BC. As well they took that Ese kid a couple years earlier in conjunction with Guy, who sucks anyway.
This is simply not true.

Ese Mrabure Spent a few games on the Lions roster in 2015 and the rest on the IR.  In 2016 the Lions opted to 46 Maxx Forde and offered Ese a PR spot.  He refused.  The Riders signed him the next day.

Guy refused to sign onto the Lions PR as a rookie at the same time as Ese and both were signed by the Riders at the same time.  They offered him base PR pay while the Riders offered to 6 game him...full pay.

Zyver also refused the PR spot for the Lions in 2017 and was then signed by the Riders.  

Wally = base PR pay most times

Most of league = full pay as if they were playing or a big chunk of it.

Wally has chosen to try to retain PR guys for peanuts at times and it has cost him.

........so............one player.

Tito

Here's the facts. Because of Jones' proclivity to snatching away young players from other teams PRs, no team is leaving anyone available for to potentially snag. Teams are stashing way more Canadian offensive linemen than ever on their rosters and Sask is left hanging in the dust.

Ottawa is absolutely loaded at the position. Desjardins drafts one high every single year and he hasn't missed on one yet. With Johnson, Korte, Lauzon and Mateas all playing Jones would be wise to put in an offer for MacMillan. Injuries have derailed things somewhat and if Jones is willing to part with something tangible, I could see a deal getting down.

The only other real veteran depth they could move for would be Greaves and BC and with all the youngsters surrounding him, unlikely BC would do that.

WPG may have the best line in the leauge, but they're not the deepest. Calgary as well.
1 - Who has he taken off someone else's PR?  Dillion Guy?  Who else.  Perhaps a name is eluding me
2 - Teams can block it from happening by putting them on the 46 for a week
3 - Teams generally hide OL prospects at the first sign of someone chasing them.  
4 - Pretty rare to see a known OL national on a PR...always been that way, always will be.

JSJ going down yet again rather hurt and Zver retiring was an even bigger kick...he was in the plans for this year to see some action.  The idea was to move Blue to C and the international G to left and Bladek to RG with Zver being on the 46.  If that worked out, then Blue would go back to G and Bladek either staying RG and Clark to C or Bladek to C and testing Zver at RG.  What can you do.

OL coaching is NFG on this team as well...IMO.  Don't agree with the methods being pushed and don't agree with his evaluations.  Not a fan.  Lack of a short game / rush will not help....but the OL coaching is a concern.  There have been a few Canadians over the passed 2 years that have the past couple seasons that had what it takes...the coaching is just brutal though.  Bladek actually regressed from the start camp to the end of camp because of that coaching.  Maybe this guy will turn out to be some superb coach in time, but right now, not a fan.

Bombers have the best?  Cmon now.  you jest right?  They have some great prospects, no question...but when Pat Neufeld is starting I get a giggle there.  He is 
Edit delete

bowl450

after watching yesterdays game, lets start fixing 1 problem at a time.
#1 - move Duron Carter back to where he can help the team the most which is on offence.
#2 - this is on the OC, game plan for the strengths of the team now, give the team a chance to succeed.
#3 - upgrade the O-Line, whether its personnel, coaching or a combination, just fix it

depopulationINC

#1 - move Duron Carter back to where he can help the team the most which is on offence.
#2 - this is on the OC, game plan for the strengths of the team now, give the team a chance to succeed.
#3 - upgrade the O-Line, whether its personnel, coaching or a combination, just fix it
I think you need to do point 3 before point 2.  Not a fan of McAdoo...but the OL isn't going to do any favors to any O game plan.  Better play on OL makes the OC look better.  

JimmytheGreek

I think you need to do point 3 before point 2.  Not a fan of McAdoo...but the OL isn't going to do any favors to any O game plan.  Better play on OL makes the OC look better.  
Good ideas but in here lies the rub.
1) Jones refuses to accept the fact that there are cheaper and better cb's out there then Carter, proof being he has all ready stated that Carter will continue to play the position after being made William's b**** the entire last game.

2) The OC refuses to or is incapable of changing things up. Fire the OC? Nope again Jones refuses to acknowledge that the offense having one of our best receivers play cb is leaving the offense lacking in weapons to stretch the field. 673 passing yards in 3 games, 3 td's in 3 games, 7 picks in 3 games. Nope no problems here.

3) Upgrades at the Oline at this time of year are pretty tough. We had Bond in camp who we paid a bonus to sign with us CUT, we had one of the top O linemen brought in last year and he looked like crap, gone back to the Stamps, we had another O linemen decide he would rather retire then play here. We have vets on the line that look worse then raw rookies on other teams. O line coach issues perhaps? Yeah I would say something is seriously screwed up there. Still there will be no changes as once again Jones brought him in and therefore it has to be everyone else.

In other words something less then a Divine intervention means what you see is likely is what your going to get for the remainder of the season. Whee are we having fun yet?    

StormRider1

I think you need to do point 3 before point 2.  Not a fan of McAdoo...but the OL isn't going to do any favors to any O game plan.  Better play on OL makes the OC look better.  
Good ideas but in here lies the rub.
1) Jones refuses to accept the fact that there are cheaper and better cb's out there then Carter, proof being he has all ready stated that Carter will continue to play the position after being made William's b**** the entire last game.

2) The OC refuses to or is incapable of changing things up. Fire the OC? Nope again Jones refuses to acknowledge that the offense having one of our best receivers play cb is leaving the offense lacking in weapons to stretch the field. 673 passing yards in 3 games, 3 td's in 3 games, 7 picks in 3 games. Nope no problems here.

3) Upgrades at the Oline at this time of year are pretty tough. We had Bond in camp who we paid a bonus to sign with us CUT, we had one of the top O linemen brought in last year and he looked like crap, gone back to the Stamps, we had another O linemen decide he would rather retire then play here. We have vets on the line that look worse then raw rookies on other teams. O line coach issues perhaps? Yeah I would say something is seriously screwed up there. Still there will be no changes as once again Jones brought him in and therefore it has to be everyone else.

In other words something less then a Divine intervention means what you see is likely is what your going to get for the remainder of the season. Whee are we having fun yet?    
yep!! well stated

Users Online

91 Guests, 12 Users (16 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, TeddyFay, ticat1, Grover, slowhand, mycko75, Balticfox, VICIOUSCIRCLE, 2ez, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)