StormRider1

Not surprised he went to The Peg, but it is our loss, he has talent, wish him the best.  I see AC Lenard is gone as well as another DL man. Evens a good sign.

depopulationINC

Not surprised he went to The Peg, but it is our loss, he has talent, wish him the best.  I see AC Lenard is gone as well as another DL man. Evens a good sign.
For 150 and 145 I wish them luck.

Demski has a pile of potential and was starting to realize that last season prior to being hurt, so he could well be worth it...but a 1 year deal...idunno.  No home town discount there IMO. 

AC is 5k cheeper than Hughes.  I know who I would pick.  I think that he has progressed a lot and has a good chance of hitting next level and might even slow down on his penalties with eperience, but he should not be at 145 at this point.  He should be at 90-120.

Love the that it was all Canadians on day one.  That is what the focus should be and it is great to see that the nucleus has been built to finally get there.

Riderman

AC Leonard seem like a big time over pay. Demski is likely worth what the Bombers are paying him. It's too bad that we lost a former 1st round pick just when he is heading into his prime years. We need to start drafting smarter. Bladek was a good start last year, but Demski and JSJ were wasted high first round picks.

Iconic SR

Demski has a pile of potential and was starting to realize that last season prior to being hurt, so he could well be worth it...but a 1 year deal...idunno.  No home town discount there IMO.  

AC is 5k cheeper than Hughes.  I know who I would pick.  I think that he has progressed a lot and has a good chance of hitting next level and might even slow down on his penalties with eperience, but he should not be at 145 at this point.  He should be at 90-120.

Love the that it was all Canadians on day one.  That is what the focus should be and it is great to see that the nucleus has been built to finally get there.
Many were concerned that Chris Jones didn’t prioritize this. He obviously does.

depopulationINC

AC Leonard seem like a big time over pay. Demski is likely worth what the Bombers are paying him. It's too bad that we lost a former 1st round pick just when he is heading into his prime years. We need to start drafting smarter. Bladek was a good start last year, but Demski and JSJ were wasted high first round picks.
How was Demski a waste?  You will be hard pressed to find more than a few drafted WR over the past 15 years that outdid him in years 1 and 2.  I haven't looked at year 3, but obviously he wss hurt.

I'm not ready to call JSJ a bust...yet.  he might be, but look at Chris Best, one of the best Rider OL in years...he never really got rolling until year 3.  It is fairly common that it takes a fee seasons.  The ones who get real reps before that are far from the majority, no matter where they are drafted.  I say that as someone who was never even overly enthused about the pick.  

depopulationINC

Demski has a pile of potential and was starting to realize that last season prior to being hurt, so he could well be worth it...but a 1 year deal...idunno.  No home town discount there IMO.  

AC is 5k cheeper than Hughes.  I know who I would pick.  I think that he has progressed a lot and has a good chance of hitting next level and might even slow down on his penalties with eperience, but he should not be at 145 at this point.  He should be at 90-120.

Love the that it was all Canadians on day one.  That is what the focus should be and it is great to see that the nucleus has been built to finally get there.
Many were concerned that Chris Jones didn’t prioritize this. He obviously does.
Can't say as I've ever heard anyone say that before.  If there were, I have a hard time believing that "many" applies.

Riderman

AC is 15k cheaper than Hughes...but ya still a huge overpay for AC. I say that Demski leaving hurts because we invested 3 years into him just to let him go down the road where he will likely be really good. Kind of a waste. I stand by that.

depopulationINC

AC is 15k cheaper than Hughes...but ya still a huge overpay for AC. I say that Demski leaving hurts because we invested 3 years into him just to let him go down the road where he will likely be really good. Kind of a waste. I stand by that.
Hughes is at 150...or that is what has been largely reported.   AC apparently at 145.

All teams deal with the sting after entry contracts.  There should be some sort of restricted free agency or something.  LaBatte, for example, was drafted and upped by the Bombers...came home to the Riders as an all-star

The Riders have 3 outstanding returners...not needed there.  They play 1 N receiver and at times none.  He is already behind Bagg.  They also have Bailey, who I thought fit well in limited action.  Then there is Stanford, who I think is a good prospect, and of course Picton as local flavor.  If they intended to start 2 N WR as the Bombers do then I would have some level of concern on this.  They never chased him a pile because it was an area they knew they did not need to get in a bidding war on

Users Online

64 Guests, 5 Users (10 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, Mark7, Johnny Ticat slayer, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (2)

Most Online Today: 136. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)