bowl450

what is the injury status on Labatte and Campbell ?

depopulationINC

From what I have heard, both should be good.

Demski, Marshall, not so much.

Preisst

Great game for my first experience in the new stadium.   Hammered them hard and looked really good doing so.

Let the W's continue to pile up.....
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

ed ohmnes

Yes the riders made the bombers look silly in the first half,  t hen let off the second half as not to rub it in too much,   Like a good team will do.   Running up the score is just not the proper thing to do.  

GC Bound

Yes the riders made the bombers look silly in the first half,  t hen let off the second half as not to rub it in too much,   Like a good team will do.   Running up the score is just not the proper thing to do.  
I understand the concept, however have never believed 'letting up' in a game for any reason is a good thing.
IMHO   Play like you need to win for the full 60 minutes, no letting up.
Go Riders Go

nowhereman

I understand the concept, however have never believed 'letting up' in a game for any reason is a good thing.
Go Riders Go
Plus, in some cases, point differential decides rank in the standings.

depopulationINC

Go Riders Go
They don't here though.  In the Esks game it pissed me off though, because it might matter.  Still, it is easier said than done to keep it going when you are up that much.  Usually you call plays to avoid big mistakes at that point because human nature says most are simply not going to be at the same level when you are up 3 scores.

depopulationINC

James is also out.  I knew he was crutched up, but thought he might be ready for the game.

nowhereman

Go Riders Go
They don't here though.  In the Esks game it pissed me off though, because it might matter.  Still, it is easier said than done to keep it going when you are up that much.  Usually you call plays to avoid big mistakes at that point because human nature says most are simply not going to be at the same level when you are up 3 scores.
That's why I said in some cases. Ed was saying it's not cool to run up the score, but it's necessary for divisional opponents when you only play them twice.

Taleback

Go Riders Go
They don't here though.  
After they tie this weekend it sure will.

GC Bound

Go Riders Go
They don't here though. In the Esks game it pissed me off though, because it might matter.  Still, it is easier said than done to keep it going when you are up that much.  Usually you call plays to avoid big mistakes at that point because human nature says most are simply not going to be at the same level when you are up 3 scores.
That's why I said in some cases. Ed was saying it's not cool to run up the score, but it's necessary for divisional opponents when you only play them twice.
[“When you’re leading by three or four scores, sometimes it’s just human nature to let your guard down,” he said after Wednesday’s practice at Mosaic Stadium. “We’ve got to have more killer instinct than that.
“We’ve got to make sure when we do have somebody down that we don’t allow them to have any hope of coming back.”]

Chris Jones

Nuff Said!

depopulationINC

Go Riders Go
They don't here though. In the Esks game it pissed me off though, because it might matter.  Still, it is easier said than done to keep it going when you are up that much.  Usually you call plays to avoid big mistakes at that point because human nature says most are simply not going to be at the same level when you are up 3 scores.
[“When you’re leading by three or four scores, sometimes it’s just human nature to let your guard down,” he said after Wednesday’s practice at Mosaic Stadium. “We’ve got to have more killer instinct than that.
“We’ve got to make sure when we do have somebody down that we don’t allow them to have any hope of coming back.”]

Chris Jones

Nuff Said!

Ha....funny he said the same thing as I did with the human nature.

Anyone who has played sports understands this is a huge hurdle.  I would imagine it is similar to getting things done at a job when you are in "vacation mode"

Abendschan

Roughriders gave Winnipeg turnover problems early - Bombers reverted to more pass/action plays than the run game. In Winnipeg more Harris on run plays/action, more pass effective may be difference  in a Winnipeg win. Go Riders
Empire Stadium 1970 Nov. 1 - Jack Abendschan Autograph
Saskatchewan  33
B.C.  Lions  13

GC Bound

Go Riders Go

Chris Jones

Nuff Said!

Ha....funny he said the same thing as I did with the human nature.

Anyone who has played sports understands this is a huge hurdle.  I would imagine it is similar to getting things done at a job when you are in "vacation mode"
I get what you're saying Depop, and I have in my day played football in University and when the game started I was not the normal me I played to win win win no mercy,
Game day is Game day, not a day to be nice!

Users Online

59 Guests, 0 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)