ed ohmnes

All I'm saying is , why don't they start giving either of them some playing time,  2 or 3 series during the games to get some. Experience, or a quarter during the game no matter what the situation is,  try and start develope one , and not wait till we have an injury and then they are forced in without any experience. It's well known that you need 2 q.b.'s in this long season.  Personally. I would use this season to develope and get ready for next year,  if they start winning great , but to hinge everything on Glen I think is the wrong way,  I think you would see more support by going this route.  But this is mo,  and I'm no coach by any stretch of the imagination, to me it's just common sense.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
All I'm saying is , why don't they start giving either of them some playing time,  2 or 3 series during the games to get some. Experience, or a quarter during the game no matter what the situation is,  try and start develope one , and not wait till we have an injury and then they are forced in without any experience. It's well known that you need 2 q.b.'s in this long season.  Personally. I would use this season to develope and get ready for next year,  if they start winning great , but to hinge everything on Glen I think is the wrong way,  I think you would see more support by going this route.  But this is mo,  and I'm no coach by any stretch of the imagination, to me it's just common sense.

Because if it is a close game but your QB is having success why on earth would you play with that?  While sitting a QB for a series can be a good thing when they are off or not seeing things it can do the complete opposite if they are playing well...and in a close game that is a pretty damned big risk to take.  The Riders have been in close games...even the Stamps game they showed a spark in the 3rd so you have to go for it...perhaps they should have made the change one series sooner, but that is about it.  If they had come out in the third and done nothing...sure...hand the ball over.  Let's say it is a 2 point loss but the backup is given 2 series and doesn't come out with scores or maybe 3 points...yeah...I am sure nobody would be outraged right?

ed ohmnes

Yes I understand all that, but you still need to train someone somewhere along the line. Or wait for an injury I guess

depopulationINC

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
Yes I understand all that, but you still need to train someone somewhere along the line. Or wait for an injury I guess

Do tell...what teams in modern football do this?  You put them in in garbage time and injuries.   It is simply too competitive to do otherwise now....the game has changed.  I am not saying I would hate it...but it simply doesnt happen...and for a reason.

Lyle B. Style

Unless Sunglasses Boy is an idiot (jury still out) Brando Bridge will start next riders outing.

K Glenn, after a  nice start is starting to go to hell in  handbasket.

Last nite - he started auditioning for the TSN panel - to replace ailing Chris Schultz.

Perfect job for KG - fly into Toronto for the weekend - 44 minute flight from Detroit (or save TSN money & drive his escalade in) - be the new joker on the panel and get out dodge to go back to be floorsweep in chief for his group of Tim Horton outlets in MotorMouth City.

Might not happen til season over - Glenn likes scooping up whatever QB coin available.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

thirdperson

Glenn might be the most under appreciated quarterback in CFL history.   Glenn's career production is in the top 10 among CFL quarterbacks.  He has achieved more than some quarterbacks that won grey cups.  Winning a championship depends on things that quarterbacks cannot control.

Abendschan

Very impressive win all around for the Riders 41-8 victory over BC. 
Empire Stadium Nov. 1st 1970 -  Autograph by Jack Abendschan

depopulationINC

Glenn might be the most under appreciated quarterback in CFL history.   Glenn's career production is in the top 10 among CFL quarterbacks.  He has achieved more than some quarterbacks that won grey cups.  Winning a championship depends on things that quarterbacks cannot control.
Tucking in the odd ball and picking up even a few yards in that zone over makes him look entirely different.  so very important in the CFL that a QB can run that.

Niagara Als

I said that is who he wants....not the assurance of who he gets nor who he is banking on.  I have a hard time complaining about what Glenn has done this season so far and it is not like there are no prospects behind him.  I am not a massive Bridge fan, though many are high on him....I think Williams is an interesting prospect though.
I was hoping to see Bridge tonight.

depopulationINC

I said that is who he wants....not the assurance of who he gets nor who he is banking on.  I have a hard time complaining about what Glenn has done this season so far and it is not like there are no prospects behind him.  I am not a massive Bridge fan, though many are high on him....I think Williams is an interesting prospect though.
I was hoping to see Bridge tonight.
Yeah, I was as well.  I felt like there was a point where if the Riders scored in the 3rd we would have seen him in for a quarter plus...but they were pretty conscious of needing to win by 16  Would have been nice to see him more though yeah.

ed ohmnes

Riders acquire Vernon Adams q.b.  Interesting

Abendschan

Riders acquire Vernon Adams q.b.  Interesting
Cool, trade is an intrigue curious forward move to acquire QB Vernon Adams - back east or in general the talk has it Adams has trouble reading Defence, hope Coach Jones will develop him in that respect.

ed ohmnes

I hope this doesn't mean bridge is toast,  it would be nice to see a Canadian q.b., as long as he's getting a fair shake.

Users Online

192 Guests, 14 Users (13 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Palmer, safetyblitz, Chewbaca1973, cheater, catfish, Grover, PatLynch, rpaege, KevinRiley2, raymarkca, ExPat, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)