argonaut11xx

Kevin Glenn is worse than the other 8 starting QB's in the CFL.

He is also far behind BC backup QB Travis Lulay.

So Saskatchewan has the 10th best CFL QB as the starter.

And you wonder why your losing?

(You could argue that James Franklin, or Drew Tate could be ahead of Glenn also)
I support L.G.B.T, Liberty Guns Beer Trump .Melting SNOWFLAKES is FUN. Trudeau is an IDIOT

Squish

Kevin Glenn, nice guy, good guy, even puts up decent stats once in a while. But yep, he's been dropped for better 7 or 8 times in his career and its easy to see why. As nice a guy as he is, he's just not a winner. Weak arm and immobile are two things you can't have to lead a team in the playoffs.

bowl450

I guess you have to settle for a well traveled journeyman QB like Kevin Glenn when you are waiting for a QB ( James Franklin ) with potential but unproven to be given to you instead of developing your own, but when developing a QB is not your strong suit  your ??????

Abendschan

The Calgary front line came like run quick we got him, another huge sack. I do not think that Ray, or even Durant would not want to be back there either. Bring along, must develop QB Marquise Williams to run the O when it's time.
Empire Stadium Nov. 1st 1970 -  Autograph by Jack Abendschan

Squish

Quote from: "Abendschan"
The Calgary front line came like run quick we got him, another huge sack. I do not think that Ray, or even Durant would not want to be back there either. Bring along, must develop QB Marquise Williams to run the O when it's time.

Any QB with an ounce of mobility though would have fared much better. Glenn rolling right into the arms of the d-end was so bad it was comical. He has no awareness of how to do anything other than drop and throw. He can't be asked to do anything other than that.

nythril

I think you will find most rider fans agreeing that Glenn is past his prime. I thought your title would represent something of a kudos to him for passing the 50k passing mark last night. At least try to have a bit of class... starting a player trashing thread in another teams area is a tad tacky. There is a time and place for everything and trust me ... rider fans know Glen is in the twilight of his career. He deserves kudos for 50k passing which none of us here could do.

StormRider1

I have no beef with Glenn, he is what he is, but I will say we had a mobile QB... but he was just average to ego Jones. I will also say... when your QB has to run for his life almost every play... it's not the QB's fault... Jones blew up this team, even the good parts... now we just stink!! 14 games to go... no play-offs again... and Jones better be gone!! along with Reynolds. We are still 3 years away from winning a chance at a cup.  Cheap pay, cheap players, cheap team... nuff said

Squish

Quote from: "nythril"
I think you will find most rider fans agreeing that Glenn is past his prime. I thought your title would represent something of a kudos to him for passing the 50k passing mark last night. At least try to have a bit of class... starting a player trashing thread in another teams area is a tad tacky. There is a time and place for everything and trust me ... rider fans know Glen is in the twilight of his career. He deserves kudos for 50k passing which none of us here could do.

Has Kevin Glenn ever even had a "prime"?

His numbers for Hamilton in 2010 were pretty darn good (5000+ yds, 33 tds), but even that delivered them a 9-9 season and 1st round playoff loss.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "StormRider1"
I have no beef with Glenn, he is what he is, but I will say we had a mobile QB... but he was just average to ego Jones. I will also say... when your QB has to run for his life almost every play... it's not the QB's fault... Jones blew up this team, even the good parts... now we just stink!! 14 games to go... no play-offs again... and Jones better be gone!! along with Reynolds. We are still 3 years away from winning a chance at a cup.  Cheap pay, cheap players, cheap team... nuff said

Mobile QB is great, so long as they have a fast release.  Not sure if anyone else on the roster qualifies there (would need to see, Bridge seems alright, not sure on Williams), and the hesitation is why Bennett was punted...hesitation does not work at all with this O and its timing routes...big reason they moved on from DD...his style simply doesnt fit what they are chasing.

PrideLivesHere

Quote from: "nythril"

Agreed.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006

ed ohmnes

And what is it exactly that they are chasing.?  Perhaps Wally or huff has a q.b. Waiting in the wings.  I would think checking with them might be an option.  They seem to always have that next man up philosophy.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
And what is it exactly that they are chasing.?  Perhaps Wally or huff has a q.b. Waiting in the wings.  I would think checking with them might be an option.  They seem to always have that next man up philosophy.

The QB Jones wants is the worst kept secret in the game.

ed ohmnes

So we're supposed to piss another season away while waiting to MAYBE get franklin, is that a smart thing to do, why not give playing time to the bother young guys, to see what they can do.  What if franklin goes out east, then what?  We need to control what we can control, and train and recruit our own q.b.'s.  And if we get franklin, fine. Butinthemeantimeweshould be developing the next one, or trying to along with Glen.

depopulationINC

I said that is who he wants....not the assurance of who he gets nor who he is banking on.  I have a hard time complaining about what Glenn has done this season so far and it is not like there are no prospects behind him.  I am not a massive Bridge fan, though many are high on him....I think Williams is an interesting prospect though.

Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
I said that is who he wants....not the assurance of who he gets nor who he is banking on.  I have a hard time complaining about what Glenn has done this season so far and it is not like there are no prospects behind him.  I am not a massive Bridge fan, though many are high on him....I think Williams is an interesting prospect though.

Corky Jo is between a rock & a hard place.

Kev Glenn is certainly serviceable - but rarely outstanding, especially for extended periods.

Best short dropback passer in the history of the game. Slightly above avg. arm, mostly immobile but can scamper like a terrified field mouse on occasion! Obvious weakness is height - 5'8.5"guy doesn't have much pocket presence - ends up being a guess-passer on intermediate to long routes!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

Users Online

190 Guests, 12 Users (15 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vampiresquid, safetyblitz, GHT120, cheater, Chewbaca1973, catfish, Grover, PatLynch, Yahoo!, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)