JimmytheGreek

Well  this sucks . Just found out on Riderfans.com https://twitter.com/hashtag/Riders?src=hash

depopulationINC

Yeah...saw something on Twitter on this.  Sounds domestic and iirc he has had past issues.  If anything sticks the guy has to go.  Would hate to lose him...he is a great player but sounds to be a dick.   Gotta evolve from past mistakes

depopulationINC

And gone...already released.

Had to be done

Huge blow to the D

Hope he gets his sh** together

Had the potential to be one of the best in the game and potential land in the NFL IMO

JimmytheGreek

Yup a very bright spot on the defense last year and now this. Not  cool.

PrideLivesHere

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
And gone...already released.

Had to be done

Huge blow to the D

Hope he gets his sh** together

Had the potential to be one of the best in the game and potential land in the NFL IMO

Agreed
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006

depopulationINC

Cox was found innocent today with the judge commenting that there was nothing that would indicate guilt.

From people that have talked I felt he likely was guilty...but the court has said no  and what has come out on it all is pretty interesting.

This is why he should have been suspended, not released...a guilty verdict was handed down by the league before the truth may have come out.  If he is found not guilty then he was really terminated without just cause IMO.  Yes, I know no CFL contract is guaranteed...but it was pretty straight forward this is why he was released and I would have to think that if someone in this situation did seek legal action they would probably look favorably in court.

Who knows the full truth here, but it is sounding like he tried to walk away from a bad situation and his lady jumped on him trying to stop him and he pushed her off to try to leave and she took a nasty fall.  Is that actually true...who knows...but not guilty is not guilty and I don't see how the league could uphold anything.

Very interesting situation.  Sounded pretty guilty from the start...but he was adamant and vocal as all hell that he was not and could have just as easily went home but stuck around to fight this...gotta say maybe he legitimately is not guilty and it was just a crappy outcome to a bad situation.

cheater

So can the league still stop him from signing with a team?

depopulationINC

Quote from: "cheater"
So can the league still stop him from signing with a team?

As of this moment he is banned from the CFL...but if he was found not guilty I don't see how they could uphold that.  Apparently his lawyer is going to discuss it with the CFL.  Pretty interesting.

bedrock

I'm no lawyer but this rule seems so wrong it must want to make an athlete want to puke, and it probably does. All it could take is an evening with your live-in gal on the wrong time of the month with a couple drinks , and a athlete gets caught looking 2 tables down at a hottie wearing a nice blouse. The date gets all emotional and upset believing your already having an affair just because you took a glance, but in the process of trying to explain your Innocents you touch her shoulder to regain her attention, but she claims assault in her out of control stupor because you did put your hands on her. The  police officer walks in just as he hears her emotionally  screaming and hollering assault. The police officer recognizes the popular athlete and takes matters to the next level and convinces the distressed girlfriend that pressing charges is in her best interest. In all reality the athlete is completely innocent but through the whole process is jobless and now carries a resume that still carries some gray areas. And we all know how the media loves to embellish those gray areas. And that popular athlete pretty much had his career destroyed by some misunderstanding, an over-ambitious cop  and an unpolished ruling.  Now I'm not defending domestic violence but I am saying that shit can sometimes spiral, as can a misunderstanding, but the  looser here is the athlete's career unless  somehow innocent till proven guilty can be paragraphed into the rule. And there is always going to be that exception where an innocent was falsely accused purposely.  Never say never.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "bedrock"
I'm no lawyer but this rule seems so wrong it must want to make an athlete want to puke, and it probably does. All it could take is an evening with your live-in gal on the wrong time of the month with a couple drinks , and a athlete gets caught looking 2 tables down at a hottie wearing a nice blouse. The date gets all emotional and upset believing your already having an affair just because you took a glance, but in the process of trying to explain your Innocents you touch her shoulder to regain her attention, but she claims assault in her out of control stupor because you did put your hands on her. The  police officer walks in just as he hears her emotionally  screaming and hollering assault. The police officer recognizes the popular athlete and takes matters to the next level and convinces the distressed girlfriend that pressing charges is in her best interest. In all reality the athlete is completely innocent but through the whole process is jobless and now carries a resume that still carries some gray areas. And we all know how the media loves to embellish those gray areas. And that popular athlete pretty much had his career destroyed by some misunderstanding, an over-ambitious cop  and an unpolished ruling.  Now I'm not defending domestic violence but I am saying that **** can sometimes spiral, as can a misunderstanding, but the  looser here is the athlete's career unless  somehow innocent till proven guilty can be paragraphed into the rule. And there is always going to be that exception where an innocent was falsely accused purposely.  Never say never.

The police don't need someone to lay charges, they can do that all on their own.

ed ohmnes

What about Tillman' code of ethics that was brought in,?    Or is that not on effect with a knew regime ?   Just a question.  ?

JimmytheGreek

I'm no lawyer but this rule seems so wrong it must want to make an athlete want to puke, and it probably does. All it could take is an evening with your live-in gal on the wrong time of the month with a couple drinks , and a athlete gets caught looking 2 tables down at a hottie wearing a nice blouse. The date gets all emotional and upset believing your already having an affair just because you took a glance, but in the process of trying to explain your Innocents you touch her shoulder to regain her attention, but she claims assault in her out of control stupor because you did put your hands on her. The  police officer walks in just as he hears her emotionally  screaming and hollering assault. The police officer recognizes the popular athlete and takes matters to the next level and convinces the distressed girlfriend that pressing charges is in her best interest. In all reality the athlete is completely innocent but through the whole process is jobless and now carries a resume that still carries some gray areas. And we all know how the media loves to embellish those gray areas. And that popular athlete pretty much had his career destroyed by some misunderstanding, an over-ambitious cop  and an unpolished ruling.  Now I'm not defending domestic violence but I am saying that **** can sometimes spiral, as can a misunderstanding, but the  looser here is the athlete's career unless  somehow innocent till proven guilty can be paragraphed into the rule. And there is always going to be that exception where an innocent was falsely accused purposely.  Never say never.

Sure it could happen this way but if the police also recognize this athlete it can go the other way too. Is Cox innoncent? Hard to say as we were not there, now he was not found guilty which is not the same thing its just that the  crown did not show enough to have the charges stick.   Big difference there.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
What about Tillman' code of ethics that was brought in,?    Or is that not on effect with a knew regime ?   Just a question.  ?

What about it?  They acted on an accusation.

Now that accusation (true or not) is not holding up in court.  So it raises the question of do you reevaluate based on the court findings or do you say it is the past and we have moved on.  If ET had fought it and been found not guilty would people still have wanted him gone?

depopulationINC

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "

Sure it could happen this way but if the police also recognize this athlete it can go the other way too. Is Cox innoncent? Hard to say as we were not there, now he was not found guilty which is not the same thing its just that the  crown did not show enough to have the charges stick.   Big difference there.

Based purely on what has been made public this goes beyond simply not enough to be found guilty, the crown seemed to have little to nothing.  I mean there was a 3rd party witness who says he never hit her and she is saying the same thing.  Of course they could be covering his arse, but the evidence and testimony presented is all one can go by, not here say, and nothing made public substantiated guilt at all.  Toxic relationship both ways, definitely seems so.

nowhereman

Jones said Cox will not be back with the Riders
http://3downnation.com/2017/05/30/justi ... ris-jones/

Users Online

200 Guests, 12 Users (16 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vampiresquid, safetyblitz, GHT120, cheater, Chewbaca1973, catfish, Grover, PatLynch, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)