JimmytheGreek

A solid and impressive win for sure and the team played well in all 3 phases. Nice to see that we can run the  ball and it really shows how having balance in the offence can be effective. The defence was far more aggressive on the pass rush and neither Jennings or Lulay  were allowed to get anything going or in a groove. Jennings though was far from good and really put the Lions in a hole early with some very poor decisions and some lame duck hangers that were easily picked. The lions on the whole were out of sync and Wally even mentioned before the game the team  lacked focus. It was one of those games where everything went right for the Riders, now they did help that too with their play and did take advanatge of the breaks so good on them. Still when two receivers have the ball in their hands  and cough it up  right into the Riders you know the breaks are going your way.

Great to see the intensitey that has  been missing from a couple of the games and no doubt a good bounce back win for the guys. Now they need to show it for the rest of the games and not lay an egg like after the last week off. Need to go into Edmonton and prove this was not a flash in the pan but they are a team that is going to be competitive against Western teams.

A solid and well deserved win by the guys, keep it going now please.      

GC Bound

It was a very exciting Win......

JimmytheGreek:

"Need to go into Edmonton and prove this was not a flash in the pan but they are a team that is going to be competitive against Western teams".

Agreed, I think for the season the Edmonton game after the bye is crucial for how the remainder of the season shapes up "play- off hopes"

ed ohmnes

Wow, riders will have their hands full to go into Edmonton. And Winnipeg, and come out with 2 or 3 wins like some are suggesting will happen.,  Winnipeg 's looking stronger than ever, ,  and at home there no slouch pussy's.

depopulationINC

Wow, riders will have their hands full to go into Edmonton. And Winnipeg, and come out with 2 or 3 wins like some are suggesting will happen.,  Winnipeg 's looking stronger than ever, ,  and at home there no slouch pussy's.
Who is suggesting it 'will' happen?  It is what basically needs to happen.  That said, Esks are really really hurting right now so I think that there is a fair chance to steal one on the road.  Tough to win both in a home and away, so I like the odds of taking one against the Bombers.

GC Bound

IF the Riders can pull the win off in Edmonton, I think we will see a vamped up Rider team when we play Winnipeg, and if Riders take first Winnipeg game( that would be 3 wins in row) then all bets are off.
I know tall order but if we only win 1 of the next 3 then we are still to far behind to be in any Play off discussion...,.. IMO

greenandwhite

IF the Riders can pull the win off in Edmonton, I think we will see a vamped up Rider team when we play Winnipeg, and if Riders take first Winnipeg game( that would be 3 wins in row) then all bets are off.
I know tall order but if we only win 1 of the next 3 then we are still to far behind to be in any Play off discussion...,.. IMO
BC has not had 1 bye week yet. We've had 2 and are 2 games behind BC and have the season series against them. It'll be us and BC fighting for the crossover by the looks of it and are still on pace to catch them. 

Abendschan

Agreed that the BC Lions seem to be on a slide-down - 2nd half of the season is better than the first and Faith as well.  
Empire Stadium 1970 Nov. 1 - Jack Abendschan Autograph
Saskatchewan  33
B.C.  Lions  13

GC Bound

Frankly this is exciting, and will I think be frantic after we beat Winnipeg at home and go back to Winnipeg as hot as they are with the Riders having won 3 games in a row against 3 top teams (given their records).
Very exciting.
Go Riders Go

bohdon

FWIW I ain't got much faith in next season either, not with the status quo anyway.

Would love to see a DC.......NEXT GAME! Then maybe some slight resemblance of a dim light.
Well it looks like the lights are back on. I must admit it's pretty hard to imagine the turn around this team has taken.

Nice stuff and i hope to see more in the future. I'll be interested to see how we take a bad game going forward. As long as we can bounce back and keep playing at a high level I'd like to think that I'll be happy win or lose. The key being "playing at a high level".

It's particularly nice to see all 3 phases of the team working well and I believe that has a lot to do with our sidelines looking a little more organized.

ed ohmnes

I concur, the riders are well on their way ,  good job.

GC Bound

What we don't want to happen is a loosing streak of 3 games now!
How they bounce back I agree will determine a lot in my mind.

depopulationINC

What we don't want to happen is a loosing streak of 3 games now!
How they bounce back I agree will determine a lot in my mind.

agreed

ed ohmnes

Got to give kudos to Reynolds, I guess he does know what he’s doing, go figure, good job  sticking to his guns. Go riders’

Iconic SR

Got to give kudos to Reynolds, I guess he does know what he’s doing, go figure, good job  sticking to his guns. Go riders’
We are very fortunate to have a president like Reynolds - who has the passion, the business acumen, and the fortitude and stomach - to weather the shitstorm that can be Riderville at times. Reynolds clearly had a vision after the dismal 2015 season and his first  year in charge, and he went after who he saw as the best builder for our club AND provided the latitude for Jones to do what he needed to do. And look what has been built. Preventing Stamps from scoring any TDs in the last 10 quarters  played against each other - is incredible. Not only has this club turned the corner, we have been rebuilt and now only have to focus on winning more games and employing the talent where it's needed. Putting Carter at CB was a brilliant, gutsy move. Kudos also belong to Jim Hopson for heartily endorsing Craig Reynolds to the board as one of his last duties as team president. Go RIDERS!

depopulationINC

I will chuck in a kudos to the board here as well.  Some very tough decisions were made along the way here...displacing fan favs....bringing in an aged QB....canning the training department for antics.  Then there was pushing too hard on boundaries and getting dinged.. getting trigger happy on a couple trades and learning the hard way as a GM.  The board stood  behind the decision and has given it time...they bought into the longer term vision...a vision that is really still 80 to 85% there.  They have not always done that and could have caved to fan outcry.

Users Online

67 Guests, 2 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Evil Doctor, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 116. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)