depopulationINC

Quote from: "Abendschan"
Agreed with your thought on Franklin Ed Ohmnes. I still have a thought lingering that QB Mike Reilly becomes a Saskatchewan Roughrider.

If Franklin gets some time and looks good in totally agree Reilly gets moved...it is hard to pay your QB 10% of the cap IMO...it to handcuffs you some.  Calgary has been able to retain essentially anyone they wanted because Bo had a low contract.  That has creeped up a fair bit this season and suddenly they lost a few they did not want to.  He is still mid 400s so it is not pronounced entirely yet.  Thing with Bo is I think he gets this and won't ask for top pay next contract...even though he could get it.  BC is in a similar situation where their starter is cheap...and IMO are now one of the top 2 teams.  Esks are an example of a team that gave their best WR and QB top money and talent elsewhere seems to have declined a bit because of it.

It is a crazy balancing act.

As far as the Riders finding their own...Williams is an interesting prospect and we should see the infancy of neglist rollover on QBS this off-season...I stress infancy...QB takes closer to 3 years.

ed ohmnes

Yes but I don't think Reilly would be coming here for $2oo,ooo, he would likely stay where he is ?

depopulationINC

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
Yes but I don't think Reilly would be coming here for $2oo,ooo, he would likely stay where he is ?

who said anything about 200k?

ed ohmnes

Well that's all jones pays for q.b.'s isn't it?  That's what all the fuss about durant was , I thought ,  or was it really that he just didn't want  him.

depopulationINC

Well that's all jones pays for q.b.'s isn't it?  That's what all the fuss about durant was , I thought ,  or was it really that he just didn't want  him.

Get real.  Durant was offered double that.

nowhereman

Quote from: "depopulationINC"

Ppl beaking off about the Durant deal and had no clue what the issue really was, or didn't listen to ppl that actually did know, and chose to just rant on Jones.

DD showed some pretty poor character with his comment after the game that they ungraciously won (deserved or not). DD better not worship or pay homage at the alter of the "football gods" or he'll be sadly disappointed.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "nowhereman"
Quote from: "depopulationINC"

Ppl beaking off about the Durant deal and had no clue what the issue really was, or didn't listen to ppl that actually did know, and chose to just rant on Jones.

DD showed some pretty poor character with his comment after the game that they ungraciously won (deserved or not). DD better not worship or pay homage at the alter of the "football gods" or he'll be sadly disappointed.

I have lost a lot of respect for DD over the past months...he really started the saying stuff to the media thing then was butt hurt when it came back on him in return, then the BS he pulled in the last 10 days of the season which has never come out in media but been talked about here,  then CFL week...man that was one of the saddest things I have ever seen and he was the only negative I drew from the entire event, then the "I didn't want to play for Jones anyways" grow up....yes he did....right up until Jones essentially said 'you need to stay healthy to get full pay and back up your rather continual comments of "I am still the best QB in the CFL"' to get your full ask....that one was just FN hilarious and sounded like something a 12 year old would say.  I have never had anything but respect for Durant and he is a hell of a nice guy to talk to or hang out with and a solid team leader...I still like him but he handled this entire thing extremely poorly.  

http://thestarphoenix.com/sports/footba ... ian-durant
for those who have not seen it
“I wasn’t even focused on it,’’ Durant said Thursday. “I was thinking about my Uncle Mike, who passed, and the football gods. I feel like when you’re treated unfairly, the football gods always remember that. I feel like the football gods came through for myself and my football team in this game. I really believe it.”

ed ohmnes

No worse than how jones handled it from what I see in the news

depopulationINC

No worse than how jones handled it from what I see in the news

Sorry mate...Durant fired the first shots in the media.  Does that mean that Jones should have retaliated...no...but don't pretend that Durant was some innocent little angel in this.

GC Bound

So the first game was pretty good scheme wise but THE PENALTIES, man what does it take to get these players to play by the rules!!
Starting right up where we left off last season with "Undisciplined Play"
Jeez   :cowboy:

sparkyjay

I have lost a lot of respect for DD over the past months...he really started the saying stuff to the media thing then was butt hurt when it came back on him in return, then the BS he pulled in the last 10 days of the season which has never come out in media but been talked about here,[/quote][/quote]

Care to elaborate?  Inquiring minds would like to know the BS that happened the last 10 days of the season. :)

depopulationINC

Quote from: "sparkyjay"
I have lost a lot of respect for DD over the past months...he really started the saying stuff to the media thing then was butt hurt when it came back on him in return, then the BS he pulled in the last 10 days of the season which has never come out in media but been talked about here,
[/quote]

Care to elaborate?  Inquiring minds would like to know the BS that happened the last 10 days of the season. :)[/quote]

It has been discussed on here some...and no...I don't feel like rehashing it all.

GC Bound

Well Drew Willy backing up DD again. Full Circle.
Guess a job's a job.  :cowboy:

depopulationINC

Quote from: "GC Bound"
Well Drew Willy backing up DD again. Full Circle.
Guess a job's a job.  :cowboy:

I think he is actually backing up his backup, or possibly his backup's backup lol

ed ohmnes

Newsome signs in ottawa

Users Online

67 Guests, 2 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bohdon, KevinRiley2, Google (10), Baidu

Most Online Today: 113. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)