depopulationINC

Any word on Otha Foster?
Look up a couple posts

hbw10

Yeah...worth a look...especially with James questionable

Expanding rosters should equate to some added moves

Note that AJ was the contingency at DB.  Hint hint.
I'm hoping this mean Aaron Grymes will be signing soon.
Go Riders Go

depopulationINC

Well...apparently it is cool to say now...Foster has an official offer after some negotiations.  I'm leaning towards him not returning....but you never know

depopulationINC

Ok...sounds like he did take the offer.  TBH, I didn't think he was going to...

Foster is back

Knox is nice...but Sam is no dude...Foster is an insane boost over Dargan...in nominal playing time Moncrief > Dargan...though Dargan might still be a guy to develop. 

I know there are a couple others on the table still....but Seisay is going to be a nice addition as well.  This D just got a lot better the past 2 days.

depopulationINC

Thigpen has signed with the Riders
Likely sign Owens never plays a down and Demski out for a while. 

JimmytheGreek

Yeah I'm hoping Thigpen will be a threat on returns and yeah Owens probably never steps on the field what a waste of cap space that signing was. Still with all the rest of the positives I guess this ones goes as a swing and a miss.

bowl450

Yeah I'm hoping Thigpen will be a threat on returns and yeah Owens probably never steps on the field what a waste of cap space that signing was. Still with all the rest of the positives I guess this ones goes as a swing and a miss.
Owens salary doesn't count against the cap being on the 6 ?

hopefully Thigpen hasn't lost much speed because he was exciting to watch when he was with Hamilton

Lyle B. Style

Too bad about Demski - he was starting to "Get it"

Owens is pretty much hobo status now - injury prone, slowed down non-flyin' Hawaiian . . . .  perhaps one more stop 'n go left in the tank . . . . who knows where?
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

JimmytheGreek

hopefully Thigpen hasn't lost much speed because he was exciting to watch when he was with Hamilton
his salary no but signing boonus does .

depopulationINC

his salary no but signing boonus does .
meh...it is 40k.  I was never a huge fan of signing Owens but never hated it.  He is at least a good guy on the sidelines and really works with the other players...so at least there is some return on the 40 SMS hit.

While not totally liking it...hey, they never saw anyone they were sold on for returning...it was a good option at the time, even if it was more than I would have liked to see them spend...he was good depth.  Now if they had known they would land Jones and he would work out...then this would never have made sense...the crappy part of this whole thing is really that Jones is out.  OJ Jefferson looked like a steaming pile of something something on returns in practice...which was the primary reason for bringing him in...the DB thing was just a bonus and he did better there...but if he can't do returns then he was not filling the need.  I am excited to see what Thigpen has in him after playing in 15 and sitting last season...at 31 I would think he still has a lil something in the tank.

Still hoping on juicier news.

Jindred

Ok...sounds like he did take the offer.  TBH, I didn't think he was going to...

Foster is back

Knox is nice...but Sam is no dude...Foster is an insane boost over Dargan...in nominal playing time Moncrief > Dargan...though Dargan might still be a guy to develop.

I know there are a couple others on the table still....but Seisay is going to be a nice addition as well.  This D just got a lot better the past 2 days.
Yesssssssssss!

Our LB group went from a C+ yo an A with these signings IMO. 

Thigpen is a nice signing too. I remember being really sad when the Riders cut him all those years ago. I was convinced he should have been our starter after training camp and pre-season that year. Then he torched us his first game wth hamilton. 
Then he went to my NFL team and was a great returner there for a year or so! Hope he's still got it! Could be a real asset for us. 

JimmytheGreek

Way off topic here but the Als just canned Chappy and Thorpe. Kavis to be HC for the rest of the season. Interesting times in Montreal.

Taleback

Kinda refreshes the memory a bit from when marshall was H.C. hear for 1/2 a year. Some Eastern fans then put the "coach killer" label on Durant at that time.

depopulationINC

Way off topic here but the Als just canned Chappy and Thorpe. Kavis to be HC for the rest of the season. Interesting times in Montreal.
Yup...story breaks yesterday when ownership says no job is safe so Kavis puts the sacrificials out  slaughter.   Good old fashioned meat shielding...no doubt he was the target of the article. 

JC took over last season and there was immediately and improved team.  Kavis goes in as GM and implodes that front office and got rid of some good people because he was scared of their experience.  He was in cap hell so changes were required but he made some pretty brutal moves and is progressively making worse ones.

He was brought in to chop salary and be a puppet to Jr.  Others passed on the job for that reason.   Even DD...essentially a condition of getting the job and a big contributor to someone else passing on it   he will blame JC as the reason for even getting DD and DD will be looking for work next season....all while DD has SFA to pass to because Joe Mack of all people is his assistant, along with someone who is super smart and brilliant behind the scenes and does well in her role but provides little on scouting and recruitment...new talent...they have a massive gap.

And now they just let go the best DC in the league...was he a threat to Kavis or did he snap when he was once again passed over as Kavis steps in to drill some more holes in the ship.

nowhereman

A "little" OT but, the Schmoes signed AJ Jefferson 😂

BREAKING: The Edmonton Eskimos have signed international defensive back A.J. Jefferson.

Users Online

91 Guests, 14 Users (15 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Iconic SR, bohdon, sully, Chewbaca1973, Johnny Ticat slayer, dcmoses, KevinRiley2, ExPat, Mark, bobo82, danoc_86, RichardVeilleux, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)