nowhereman

Riders trade OL Guy to Stamps for the rights to national defensive back Adam Laurensse selected in the 7th round of the 2017 draft

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/31/stamps-acquire-ol-guy-trade-riders/

depopulationINC

Interesting
...something had to give OL wise...I mean I am shocked they have retained this many so long.  Given the Stamps have been concerned about national OL depth since before camp I am surprised they could not pick more up though. 

Guy sounded keen on staying in Regina...so that aspect sucks as well.

depopulationINC

Collarous ?   Why would they want him now, we don't need him, we need to develope the guys we got,  he's wat out of anyone's price range to boot.  Seriously, they need to train their own guy , not always picking up someone who can't perform elsewhere,  he's probably shell shocked by now.
Because ZC is a very good QB in a bad situation. If he is open to a reasonable renegotion he is a solid pickup.  I'm thinking good chance he goes back to the Argos though 

ed ohmnes

That's that's not saying much for the guys they have here now.  And he's the highest paid q.b. In the league, is he not ?

JimmytheGreek

I would stay away from Zach as he is showing signs of  "Willyness"  meaning he hears footsteps at the snap of the ball and gets happy feet. No way I would give up what the Argos were reported to have been offerering earlier. 3 NI's and a draftpick? No fricken way is he worth that. I guess the Argos thought better of it too and now are reporting they would offer less. Still to even consider him he would have to take a major haircut to the tune of around 300-350k and add bonuses after that. 

Like I said I would shy away from him period but if they do make an offer I would go with an NI kicker perhaps jsj and a 3rd round pick in 2019. That wouldn't get the deal done and I would be perfectly happy about that.

I doubt if Zach will be Hamilton next year and I think the Franklin sweepstakes list just grew a bit longer with probably the Argos, posssibly the Lions if Jennings is a bust, perhaps Ottawas if Harris isn't getting it done and of course the Riders in the mix. Winner takes all and the rest are left with the cast offs. 

depopulationINC

That's that's not saying much for the guys they have here now.  And he's the highest paid q.b. In the league, is he not ?
Hence "renegotiate"

And it is always a bonus to pick up some experience there if the contract can be worked to make sense.

depopulationINC

I would stay away from Zach as he is showing signs of  "Willyness"  meaning he hears footsteps at the snap of the ball and gets happy feet. No way I would give up what the Argos were reported to have been offerering earlier. 3 NI's and a draftpick? No fricken way is he worth that. I guess the Argos thought better of it too and now are reporting they would offer less. Still to even consider him he would have to take a major haircut to the tune of around 300-350k and add bonuses after that.  

Like I said I would shy away from him period but if they do make an offer I would go with an NI kicker perhaps jsj and a 3rd round pick in 2019. That wouldn't get the deal done and I would be perfectly happy about that.

I doubt if Zach will be Hamilton next year and I think the Franklin sweepstakes list just grew a bit longer with probably the Argos, posssibly the Lions if Jennings is a bust, perhaps Ottawas if Harris isn't getting it done and of course the Riders in the mix. Winner takes all and the rest are left with the cast offs.
I don't think ZC is suffering PTSD just yet.   Yeah...he hears footsteps...but only because they are there lol.  If he was not pressing so hard I would be more inclined to agree.

Definitely agree on Franklin sweepstakes...and that is why Jones and Co are not hedging all of their bets there.  Being proactive and picking up Adams was smart...if ZC becomes available for low enough trade equity and salary...do it.  You can still chase Franklin and move or release another guy...even if it were ZC.  All this said...if would not sell the farm on ZC or anything...if this is a situation of getting the right deal.  Seeing as Argos are likely interested in can not see Jones realistically getting into any kind of bidding war on Zach

nowhereman

Sask. Roughriders @sskroughriders

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the following roster moves:

ADDED TO PR:
•International RB, Josh Harris. #CFL

Jindred

Both Knox and Otha Foster have been cut from their NFL teams. Doubt that Foster at 29 makes another team or goes to a PR. I'd love to see him back to sure up our LBs. 

At 25 I could see a few other teams taking a look at Knox or him making a PR, but again I'd love to have him back. Our LB Corp could go from mediocre to fantastic. Muamba, Knox and Foster. 
Maybe just a pipe dream but I'd like to think we'd get first shot at em as we gave them both an early release and Foster seems to like playing for Jones. 

depopulationINC

Both Knox and Otha Foster have been cut from their NFL teams. Doubt that Foster at 29 makes another team or goes to a PR. I'd love to see him back to sure up our LBs.

At 25 I could see a few other teams taking a look at Knox or him making a PR, but again I'd love to have him back. Our LB Corp could go from mediocre to fantastic. Muamba, Knox and Foster.
Maybe just a pipe dream but I'd like to think we'd get first shot at em as we gave them both an early release and Foster seems to like playing for Jones.
Otha has had a chat, not sure on Knox other than at the end of last year both parties stated that they would be interested in continuing together if the CFL became the option at some point.

Jindred

Otha has had a chat, not sure on Knox other than at the end of last year both parties stated that they would be interested in continuing together if the CFL became the option at some point.
That is exciting. Though I'm gonna keep my hopes low. 

nowhereman

In addition to signing Knox,

"The team also announced they have added international defensive lineman T.J. Barnes, international defensive back Mohammed Seisay and international offensive lineman Terran Vaughn to the practice roster and have released international defensive back A.J. Jefferson, international defnsive lineman Tavares Bingham and international linebacker Will Ratelle."

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/09/11/riders-bring-back-lb-jeff-knox-jr/

JimmytheGreek

Barnes is a big dude 6'7 and  over 350 lbs. The word is that he doesn't seem to use his size though to over power guys smaller then him and that is one reason he isn't in the NFL  Hopefully that has or can be changed because that is a lot of man to handle if he uses his size to his advantage.

depopulationINC

Yeah...worth a look...especially with James questionable 

Expanding rosters should equate to some added moves

Note that AJ was the contingency at DB.  Hint hint.

Jindred

Any word on Otha Foster? 

Users Online

208 Guests, 15 Users (13 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, ExPat, toddstattoo, DisplacedCatsFan, Grover, tabbiefanmcb, Mightygoose, cheater, tcmike, rcon, bowl450, Rick16, papazoola, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 261. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)