depopulationINC

A "little" OT but, the Schmoes signed AJ Jefferson 😂

BREAKING: The Edmonton Eskimos have signed international defensive back A.J. Jefferson.

Not shocking...they are banged up and need some help.  I mentioned he looked bad on returns in practice...which is why he was brought in...but he is still alright in coverage.

nowhereman

nowhereman

Dunk thinks the Riders are going to bring in ORB returner/receiver Daje Johnson

http://3downnation.com/2017/09/18/riders-set-to-bring-in-former-redblacks-receiverreturner-daje-johnson/
Apparently true

NON-ACTIVE                   18-Sep-17
SSK ADD  INT Daje JOHNSON (RB)    Texas

depopulationINC

Dunk thinks the Riders are going to bring in ORB returner/receiver Daje Johnson

http://3downnation.com/2017/09/18/riders-set-to-bring-in-former-redblacks-receiverreturner-daje-johnson/
They already did actually.  It was reported this AM and put up on the transaction page at that time.  He missed the boat on it by several hours.

depopulationINC

Rod is reporting that Brouillette is going to be at practice tomorrow...fairly surprising, but a nice boost as I am sure Edem will be out.

The bigger news...Bouka will be there as well!  This is one of the ones I was waiting on...he was giving one last go down south but was prepped to come here this week and now is.

1 more I am still hopeful for...but not banking on.  There was also another one (a WR) that some mild talks are going on with...

nguyenMTL

Rod is reporting that Brouillette is going to be at practice tomorrow...fairly surprising, but a nice boost as I am sure Edem will be out.
This is somewhat perplexing news about Brouillette, considering that until recently, he was practicing law in central-east Montreal.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/ex-alouette-marc-olivier-brouillette-makes-transition-to-career-in-law

depopulationINC

Montori Hughes at DT

https://www.riderville.com/2017/09/2...eptember-20th/

Hopefully this means that Barnes is not sticking...pushover for a man of his size

I love that they are digging with James out.

Also...Bombers released Thorpe because he did not want to sit on the PR...and rightfully so.  He produced when playing and should be on the 46.  Hoping the Riders pick him up and let Ford go.  Way more versatile 

depopulationINC

Grymes was one I was hoping for but not optimistic on...when the Esks moved Chambers salary out I assumed it was to make SMS room for him...seems to be the case

Taleback

Hey Depop. Do you know how long Bouka signed for. Is it just the rest of this year or next as well?

nowhereman

Looks like C. Jones is off the 6 game and on the roster

Sept 22
SSK ADD FROM INJURED INT Christion JONES (RB)    Alabama – Removed from 6-game injured list

depopulationINC

Hey Depop. Do you know how long Bouka signed for. Is it just the rest of this year or next as well?
I have heard unofficially through 2019.  They wouldn't likely offer him a 2017 only contract at this point.

I will ask him if I get the chance this weekend and see what he says, but he loves the D, so that is a good sign.

nythril

Any updates on today's injured? Roosevelt - Glenn - in particular.

nythril

Odd transaction .... from CFL site ... hope this doesn't indicate Roosevelt done for the year :(. And Winnipeg adds from Calgary then flips to sask?

WPG ADD  NAT Brett BLASZKO (WR)    Calgary

WPG TRF TO SSK NAT Brett BLASZKO (WR)    Calgary – in Transit

nowhereman

Odd transaction .... from CFL site ... hope this doesn't indicate Roosevelt done for the year :(. And Winnipeg adds from Calgary then flips to sask?

WPG ADD  NAT Brett BLASZKO (WR)    Calgary

WPG TRF TO SSK NAT Brett BLASZKO (WR)    Calgary – in Transit
Blaszko played his college ball at Calgary (the name at the end of the player for all the transactions). I suspect he was put on the roster to enable the trade with SSK. Hard to know where Rosie is at until he undergoes assessment and the club releases the results.

depopulationINC

WPG ADD  NAT Brett BLASZKO (WR)    Calgary

WPG TRF TO SSK NAT Brett BLASZKO (WR)    Calgary – in Transit
No...it means Devon Bailey may be too banged up to play and Demsky is very unlikely to be back at all.  Precautionary move.

also...Blasko was not with the Stamps...from Calgary CIS.   He has with the Lions and cut in camp IIRC and the Bombers picked him up then...been around the team all year.  I assume the activation transaction was placing him on the active roster from the PR to facilitate the trade.

Roosevelt is a whole other matter.  Even if he feels 100%...which I have heard he is feeling pretty good...I suspect they give him a game or 2 off either way. 

Users Online

92 Guests, 15 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, dcmoses, SteelCitySteve, Mightygoose, schmenger, Taleback, Rider_6, ed ohmnes, bedrock, ArgoT, Cool, 2ez, Lyle B. Style, Yahoo!, Google (9), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 144. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)