JimmytheGreek

nowhereman

Ex-NFL RB Trent Richardson on his way to Regina

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/22/trent-richardson-on-his-way-to-regina-with-intent-of-finalizing-deal-with-riders/
Waste of time most likely. Did nothing after college.  
Sounds like Jones isn't too concerned right now, focusing (rightly so) on the Edmo game. If he makes it here fine, if not, then he doesn't.
https://www.riderville.com/2017/08/22/notebook-chris-jones-isnt-worried-trent-richardson/

depopulationINC

I would love to have a guy like him around late in a season.
not sure how a neg list and giving him a shot is a bad move...worst case scenario is a release and thanks for coming out.  Everything I have read on him makes it sound like he was not prepared to be a pro and was too used to structure...seems he has realized he has to put his regiment on himself...if he has progressed that as it sounds he could be a great pickup.

That said...it sounds like he is backing out because he doesn't like the idea of the option.

nowhereman

not sure how a neg list and giving him a shot is a bad move...worst case scenario is a release and thanks for coming out.  Everything I have read on him makes it sound like he was not prepared to be a pro and was too used to structure...seems he has realized he has to put his regiment on himself...if he has progressed that as it sounds he could be a great pickup.

That said...it sounds like he is backing out because he doesn't like the idea of the option.
Apparently not smart enough to know he could get his release in the second year if he had a legit NFL offer. That being said, does he realistically think after being off an active roster this long, that he'd be killing it enough in one year to get another shot?

depopulationINC

not sure how a neg list and giving him a shot is a bad move...worst case scenario is a release and thanks for coming out.  Everything I have read on him makes it sound like he was not prepared to be a pro and was too used to structure...seems he has realized he has to put his regiment on himself...if he has progressed that as it sounds he could be a great pickup.

Apparently not smart enough to know he could get his release in the second year if he had a legit NFL offer. That being said, does he realistically think after being off an active roster this long, that he'd be killing it enough in one year to get another shot?
As a running back...I would say it is possible.  Pretty unlikely having missed camp and coming in part way though yes.  Honestly...seems like this has potential to have simply been a ploy for attention to try to draw interest.  As for the being released after one to explore options...I would find it unlikely a team would readily agree to that in this situation...not half way through the year.  If it was a full season...yeah, probably.

nowhereman

As a running back...I would say it is possible.  Pretty unlikely having missed camp and coming in part way though yes.  Honestly...seems like this has potential to have simply been a ploy for attention to try to draw interest.  As for the being released after one to explore options...I would find it unlikely a team would readily agree to that in this situation...not half way through the year.  If it was a full season...yeah, probably.
Probably should have said for what's left of the year. You're probably right that if he had a full camp and season that's it's possible.

nowhereman

Riders release DL McAdoo

https://www.discovermoosejaw.com/local-sports/55453-riders-release-mcadoo-following-trade#.WaWxiUk5dhg.twitter

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announce the following:

ADDED TO PR:
•National linebacker, Beau Landry
•National kicker, Brett Lauther

ed ohmnes

So mcAdoo is gone, and we gave up a receiver for him, is that what's happened here.  Why would you trade for someone and then release him,  did he not want to be here ?  Or am I missing something.

Abendschan

Over in Hamilton Xavier Fulton was released - contract salary dump perhaps?
Empire Stadium Nov. 1st 1970  Autographed - Jack Abendschan

nowhereman

So mcAdoo is gone, and we gave up a receiver for him, is that what's happened here.  Why would you trade for someone and then release him,  did he not want to be here ?  Or am I missing something.
If they're dumping him for another roster spot (or some other immediate need)...would you rather just outright release him and get nothing, or take a chance to get a player that could possibly work out  :o ?

nowhereman

And/or poor performance (X is having knee issues from the chatter)

nowhereman

From https://www.cfl.ca/transactions/

ROSTER

SSK ADD INT AJ JEFFERSON (DB) Fresno State

SSK TRF TO INJURED INT Christion JONES (RB) Alabama – to Oct-12 (Sep-30)

Sask. Roughriders @sskroughriders

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the following roster moves:

ADDED TO PR:
•Int'l DL, Tavares Bingham

depopulationINC

He is done.  The Riders knew when to get out.  Love X and he was a warrior and a top end OT, but it was clear in his last stint in Sask that he was struggling after many plays.  This was a situation where they moved on from a player a smidge early instead of a smidge late.  I really hope X considers coaching, as I think he would be very good.

depopulationINC

If they're dumping him for another roster spot (or some other immediate need)...would you rather just outright release him and get nothing, or take a chance to get a player that could possibly work out  :o ?

For sure...
Collins is a solid receiver....being in a position where you can move a solid receiver is a good problem to have...fact they got anything is great.

Holley > Collins and they are having a hard time getting Holley in there...A Grant is also very promising as well...plus Owens is good to go now....something had to give.

I hate to see him go...but he wanted to play and was not at a point he wanted to sit on the 6 or PR...so it was a trade or a release...heard they tried moving him for a few weeks and this came up as a part of a potential Collaros trade around bye week. 

ed ohmnes

Collarous ?   Why would they want him now, we don't need him, we need to develope the guys we got,  he's wat out of anyone's price range to boot.  Seriously, they need to train their own guy , not always picking up someone who can't perform elsewhere,  he's probably shell shocked by now.

Users Online

202 Guests, 17 Users (11 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, cheater, DisplacedCatsFan, toddstattoo, ExPat, tabbiefanmcb, Grover, tcmike, rcon, bowl450, bobo82, Rick16, papazoola, TheBreeze, smokeystover, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 261. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)