The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the following roster moves:

SIGNED TO PRACTICE ROSTER:

International quarterback Vad Lee
    National offensive lineman Aaron Picton
    National offensive lineman T-Dre Player

RELEASED:

National offensive lineman Hasan Hazime

nice to see Picton back,
Player, was drafted by BC 12th overall in 2014 and was cut in June of this year.
Lee looks like a project as he's only 23 ?

depopulationINC

Lee was involved in the recent trade with the Esks for the DT.

They also:
brought in Bastien for depth because Chambers got dinged up
brought in N LB/FB Marvin Golding...who was an interesting prospect but got dinged for doping/PED in 2015and got a CIS ban (he was in camp as well)
Dyer is back...which was anticipated by most I think

Released...international Sammy Brown and N OL Alex McKay...I suspect McKay will be around town for a while yet.

2 territorial exemption players were also brought in...can't recall who at the moment...but I think it was 2 OL

Linden53

Depop; Territory OL from the Regina thunder are, Chad Teskey and Matt Knight

nowhereman

Riders trade LB Alex Ogbongbemiga to Esks for DT Gregory Alexandre and release kicker Johnny Mark

http://www.riderville.com/2016/08/08/ri ... h-eskimos/

depopulationINC

SIGNED:

International defensive back Kacy Rodgers

ADDED TO PRACTICE ROSTER:

National running back Dillon Campbell
International running back Michael Ford
National defensive lineman Makana Henry
International wide receiver Caleb Holley
International linebacker Marte Sears

RELEASED:

National defensive back Joel Brtka
International quarterback B.J. Coleman
International defensive lineman Cedric McKinley
National offensive lineman D-Tre Player

RETIRED:

International defensive back Terrelll Maze

nowhereman

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
SIGNED:

RELEASED:

RETIRED:

Revolving door...especially for Picton  :?

depopulationINC

Quote from: "nowhereman"
Quote from: "depopulationINC"
SIGNED:

RELEASED:

RETIRED:

Revolving door...especially for Picton  :?

I assume that means Best is returning for the game....perhaps more likely Vonk

JimmytheGreek

I guess this is the shot  gun method of finding players. Shoot enough times and your bound to hit something. It's becoming a bit of joke. Bring a player in, then dump them ,then bring back again. Round and round and around we go where it stops nobody knows. I think another name for it would be the crap shoot method, roll the dice take your chances. Unfortunately we seem to coming up snake eyes too often.

Probably 90% of these guys won't get past two weeks and back on the carousel  we go again. Wheee. Nothing wrong with continuing  to try and find better players but just to bring any  player in whether go bad or past their best before date is a waste of time and resources. It reeks of desperation.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "
I guess this is the shot  gun method of finding players. Shoot enough times and your bound to hit something. It's becoming a bit of joke. Bring a player in, then dump them ,then bring back again. Round and round and around we go where it stops nobody knows. I think another name for it would be the crap shoot method, roll the dice take your chances. Unfortunately we seem to coming up snake eyes too often.

Probably 90% of these guys won't get past two weeks and back on the carousel  we go again. Wheee. Nothing wrong with continuing  to try and find better players but just to bring any  player in whether go bad or past their best before date is a waste of time and resources. It reeks of desperation.

So what, you believe they should say "good enough" and call it a day?  Fact is that it takes a year to get the neg list reasonable and 3 to get it where you want it.  It takes a full year of scouting and recruiting to get that kicked in properly.  There will also be a bunch more changes to this team once the NFL cuts start kicking in in a few weeks...most of those players have never been available to CFL clubs at this point....will be interesting to see if they had enough time to evaluate borderline NFL players and Neg a few that will become available....I think that is a big part of building this team this year.  The only reason Picton was brought in was the insane amount of injuries on the OL...now he is gone.  If more injuries happen he will get another call.  I do like Sears getting another crack...he was a surprise cut out of camp for me.  I like that they are bringing in piles of RBs to try to find something.  Dillon Campbell is actually a nice pickup...pretty good NI RB prospect if he is given time to improve his blocking...assuming has the ability to improve.  The rest of his game is pretty good.

JimmytheGreek

Your missing my point. I said it is good to continue to try and improve the team but Makana Henry  29 years old and  hasn't played since 2009. Really? I mean talk about taking a break from the game. Honestly does this sound like a reasonable prospect? Come on man 6 years away  is a career to some players. Michael Ford has been with Hamilton before and 5'10 and 216   pounds, while not small he isn't  that big either. Obviously at 26 he isn't a young and upcoming back either. Again it seems like we are dumpster diving for anything or anyone.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "
Your missing my point. I said it is good to continue to try and improve the team but Makana Henry  29 years old and  hasn't played since 2009. Really? I mean talk about taking a break from the game. Honestly does this sound like a reasonable prospect? Come on man 6 years away  is a career to some players. Michael Ford has been with Hamilton before and 5'10 and 216   pounds, while not small he isn't  that big either. Obviously at 26 he isn't a young and upcoming back either. Again it seems like we are dumpster diving for anything or anyone.

216 is actually upper end by CFL standards for a RB....not a pile that are over 220 unless they are nationals.  26 is still a fairly young RB...especially when he has not been a feature back due to his couple cracks in the NFL and only doing half a season last year with the Cats because of that.   He is actually a pretty good back but lost out to Grisby mainly on receiving ability

Makana Henry seems like a "meh" signing but I think the recent moves they have made on the DL shows clear recognition that they need to make changes...that is 2 NI DTs brought in this week....not easy to find those mid season after their only real hope there only showed up to camp to tell them he was retiring face to face...so picking up anything to see what you can do with it is a good thing.  They moved a LB that they have pretty good young depth at and brought someone in to look at and now this...sucks because all 3 LB were potential contributors...but Grondin is the guy to develop......now this.  If Henry was an international I would totally agree with you...not so much as a national....I just hope the mess from his past is just that....his past

nowhereman

bowl450

with the release of Cedrick McKinley there is no requirement to fulfill the conditional future portion of the trade ?
another former Eskimo player who let Chris Jones down.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "nowhereman"
Riders sign QB Brandon Bridge

http://www.riderville.com/2016/08/10/ri ... on-bridge/

I don't understand this one...I see no benefit in it unless they want to shift him to WR or something....which I could see

ed ohmnes

so this is basically a wasted year,  totally un necesary

Users Online

92 Guests, 14 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RichardVeilleux, heapbag, Abendschan, Iconic SR, popo, Brass, letsgoticats, raymarkca, Mightygoose, tcmike, CFL2USA, Sidney, NZFan, Yahoo!, Google (12), Baidu (2)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)