GC Bound

No line, no confidence.  No QB is going to look confident when they are getting hit on 25% of the plays...I don't care who you put in there.  keep them clean for a couple games and confidence will grow.  Right now they have some good video of being kept clean.  That is something to build on.
Question, the O-line has been an ongoing issue in this team rebuild (2years) and here we are with serious issues.
Who is responsible for scouting O lineman and why does it seem this has not been at a priority level that building the Defensive line is/has been?
IMO, to be at this place, this time in the second season is a real concern.

depopulationINC

Question, the O-line has been an ongoing issue in this team rebuild (2years) and here we are with serious issues.
Who is responsible for scouting O lineman and why does it seem this has not been at a priority level that building the Defensive line is/has been?
Multiple people scout it.

It has been a priority.  Canadian OL are not just sitting around.  They actually found a couple respectable prospects in camps....which is very rare.....I wont be shocked if Dalton Houghton is back at some point.

JSJ being a bust thus far doesn't help (I never would have drafted him...but the guy I would have seems a bust as well).  

I think they banked too much on JSJ being ready...he seemed to be in the offseason.  Him going down really hurt and their views on him was a massive part of the high risk draft this year in the first round.  Had he not been looking so good in the offseason I think they would have drafted differently...there were a couple good OL on the board, but Jones does like going for the homerun in that first round....over the fence or strikeout.  Not a huge fan of that...but I get it.

Zver retiring was also a kick in the gnads.  

But they have brought in some good prospects like Meredith, Guy, White (who IMO never should have been released if he was indeed healthy...not convinced he was/is), Zver.  All of these were good names.  in combination with a couple allstar imports that have come in and not made it that should point to a combination of OL coach and OC...mainly OLC, but not him alone.  The previous OLC was moved to an assistant ST role...that should tell you something.  The guy they brought in might turn out to be fabulous but he had never experienced the CFL before and a 1 yard gap is probably the 2nd most significant difference between games (waggle would be #1 and the extra player #3).  A lil something something around this was my recent falling out of sorts....I will leave that at that.

To a lesser degree, Aduesi was a a surprise.  He had a strong camp and was largely showing better than Bladek....but he was just awful in the game so they cut ties.

GC Bound

Thanks for the info Depop.
I get that O-lineman aren't sitting around.
If it's been 2 years and we haven't solidified an O-line, and without that there will be no Grey Cup imo.

I certainly hope some gems find their way here and 'stick' sooooon!

depopulationINC

Thanks for the info Depop.
I get that O-lineman aren't sitting around.
If it's been 2 years and we haven't solidified an O-line, and without that there will be no Grey Cup imo.

I certainly hope some gems find their way here and 'stick' sooooon!
Bladek isn't great yet...but everything about him indicates he will be a gooder.

I agree it is concerning they have not solidified things...at the same time they have had some poor luck with it....mixed with some questionable decisions and IMO poor OL coaching

JimmytheGreek

I don't know even if we had the very best of the very best of players if they would look like it under the OLC and OC we have. We have had  good linemen but  with the  two clowns and they looked poor and have moved to other teams and are fine. Keep both of them and I don't expect to see a great improvement in the O line play. For whatever reason Jones and MacaDon't are glued together but it's costing this team wins in my opinion. Jones always says that cutting or trading players is tough but its done in the best interest of the team and organization. He needs to apply the same philosophy with his coaches. No way, no how is MacaDon't the best OC out there and I feel the same way about our OLC. Both need to be given there walking papers and the sooner the better.  

Taleback

Two QB systems is not new and we have a concussed starter and two backups with big ?behind their names.

Given that - you're suggesting we sacrifice one of them in the sake of 'development'? Seriously? Both QBs got valuable game reps and didn't get slaughtered. THAT builds confidence.

Jones handled the game and situation well. He outcoached June Jones by a mile.

Show me YOUR Grey Cup rings.
Mike Neumeir?

depopulationINC

I don't know even if we had the very best of the very best of players if they would look like it under the OLC and OC we have. We have had  good linemen but  with the  two clowns and they looked poor and have moved to other teams and are fine. Keep both of them and I don't expect to see a great improvement in the O line play. For whatever reason Jones and MacaDon't are glued together but it's costing this team wins in my opinion. Jones always says that cutting or trading players is tough but its done in the best interest of the team and organization. He needs to apply the same philosophy with his coaches. No way, no how is MacaDon't the best OC out there and I feel the same way about our OLC. Both need to be given there walking papers and the sooner the better.  

I am no McAdoo booster...but this is a little over the top ridiculous.  in 2016 the Esks put up the 2nd or 3rd most yards at around 7000 and were I think 3rd in scoring.  They did this with Reilly being out half a season.  

I could say a lot more on the OLC situation but will hold off for now.

Users Online

69 Guests, 8 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
mycko75, ExPat, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, IceTheKicker, btharner, MrLucky, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (9), Baidu

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)