greenandwhite

Special Teams and D won that game.

I think Bridge crossed the plane of the goal before the fumble. Should have had another 6 - at least.

Ugly - but a win is a win.
Ya that camera angle wasn't conclusive as it wasn't right down the goal line. Unless the command center had another angle at the very least it was inconclusive

FootbalYouBet

Special Teams and D won that game.

I think Bridge crossed the plane of the goal before the fumble. Should have had another 6 - at least.

Ugly - but a win is a win.
naah, it was very clear on replay that he did not
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

GC Bound

So now some serous prep for the Rematch in Hamilton.
It could be very exciting if a/the "2"Quarterback system was employed. Might be just the "kink" needed to a winning recipe.
The 2 QB system has worked (shutdown defenses) for some teams in the past, Eskimos for one team comes to mind back in the 70's helping to solidify their many year dynasty.
Anyway, seeing both young QB's out there running for their lives was exciting and probably helped to win this last game.
I say go for it.
Go Riders Go

Abendschan

we are very lucky we won that game, and no Bridge needed to stay in game. and Jones still needs to go
Entertainment Defense spoke volumes about the Cats vs Riders football game last night and both QB's Bridge and Watford celebrated the victory together. Sensational    

StormRider1

This has to go down as the most as s kissing comment in the history of this site. What picture does Jones have of you that you want kept hidden??
;D  yep!!

Iconic SR

This has to go down as the most as s kissing comment in the history of this site. What picture does Jones have of you that you want kept hidden??
Two QB systems is not new and we have a concussed starter and two backups with big ?behind their names.

Given that - you're suggesting we sacrifice one of them in the sake of 'development'? Seriously? Both QBs got valuable game reps and didn't get slaughtered. THAT builds confidence.

Jones handled the game and situation well. He outcoached June Jones by a mile.

Show me YOUR Grey Cup rings.

depopulationINC

they didn't do it by offense tho.
Funny thing is that the Rider D slowed the Cats down a little more each drive and while the Rider O was not impressive it did a little better as time progressed.  The second half the Riders actually squeeked out more yards...190 to 180

depopulationINC

I am not a huge fan of it but I actually liked it in this situation.  Bridge last week was trying to do too much.  They took him out so he could look at the D and resettle.  Not always going to work...this game it seemed to work pretty good.  QBs were a lil afraid to press and make the big mistake.....which is not necessarily a bad thing.

ed ohmnes

I would like to see them put 1 guy in and let him make his mistakes and learn.  Remember Edmonton gave Reilly a whole season to figure the game out,  I think they wan 3 games that year, but it paid off. As far as Collaros,  i’m Not sure we’ll ever see much out of him,  concussions see to come easier and easier with each hit.  And they don’t even have to be that bad, although. Crosby came back pretty good, but he took a full year and a half.  I guess every player re-acts different to conclusions.?

GC Bound

I am not a huge fan of it but I actually liked it in this situation.  Bridge last week was trying to do too much.  They took him out so he could look at the D and resettle.  Not always going to work...this game it seemed to work pretty good.  QBs were a lil afraid to press and make the big mistake.....which is not necessarily a bad thing.
I've never minded the 2 QB system. I think it adds a 3rd. dimension.
I've heard defensive players state it can be like playing 2 different offensive teams in the same game.
Very difficult to implement effective defense against this type of Offensive strategy.
When you have the schemes and the players that can pull it off.... and it works......it can be very exciting to watch.

nowhereman

I've heard defensive players state it can be like playing 2 different offensive teams in the same game.
Very difficult to implement effective defense against this type of Offensive strategy.
When you have the schemes and the players that can pull it off.... and it works......it can be very exciting to watch.
I’m looking at it as a frequent reset for Bridge, without the emotional crush of being totally pulled.

depopulationINC

naah, it was very clear on replay that he did not
Yeah, even with the angle in mind, that was not across.  

They do need to invest in cameras that stay on the line though.

depopulationINC

I thought they actually called a fairly good game.  Mistakes made but overall I thought it was a well called O game though...or one of the better McAdoo games anyways.  There was a healthy dose of rushing and they were given plays that they were not asked to do too much.  The previous game when they pressed down field a lot of mistakes were made.  They concentrated on a lot of quicker reads.  You won't put up the big numbers like that but the OL had a good game (Coleman aside) and gelled.  These QBs have been getting crushed this season...this was an important game to try to get the OL on the same page.  The QBs are playing with fear because of how often they get hit.  The perfect example when Lawrence came off the edge...the OT (Vaughn's side IIRC) had him soundly blocked...but he got big (made a big jump). He wasn't getting through...but Bridge panicked and did his stupid spin move and went to scramble...caused a sack.  He had solid protection but they are playing scared.  Who can fault them really?  If the D is playing well, this is the type of O to run for a couple of games.  Get everyone's confidence up.  Once the OL is playing like this for a while then you see the playbook expanded.  I don't go to bat for McAdoo very often....I have to in this one.  There were also a lot of dumpoffs by Bridge where it was clear he was not reading the D and should have looked elsewhere...that comes with reps...but this was a well called game.  Put an experienced QB in that game and I think solid numbers are put up....something in the 250 yard range against a very solid D.  OC can't make the reads for the QB and he can't un-miss some of the non-OL blocks for receivers. 

GC Bound

I thought they actually called a fairly good game.  Mistakes made but overall I thought it was a well called O game though...or one of the better McAdoo games anyways.  There was a healthy dose of rushing and they were given plays that they were not asked to do too much.  The previous game when they pressed down field a lot of mistakes were made.  They concentrated on a lot of quicker reads.  You won't put up the big numbers like that but the OL had a good game (Coleman aside) and gelled.  These QBs have been getting crushed this season...this was an important game to try to get the OL on the same page.  The QBs are playing with fear because of how often they get hit.  The perfect example when Lawrence came off the edge...the OT (Vaughn's side IIRC) had him soundly blocked...but he got big (made a big jump). He wasn't getting through...but Bridge panicked and did his stupid spin move and went to scramble...caused a sack.  He had solid protection but they are playing scared.  Who can fault them really?  If the D is playing well, this is the type of O to run for a couple of games.  Get everyone's confidence up.  Once the OL is playing like this for a while then you see the playbook expanded.  I don't go to bat for McAdoo very often....I have to in this one.  There were also a lot of dumpoffs by Bridge where it was clear he was not reading the D and should have looked elsewhere...that comes with reps...but this was a well called game.  Put an experienced QB in that game and I think solid numbers are put up....something in the 250 yard range against a very solid D.  OC can't make the reads for the QB and he can't un-miss some of the non-OL blocks for receivers.
Agree with your assessment.
NO Doubt an experienced QB would make all the difference, especially one that's not mentally scared of being hit.
Last confident QB I've watched in Regina was KG.

depopulationINC

Agree with your assessment.
NO Doubt an experienced QB would make all the difference, especially one that's not mentally scared of being hit.
Last confident QB I've watched in Regina was KG.
No line, no confidence.  No QB is going to look confident when they are getting hit on 25% of the plays...I don't care who you put in there.  keep them clean for a couple games and confidence will grow.  Right now they have some good video of being kept clean.  That is something to build on.

Users Online

43 Guests, 2 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
OskeeweeneeVI, MadJack, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)