nowhereman

According to Dunk they’ve signed Ticat 2017 draft pick CDN OL Braden Schram to a 2 yr deal

@CFL_News #Riders sign former #Ticats Canadian OL Braden Schram (via @JDunk12) (link: http://3downnation.com/2018/07/02/riders-sign-former-ticats-canadian-ol-braden-schram/) 3downnation.com/2018/07/02/rid… #CFL
umm yeah that is what depop and I were talking about. See posts a couple above. ;)
Sry, missed that (sigh) 😔

depopulationINC

@sskroughriders
ADDED TO PRACTICE ROSTER: •International DB, Matt Elam

RELEASED: •International QB, Jeremy Johnson

Apparently Johnson didn’t work out…in any capacity
"shocking" lol

He was being looked at as more than a QB...thank god, because he is a terrible QB.  I know Daniels was not the future, but FFS, bring him back.  Him or Williams.  They don't need the future now, they need someone who knows the system for a few weeks.
Let me guess DE or cb?
He repped at CB.  

Personally, I don't mind an athletic QB trying out at CB.  It is a good transition.  Marshall is a solid example of that.  Zero issues with bringing guys in for a look like that.

JimmytheGreek

LB Khalil Bass released by TO 🤔
https://www.tsn.ca/argos-release-veterans-bass-tyms-1.1128878
Not sure we are really in the marker for an LB though. Heck it wouldn't hurt to kick the tires though. bring him in and have a look and if he is better then what we have fine, if not then hit the road Jack. Although if the Argos cut bait on him then it would make me wonder. 

depopulationINC

LB Khalil Bass released by TO 🤔
https://www.tsn.ca/argos-release-veterans-bass-tyms-1.1128878
Not sure we are really in the marker for an LB though. Heck it wouldn't hurt to kick the tires though. bring him in and have a look and if he is better then what we have fine, if not then hit the road Jack. Although if the Argos cut bait on him then it would make me wonder.
no

Also...This perhaps means that one of Reed or Woods is ready to return.

JimmytheGreek

Getting back to the O line issues and coaching. I would imagine it would be pretty hard for ODay to walk into Jones's office and say the O line sucks and its  Scheper's fault, I'm going to step in and show them the  right way. I mean Jones brought him in and we all know how Jones will live or die with the guys he brings in on staff (Macadon't)  if he showed film just on the O line and what they are doing wrong now as opposed before Scheper took over they were doing it right. He then could perhaps bringing in someone like Chris Best who is not on staff and have him help out. Now I don't know if Best is even available or would be willing to do it or would he even be a good teacher. Point is for ODay to say he is going to do it would be a pretty big pill to swallow for Jones. Not saying he shouldn't man up and realize after seeing the film that the guy he is using sucks at it. I would have thought with supposedly how diligent Jones is suppose to be that he would be looking at film himself and realize that there is a problem somewhere, that being said though after watching the mess  that Carter is at CB you  would have thought the same thing but obviously that isn't the case. Perhaps it would be best if ODay and Murphs team up and approach Jones on the issue. I don't know or care who does it or how they do it as long  as the fricken problem is cleared up. Sure we could use a couple of better O linemen but I highly doubt that Dennis, Bond, LaBatte all of a sudden forgot how to block. To me this is a scheme and technique issue and that falls on the coach and nobody else. Now fix it.        

depopulationINC

Getting back to the O line issues and coaching. I would imagine it would be pretty hard for ODay to walk into Jones's office and say the O line sucks and its  Scheper's fault, I'm going to step in and show them the  right way. I mean Jones brought him in and we all know how Jones will live or die with the guys he brings in on staff (Macadon't)  if he showed film just on the O line and what they are doing wrong now as opposed before Scheper took over they were doing it right. He then could perhaps bringing in someone like Chris Best who is not on staff and have him help out. Now I don't know if Best is even available or would be willing to do it or would he even be a good teacher. Point is for ODay to say he is going to do it would be a pretty big pill to swallow for Jones. Not saying he shouldn't man up and realize after seeing the film that the guy he is using sucks at it. I would have thought with supposedly how diligent Jones is suppose to be that he would be looking at film himself and realize that there is a problem somewhere, that being said though after watching the mess  that Carter is at CB you  would have thought the same thing but obviously that isn't the case. Perhaps it would be best if ODay and Murphs team up and approach Jones on the issue. I don't know or care who does it or how they do it as long  as the fricken problem is cleared up. Sure we could use a couple of better O linemen but I highly doubt that Dennis, Bond, LaBatte all of a sudden forgot how to block. To me this is a scheme and technique issue and that falls on the coach and nobody else. Now fix it.        
He doesn't have to do it that way...simply talk to him about the big picture.  There are other coaches on the team with OL coaching experience.  I can assure you this topic has already started come up though not specifically on Sorrells....Scheper has done it for years...though IMO he is not a fabulous OL coach himself and might be part of the issue...2 cooks in the kitchen can be bad.  I know Jones has been approached from the outside...there is now opportunity/a window for those close to talk to him

Best might be alright, but he has never been through camp as a staffer...O'day has.  GMs come in as HC and stuff when someone is canned often...why not here?  Why bring in the extra salary?

depopulationINC

Eric Striker traded to the Argos.  Riders have a glutt at DE...so it makes sense.  Wondering if he takes over for Bass at LB.  I like Striker....He could be a very good player.  

nowhereman

Eric Striker traded to the Argos.  Riders have a glutt at DE...so it makes sense.  Wondering if he takes over for Bass at LB.  I like Striker....He could be a very good player.  
…for an (unnamed) neg list player
https://www.cfl.ca/2018/07/03/argos-acquire-dl-eric-striker-trade-riders/
https://www.riderville.com/2018/07/03/riders-make-deal-argonauts/

depopulationINC

…for an (unnamed) neg list player
https://www.cfl.ca/2018/07/03/argos-acquire-dl-eric-striker-trade-riders/
https://www.riderville.com/2018/07/03/riders-make-deal-argonauts/
Yeah...it is Denard Robinson. Striker seemed to be the real deal...so I hope this pays off.  Team was heavy on DE...they did well with recruiting there this year.  Someone had to go, so getting something is a good thing.  I think Striker has an opportunity to be a really good CFL player.  Only reason he is not in NFL is size...everything else about his game seems spot on and he seems to have a very high football IQ.  Robinson is not exactly a slouch. 

nowhereman

Yeah...it is Denard Robinson. Striker seemed to be the real deal...so I hope this pays off.  Team was heavy on DE...they did well with recruiting there this year.  Someone had to go, so getting something is a good thing.  I think Striker has an opportunity to be a really good CFL player.  Only reason he is not in NFL is size...everything else about his game seems spot on and he seems to have a very high football IQ.  Robinson is not exactly a slouch.  
http://3downnation.com/2018/07/03/riders-acquire-rights-to-offensive-weapon-denard-robinson-in-trade-with-argos/

nowhereman

@CFL_News #Riders sign National defensive back, Tristan Doughlin. #CFL via @sskroughriders

How did he look in spring before they released him?

depopulationINC

@CFL_News #Riders sign National defensive back, Tristan Doughlin. #CFL via @sskroughriders

How did he look in spring before they released him?
This was just today?  I thought this was like a week ago.  Musta just heard he was on the shortlist for callbacks...one of the LB went down in the last game.

To be honest...I was fairly surprised he was released.  He looked so/so at CB but actually rather promising at safety.  But they had MOB, Edem and Radford there.  Looking beyond 2018 this is a guy I would love to see given a chance to develop there.  Pretty snappy onto the ball and hits well....just what you want from your S.  He didn't rep at safety a lot in camp, but he played there in the Esks game and I thought went from odd man out to at minimum a really tough decision.  He started out really strong at Corner but kinda didn't keep up with how others progressed.  He signed a few days into camp and impressed right off the hop and then slid some...not sure he is ready to play DB...Safety, sure.  He might have potential at corner long term though.

nowhereman

This was just today?  I thought this was like a week ago.  Musta just heard he was on the shortlist for callbacks...one of the LB went down in the last game.

To be honest...I was fairly surprised he was released.  He looked so/so at CB but actually rather promising at safety.  But they had MOB, Edem and Radford there.  Looking beyond 2018 this is a guy I would love to see given a chance to develop there.  Pretty snappy onto the ball and hits well....just what you want from your S.  He didn't rep at safety a lot in camp, but he played there in the Esks game and I thought went from odd man out to at minimum a really tough decision.  He started out really strong at Corner but kinda didn't keep up with how others progressed.  He signed a few days into camp and impressed right off the hop and then slid some...not sure he is ready to play DB...Safety, sure.  He might have potential at corner long term though.
🤷‍♂️ They just tweeted it today
https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/1018528014920044545?s=21

Users Online

75 Guests, 8 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
mycko75, RM14, ExPat, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, IceTheKicker, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)